8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, mcs said:

Congratulations!!!!  It was breaking my heart reading that you were thinking of giving up... especially, since I'm an early May filer and I've been feeling the waiting pain for a while now... I'm so happy for you!!!!  Congratulations again!!!! :):):):):)

Well, I guess I've shared a bad part of myself in this forum. It just proves that my patience isn't very good and it's very embarrassing. But anyway, I'm very thankful for your greeting. It makes me even happier! Since you're an early May filer then good stuff is comin for you very very soon ;) goodluck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know what the quickest time period is that someone has gone from NOA2 to POE please? 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

Oh hello! Thanks for the reply. And I see your noa2 is very close from arriving. I hope you won't get to wait long like i did lol. Goodluck! Let's hope for the best :)

You were able to answer my question very well. We kinda have the same situation so I just wanted someone else tell their point of view. So thanks. But the joint/co sponsor should only be one person, am I correct?

So from what I understand you can have up to two joint sponsors however each must individually meet the income requirement so you couldn't combine your income (as the petitioning sponsor) with the joint sponsor and if you have two joint sponsors (which would be more likely if you had a family situation and children were involved necessitating the need for a higher income) each joint sponsor would have to individually meet the income requirement which currently I believe is under $22,000 per year (for the federal poverty level). I think for your situation you would just need one! If you have any other questions let me know! I have talked to various individuals about this to make sure it doesn't become a hindrance in the process so I am pretty well versed! 

NOA1 Received Date: April 27th, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: May 1st, 2017

RFE email notice: September 25th, 2017

RFE hardcopy received: September 28th, 2017

USCISs Response to RFE received: September 29th, 2017

NOA2: October 10th, 2017

NVC Received and Case Number Assigned: October 24th, 2017

NVC Left and Consulate Received: October 26th, 2017

Medical Exam: November 7th, 2017

Interview: December 5th, 2017 APPROVED

Visa on hand: December 8th, 2017

POE (LAX): December 12th, 2017

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeniandMatt said:

Finally!! Congratulations! I am sooo happy for you:jest: . At least now you can finally enjoy being with your beloved, considering how stressful the long wait has been. And to make things more exciting after Noa2 and nvc it's really up to you how fast or slow you want to go with the process. So soon it's gonna be rock and roll for you too :dance:

Hey Jeni&Matt. You know you're both one of my fave couples here who I hope and pray for a smooth process. Thanks for the uplifting words and yes that's true. It is really up to us after nvc lol good luck everyone! :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, MJI said:

Congratulations!!! I've been cheering and waiting for your approval as well!!  So happy for you!

Thanks so much MJI. It's awesome that we have people being excited the same as us. I hope you have a smooth process. Goodluck in the future! :)

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

Thanks @Tatiana&D.S.! Will look it up :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K+D said:

So from what I understand you can have up to two joint sponsors however each must individually meet the income requirement so you couldn't combine your income (as the petitioning sponsor) with the joint sponsor and if you have two joint sponsors (which would be more likely if you had a family situation and children were involved necessitating the need for a higher income) each joint sponsor would have to individually meet the income requirement which currently I believe is under $22,000 per year (for the federal poverty level). I think for your situation you would just need one! If you have any other questions let me know! I have talked to various individuals about this to make sure it doesn't become a hindrance in the process so I am pretty well versed! 

Do you mind if I ask a question as well, while the subject is being discussed? I've been trying to figure something out and you seem to know a lot about joint sponsorship. 

Basically, I meet the income requirement if you just look at my paystubs and see what I make on average. But I've only had this job for a year as I'm only a year out of college, so my taxes don't reflect that income. Also, I consistently work at least part time but often full time hours, but my job isn't titled as such, I'm technically "Casual" or "Per Diem".  Overall, I'm worried that something could go wrong and my income just won't be convincing to the officer. With that in mind, I asked my mom to gather the documents and fill out the form to be a co-sponsor, if necessary. So her affidavit of support and mine are both in the packet I sent to my fiance. Is there anything to lose by having him hand them both over at the interview? I'm thinking this is the safest option even though my original plan was for him to just have my mom's at the ready in case they didn't like mine.

Thanks so much!

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

Timeline
12 minutes ago, K+D said:

Ohh alright. I see. That's good information. You see, I've been reading some stuff about it online but I don't think I could understand it unless someone who's done the same thing explains it to me. So thanks. Maybe I'll send you a private message soon so I can ask you certain stuff about it. I appreciate it ☺☺☺☺☺

Timeline
Just now, PygmyPuff said:

Do you mind if I ask a question as well, while the subject is being discussed? I've been trying to figure something out and you seem to know a lot about joint sponsorship. 

Basically, I meet the income requirement if you just look at my paystubs and see what I make on average. But I've only had this job for a year as I'm only a year out of college, so my taxes don't reflect that income. Also, I consistently work at least part time but often full time hours, but my job isn't titled as such, I'm technically "Casual" or "Per Diem".  Overall, I'm worried that something could go wrong and my income just won't be convincing to the officer. With that in mind, I asked my mom to gather the documents and fill out the form to be a co-sponsor, if necessary. So her affidavit of support and mine are both in the packet I sent to my fiance. Is there anything to lose by having him hand them both over at the interview? I'm thinking this is the safest option even though my original plan was for him to just have my mom's at the ready in case they didn't like mine.

Thanks so much!

Yeah so I would definitely provide both in this situation. The evidence I have collected for mine (and my dad's) are official letters of employment verification from our employers, W2's from the last 3 years, and tax transcripts from the last 3 years as well as pay stubs for both of us over the last 3 months. Because your job is casual and has only been for one year due to your recent graduation it is a good idea to include your mom as a co-sponsor; looking at them together I believe would look best and be most convincing to an officer. I am pretty sure there is nothing to lose by providing both and will be the safest option! 

3 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

Ohh alright. I see. That's good information. You see, I've been reading some stuff about it online but I don't think I could understand it unless someone who's done the same thing explains it to me. So thanks. Maybe I'll send you a private message soon so I can ask you certain stuff about it. I appreciate it ☺☺☺☺☺

Sounds good! Best wishes for the rest of your journey! It can only speed up from here! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

Does anyone here has a Checklist of what to take to the Interview? 

Specially the part of the Affidavit and Tax and payment stubs?

I would check out this page http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico&cty=&dfilter=5 it is reviews of the consulate for Mexico as the particulars for each consulate can be specific and is based on people who actually had there interviews at the same place you will be having yours! But for the i134 affidavit of support I am including verification of employment, pay stubs from the last 3 months, tax transcripts for the past three years, and W2's for the past three years. You can also get information from your bank regarding checking and savings accounts, the average balance, and the total amount deposited over the past year- however from what I have read this information does not need to be included if your taxes provide evidence of sufficient income!

This is a list of what is required to bring to medical exam in Kenya this is just a reference I am not sure on the particulars for Mexico: 

1.     Original valid passport, 3 copies of the bio data page as well as proof of payment 

2.     Your letter which has your case/file number, plus 1 copy

3.     2 recent passport size photos taken less than six month as per specification above (2” X 2”)

4.     The cost of the initial medicals assessment will be USD 138 for adults while a child aged below 15 Yrs. is USD 105. In addition to the above flat fee, the additional charges for vaccination will depend on what the panel physician will determine i.e. given your age, sex, medical history, current medical condition, previous vaccinations. Thus the total cost ranges between USD112 and USD294.

5.     If the doctor does not require further tests after your exam, you will be given your CXR film on the same day while the medical report including your vaccination certificate will be sent to the embassy the following day. In the event further tests are required, the doctors will advise you when to collect your CXR film.  Kindly note you will be given your vaccination certificate at the US embassy when you go for your interview appointment.

6.     We advise you book an appointment at least two weeks PRIOR to your appointment with the embassy, if not earlier.

This is a short list of some of the things I plan for my fiance to have in hand when he heads to his interview:

-Confirmation of interview appointment and past medical appointment (medical info is sent directly to the consulate in my case)
-passport and copy 
-birth certificate & copy of birth certificate
-DS-160 confirmation page
-DS-160 payment receipt
-police certificate and copy

-passport photos (my consulate asks for 2)
-I-134 Affidavit of Support
-tax transcript, W2, verification of employment 

-evidence of relationship (loads of photos, flight confirmations, boarding passes, Airbnb receipts, etc) 

I hope this is helpful sorry it is not consulate specific for you!

Edited by K+D

10 minutes ago, K+D said:

I would check out this page http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico&cty=&dfilter=5 it is reviews of the consulate for Mexico as the particulars for each consulate can be specific and is based on people who actually had there interviews at the same place you will be having yours! But for the i134 affidavit of support I am including verification of employment, pay stubs from the last 3 months, tax transcripts for the past three years, and W2's for the past three years. You can also get information from your bank regarding checking and savings accounts, the average balance, and the total amount deposited over the past year- however from what I have read this information does not need to be included if your taxes provide evidence of sufficient income!

This is a list of what is required to bring to medical exam in Kenya this is just a reference I am not sure on the particulars for Mexico: 

1.     Original valid passport, 3 copies of the bio data page as well as proof of payment 

2.     Your letter which has your case/file number, plus 1 copy

3.     2 recent passport size photos taken less than six month as per specification above (2” X 2”)

4.     The cost of the initial medicals assessment will be USD 138 for adults while a child aged below 15 Yrs. is USD 105. In addition to the above flat fee, the additional charges for vaccination will depend on what the panel physician will determine i.e. given your age, sex, medical history, current medical condition, previous vaccinations. Thus the total cost ranges between USD112 and USD294.

5.     If the doctor does not require further tests after your exam, you will be given your CXR film on the same day while the medical report including your vaccination certificate will be sent to the embassy the following day. In the event further tests are required, the doctors will advise you when to collect your CXR film.  Kindly note you will be given your vaccination certificate at the US embassy when you go for your interview appointment.

6.     We advise you book an appointment at least two weeks PRIOR to your appointment with the embassy, if not earlier.

This is a short list of some of the things I plan for my fiance to have in hand when he heads to his interview:

-Confirmation of interview appointment and past medical appointment (medical info is sent directly to the consulate in my case)
-passport and copy 
-birth certificate & copy of birth certificate
-DS-160 confirmation page
-DS-160 payment receipt
-police certificate and copy

-passport photos (my consulate asks for 2)
-I-134 Affidavit of Support
-tax transcript, W2, verification of employment 

-evidence of relationship (loads of photos, flight confirmations, boarding passes, Airbnb receipts, etc) 

I hope this is helpful sorry it is not consulate specific for you!

Thank you sooo much for this! Is really helpful :rolleyes:

@Sallysyrup congrats on your Noa2 :)

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Estibaliz said:

Yes, I'm quite under that impression too, though I don't know how well prepared or front loaded were the different petitions. But considering a lot of people used visa services and lawyers and still got one, yes, so it seems :mellow:

I used a legal service too... 🙁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.