8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

We were approved yesterday and everything is still showing as case was received, no emails or texts either.

Hope that helps

Yes that helps ,thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update

NOA 1 4-13

I received an electronic notice that the USCIS was mailing me an RFE on 9/5.  My online status changed almost immediately.  I live in San Diego and the CSC is in Los Angeles.  I didn't get the letter until 9/8.

The RFE requested more proof of our seeing each other.  The request I thought I'd fulfilled was to prove that we had seen each other at least once before.  Apparently the electronic tickets  (of several trips) I'd sent and pictures were not enough.  The letter states I needed to at least send a copy of a boarding pass or other such evidence as well as copies of the face page and passport stamps.  My fiancé and I have seen each other nearly a dozen times in our relationship and I didn't want to copy every piece of evidence about every visit.  Some of these visits included his family coming to meet mine and one of my children coming with me to see them in the UK.  We have pictures of our kids and us gathering around the Grand Canyon and sitting in rides at Disneyland with us for god's sake.  Also, since we are so electronically dependent most of our tickets have been electronic boarding passes.

This antiquated requirement they have is outrageous!  

Soooooo.... deep cleansing breath..... I gave them EVERYTHING.  I sent them the electronic tickets, I sent them the proof of purchase transactions for the tickets.  I sent them corroborating passport stamps of every visit by me, him, and even our Kid's passport book stamps.  I sent them pictures of me and him and our family together with arrows and names over our heads and dates they occurred with all the famous sites labelled.  I sent them copies of the boarding passes we did gather and luggage tags that happened to be stuffed into luggage pockets and even photo snapshots of the electronic boarding passes we used (sometimes I do that in case there's no wifi or LTE service).I sent them credit card bills of purchases made while we were in the other country,  The entire package was 129 pages with cross referenced flight details, times the flights departed, changed planes, airports we changed planes in, and times we arrived.  

See, what they don't realise is that all of us hunny bunnies LOVE to show Off our relationship in full animated colour copies littered with smiles and joy.  The gathering was a trip down memory lane and even if it took six hours and a sleepless night to gather it all, it went out in the mail this morning with a copy sent to my fiancé.  Btw.  The RFE gets sent to a PO box so it can only be sent through the US postal service, not FedEx.

Best of luck to all of you and please send good wishes my way that the "book of evidence" was well received and gets me speedily to the next step.  

Timeline
17 minutes ago, slownomooo said:

I wanted to say thanks to you guys, as I have been lurking in your I-129F April forum - read it multiple times a day -, even though I do not quite belong here. I filed an I-130 at the end of April (Received date of April 26/Notice date of May 1) and filed an I-129F | K3 at mid-May (Received date of May 12/Notice date of May 16) as we got married in Russia. We were using your guys' enthusiasm and positive energy to manage through this frustrating time-period of open ended approval date together with my wonderful wife. There are only a few K3 applications on the entire site, and there was 1 in my timeline vicinity, therefore the timeline estimate does not even work.... Additionally, I could not track the status of I-130 online either until Sept 5 = case was not found, but I could track the I-129F, I was banking on getting that approved first based on what I saw happening.

So, here came the surprise - no notification, no status update online (still pending), but this morning I opened my mailbox and I found a single mail - it was the I-797 NOA2 for the I-130 petition | APPROVED on Sept 1. SRC*****41577 in 123 DAYS.

What an awesome Saturday present! Of course, now comes the NVC and stuff, but at least from here, the process is transparent and predictable.

This came in 2 months faster than current statistics, therefore those of you who are waiting, there is a chance that it will go faster. It is easier said than done, but hang in there, it is a wonderful feeling when you finally get what you want and deserve.

Last but not least, it seems that at least the Texas Service Center is working more or less okay.

Thanks again for the opportunity and wish you an expeditious approval of your case!

P.S. My timeline is updated.

AWESOME!  Congratulations!

13 minutes ago, MJI said:

Update

NOA 1 4-13

I received an electronic notice that the USCIS was mailing me an RFE on 9/5.  My online status changed almost immediately.  I live in San Diego and the CSC is in Los Angeles.  I didn't get the letter until 9/8.

The RFE requested more proof of our seeing each other.  The request I thought I'd fulfilled was to prove that we had seen each other at least once before.  Apparently the electronic tickets  (of several trips) I'd sent and pictures were not enough.  The letter states I needed to at least send a copy of a boarding pass or other such evidence as well as copies of the face page and passport stamps.  My fiancé and I have seen each other nearly a dozen times in our relationship and I didn't want to copy every piece of evidence about every visit.  Some of these visits included his family coming to meet mine and one of my children coming with me to see them in the UK.  We have pictures of our kids and us gathering around the Grand Canyon and sitting in rides at Disneyland with us for god's sake.  Also, since we are so electronically dependent most of our tickets have been electronic boarding passes.

Soooooo.... deep cleansing breath..... I gave them EVERYTHING.  I sent them the electronic tickets, I sent them the proof of purchase transactions for the tickets.  I sent them corroborating passport stamps of every visit by me, him, and even our Kid's passport book stamps.  I sent them pictures of me and him and our family together with arrows and names over our heads and dates they occurred with all the famous sites labelled.  I sent them copies of the boarding passes we did gather and luggage tags that happened to be stuffed into luggage pockets and even photo snapshots of the electronic boarding passes we used (sometimes I do that in case there's no wifi or LTE service).I sent them credit card bills of purchases made while we were in the other country,  The entire package was 129 pages with cross referenced flight details, times the flights departed, changed planes, airports we changed planes in, and times we arrived.  

See, what they don't realise is that all of us hunny bunnies LOVE to show Off our relationship in full animated colour copies littered with smiles and joy.  The gathering was a trip down memory lane and even if it took six hours and a sleepless night to gather it all, it went out in the mail this morning with a copy sent to my fiancé.  Btw.  The RFE gets sent to a PO box so it can only be sent through the US postal service, not FedEx.

Best of luck to all of you and please send good wishes my way that the "book of evidence" was well received and gets me speedily to the next step.  

What a lovely what to fix and fight the RFE, Im sure the adjudicator will be like "ok ok, I made a mistake not trusting you"<_<

But hey! They wanted Further Evidence!!! Right?:jest:

Hope you get your NOA2 quickly!

Edited by MeliiGo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
17 hours ago, krizia said:

Hello. Don't give up!! You can do it. 

You know what we did? We kept on calling them even if we get the same answer every time. Almost every week we call. So what we did on one of our calls we had series of questions to Tier 2 like 'is the background check done' 'is the officer assigned to our documents' we come up with like 5 questions that's when he gaves us a service request number since then we got a response from email about those questions and we found out that an officer is assigned then we said ok we'll wait after 1 week we didn't hear anything I ask him to call again so they said oh you're done with BG check you should get a response soon that was aug 31 I thnk (2 days after our anniversary) Sep 2 we got approved as per the notice letter but our app got updated on sep 5th. 

PS: Not all Tier2 gives service request try to come up with questions. Once you have the service request you can create an email then add those questions. They don't respond within 24 hrs but they will respond for sure. This process is a long one but it will be worth it. One day you wll just laugh at those moments you had when you were waiting. I hope this week coming you will get something. I will be  very happy for you! 

Hi

do you have any reference guide to know which are those "5 questions"? would be nice to have an specific guideline of that

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, MJI said:

Update

NOA 1 4-13

send them a copy of the passport of pages with seals of border control, of both of yours passports ... this is very important

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

send them a copy of the passport of pages with seals of border control, of both of yours passports ... this is very important

Yes, you're right.  That is exactly what they asked for and my RFE book included everyone's stamps. 

Timeline
Just now, MJI said:

Yes, you're right.  That is exactly what they asked for and my RFE book included everyone's stamps. 

just for a notice : the most important are the STAMPS - SEALS -  SIGNATURES

the rest only the additional ... have a great of luck ! i keep my fingers crossed for you !

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jb1 said:

Is anybody here at the "nvc" realm yet? I'm trying to spy on some timelines 😜

We are "at NVC😊 got our case # last Tuesday 9/5. We looked at other cases, looks like 5 days before it changed to "in transit" but we have scheduled our interview and did online appointment for the medical when we got the case #. We are not so excited arent we 😊

Edited by JeniandMatt

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MJI said:

i thought about this : so,  in terms of uscis employee... we all have to prove the existence of a relationship of the last two years, then official proofs are needed .. such as photos work as adding, since it can be assumed that the photos were taken 2,5 or 3 years ago, 

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
11 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

You're welcome.  Remember to be really patient with those helping you.  After all, they are federal employees too.  Where you and I talk in 'days', they work in 30 and 45 day cycles.  It takes a bit of patience :D 

haha yes, it takes numerous bits of patience :P

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jb1 said:

Congratulations😁we got ours Friday. How long do you think it will be there?

Congratulations to you too. I've edited my post. From the cases that weve looked at usually 5 days to change to "in transit" then one day for ready status so maybe one week to reach the embassy. We have scheduled our interview and medical you can too. Earliest available schedule last Thursday was 9/14 so really if you wanna go fast we can go fast pace here in the Philippines but we didn't schedule that soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.