8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
43 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

Oh man :( 166 days here and still a' waiting ya'll ... and just got back from my visit with my love and we are both out of our minds today. I honestly didn't see this taking this long and I just thought we would be done with this thing by now ... that's what I get for thinking :jest: I called them today and got a tier 2 on the phone ... the lady I spoke with was nice but couldn't tell me anything other than what I already knew, but she did say that she hopes they approve us soon and wished me luck on the marriage, so that was nice to hear a little empathy and compassion from one of the workers there. I have really been struggling with this RFE and certainly it was an easy fix but I start to just get sick over it when I see people waiting another two months to get more news. I am hopeful this isn't going to be us. Anyways guys just wanted to check in and also say congrats to those who have been approved! We're hanging in here ... it's been rough but we still hanging. I have a good life here in the States and a great job, but I am willing to walk away from it all to be with my woman ya'll. I remember thinking on those long nights on Paris Island, SC during USMC boot camp ... man nothing can be this hard ... I stand corrected! I have had many thoughts of going to Russia to be with her for the remainder of the process, but then what about income and the interview and plane tickets and the house I just got for us ... I have thought many times about just moving us to a country with open doors .. but then all the same concerns. Oh all these thoughts ... Alright Petitioners ... who else has been thinking along these lines ... and how are you guys handling things when the hope starts to fade and the mind starts to play its tricks ... I mean I'm going crazy :jest:  

Hang in there... yes, it's one of the toughest things I've ever gone through but, all I can say is, keep your eye on the prize.  :)

18 minutes ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

I know!  Really busy here.  My previous goal was to get approved prior to hitting 500 pages.  Now I would like to have my interview scheduled before we hit 600!  I am really cheering on those that are still waiting.  Your time is coming, and well deserved due to your love and patience.

And you did it! Who knows, you might have it scheduled by 550. It's no joke how fast it is after NVC. Lol 

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, LabOz said:

You need to call USCIS for sure.

No reason what so ever for the delay

Yeah I did. And they put a request in for an inquiry. But that takes a few weeks too...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Singhs07 said:

Yeah I did. And they put a request in for an inquiry. But that takes a few weeks too...

I wonder why they give so much hard time to people. Ugh I wish you’ll have that case number soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, vcpdragon said:

Oh man :( 166 days here and still a' waiting ya'll ... and just got back from my visit with my love and we are both out of our minds today. I honestly didn't see this taking this long and I just thought we would be done with this thing by now ... that's what I get for thinking :jest: I called them today and got a tier 2 on the phone ... the lady I spoke with was nice but couldn't tell me anything other than what I already knew, but she did say that she hopes they approve us soon and wished me luck on the marriage, so that was nice to hear a little empathy and compassion from one of the workers there. I have really been struggling with this RFE and certainly it was an easy fix but I start to just get sick over it when I see people waiting another two months to get more news. I am hopeful this isn't going to be us. Anyways guys just wanted to check in and also say congrats to those who have been approved! We're hanging in here ... it's been rough but we still hanging. I have a good life here in the States and a great job, but I am willing to walk away from it all to be with my woman ya'll. I remember thinking on those long nights on Paris Island, SC during USMC boot camp ... man nothing can be this hard ... I stand corrected! I have had many thoughts of going to Russia to be with her for the remainder of the process, but then what about income and the interview and plane tickets and the house I just got for us ... I have thought many times about just moving us to a country with open doors .. but then all the same concerns. Oh all these thoughts ... Alright Petitioners ... who else has been thinking along these lines ... and how are you guys handling things when the hope starts to fade and the mind starts to play its tricks ... I mean I'm going crazy :jest:  

I can completely relate to how you're feeling. This process is so trying and so tough. I have definitely had similar thoughts, but all those thoughts just show how much you love her and that can be nothing but good! I'm sure you'll have your NOA2 soon, and then it'll all be uphill from there! You'll be looking back on this time and will be so excited for what's to come. It's tough but I think we'd all agree it is way more than worth it to be with the ones we love forever. Hang in there! We'll all be at that finish line so soon.

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

1 hour ago, vcpdragon said:

Welcome back :)

Hang in there buddy, this is gonna be a story for the grandkids who are always gonna wanna hear how grandma and grandpa almost lost their minds waiting to get to eachother, and all the supportive folks & family around you helped you cope and that it was well worth the wait.

You're gonna get a speedy response and be jumping for joy , you 'll see :P  

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, krizia said:

I wonder why they give so much hard time to people. Ugh I wish you’ll have that case number soon. 

Hi Krizia I just want to ask something about the NBI application. I am planning to set an appointment soon, however I would like to ask what is the purpose in detail that you click on the options? I am curious which one of the three options that I've seen on that NBI website.

So basically they have the options  *travel abroad *travel USA  * visa USA I would like to ask which options did you choose from those 3 given? Thanks

This is April from Philippines

Timeline
3 hours ago, PygmyPuff said:

Thank you! Good luck to you. I hope you will receive your NOA2 soon

4 hours ago, kat.cap13 said:

Those ice storms are nothing to a girl from Canada!! Bring it on!! Those are the only conditions I know how to drive in :)

HAHAHA Ain't that the truth. I will probably be swearing at people down here saying haven't you seen snow before this is nothing. LOL My fiance is like oh we get a couple inches and then its gone in a couple days every few weeks in The Springs. I am like hmmm 3 feet or more from November-April in Manitoba. LOL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, April and Stan said:

Hi Krizia I just want to ask something about the NBI application. I am planning to set an appointment soon, however I would like to ask what is the purpose in detail that you click on the options? I am curious which one of the three options that I've seen on that NBI website.

So basically they have the options  *travel abroad *travel USA  * visa USA I would like to ask which options did you choose from those 3 given? Thanks

This is April from Philippines

Hi Ate April, not @krizia here but a friend of hers. We chose 'travel abroad' purposes. :)

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

Timeline
3 hours ago, smilei said:

Congrats, Ate! ❤️

Thank you sis.

3 hours ago, PygmyPuff said:

Thank you @PygmyPuff.

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

04/28/2017 - NOA1 - Received hardcopy

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

Congratulations on your approval!  So happy for you. 

Thank you @Mike & Tuyen.

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

04/28/2017 - NOA1 - Received hardcopy

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.