8,297 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I travelled once after my NOA2 and I had my NVC number (they emailed my fiance), but it was still in transit to the embassy at the time of my trip. 

I brought a letter from my job saying when I was due to return, a copy of my itinerary which showed my return flight, a copy of my NOA2 and the email from the NVC and I highlighted where it said my embassy was Montreal.  I think I brought the first page printout of my DS160 too.  I pretty much just grabbed anything that showed I was immigrating legally. 

When going through customs I told him I was going to visit my fiance and that we were going through the K1 visa process.  I can't remember if I told him about the paperwork or if he asked for it first, but either way, he did look at the NOA2.  I also mentioned that I HAD to go back to Canada for my interview.  If you have an interview booked, I would bring a printout of that as proof too.

@Melodica256

Thank you! It would literally only be for 3 nights, I guess I'll try and stay prepared 😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Me and my fiance were june fillers too.. We filled june 6, 2017 and recieved Noa1 on june 9, 2017 still waiting for Noa2... Praying to have it soon😞😞😞😞 goodluck to us

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Congratulations girl! So happy for you!! 😁😁

Thank you !!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!!! i wish a big luck for you, to get your NOA2 very soon !!!!!! :dance::star:

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, MeliiGo said:

Hi everyone! Today my fiance got our what apparently is a NOA2 WOOHOOO so happy!!!

But it arrises so many questions?

It says consulate mexico city, although for mexico Ive seen all the people going to Ciudad Juarez for the K1 VISA...

We had a trip planned to see each other next weekend, should I cancel that trip? or is it okay to entry the country with a return ticket and a letter from my employer saying I need to return back?

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 8.00.26 PM.png

Congratulations Melii :-) I hope that luck of yours spreads out to me lol

Timeline

Hi all! Today mark's our 155th day since received date. and that big ol' 150th day since NOA1 date. I dunno. Just putting it out there. Getting really tired of updating for no reason HA-HA-HA.

Glad everyone else gets their approvals one by one. I hope nobody experiences the same way and feels the same as we do right now. I;m very very close to quitting. But very happy for yall! I hope it goes faster til you have your visas on hand! Goodluck!

April 6 received date

April 11 NOA1 date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

Hi all! Today mark's our 155th day since received date. and that big ol' 150th day since NOA1 date. I dunno. Just putting it out there. Getting really tired of updating for no reason HA-HA-HA.

Glad everyone else gets their approvals one by one. I hope nobody experiences the same way and feels the same as we do right now. I;m very very close to quitting. But very happy for yall! I hope it goes faster til you have your visas on hand! Goodluck!

April 6 received date

April 11 NOA1 date

Have you thought about doing a congressional enquiry? I'm not sure if it was just our time or the fact the enquiry was put to USCIS on Tuesday that led to us being approved a few days later?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both! 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

April 6 received date

April 11 NOA1 date

Hello. Don't give up!! You can do it. 

You know what we did? We kept on calling them even if we get the same answer every time. Almost every week we call. So what we did on one of our calls we had series of questions to Tier 2 like 'is the background check done' 'is the officer assigned to our documents' we come up with like 5 questions that's when he gaves us a service request number since then we got a response from email about those questions and we found out that an officer is assigned then we said ok we'll wait after 1 week we didn't hear anything I ask him to call again so they said oh you're done with BG check you should get a response soon that was aug 31 I thnk (2 days after our anniversary) Sep 2 we got approved as per the notice letter but our app got updated on sep 5th. 

PS: Not all Tier2 gives service request try to come up with questions. Once you have the service request you can create an email then add those questions. They don't respond within 24 hrs but they will respond for sure. This process is a long one but it will be worth it. One day you wll just laugh at those moments you had when you were waiting. I hope this week coming you will get something. I will be  very happy for you! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
10 hours ago, MeliiGo said:

Hi everyone! Today my fiance got our what apparently is a NOA2 WOOHOOO so happy!!!

It says consulate mexico city, although for mexico Ive seen all the people going to Ciudad Juarez for the K1 VISA...

We had a trip planned to see each other next weekend, should I cancel that trip? or is it okay to entry the country with a return ticket and a letter from my employer saying I need to return back?

Big congrats, girl! So happy for you :jest:

I think you will be ok travelling with those supporting documents, and maybe even the NOA2 as proof you are doing things the legal way. Just be ready to answer questions maybe :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
8 hours ago, LabOz said:

Something fishy here Maybe.   I spoke to Tier 2 this week and they are NOT the adjudicator. Furthermore they are not necessarily even located in California. I asked my Tier 2 and he said he was not in Cali.

Well the "files" are in Cali so not sure how a Tier 2 guy could see on your actual file what was written there if he is not there in the CSC unless by file he means on-line data base or something.

You are correct, uscis Natl Cust Svc Ctr isn't in California.  I stumbled across the address once, but I can't remember if it is in Massachusetts or New Hampshire..... but anyway, it is on the East Coast.  About all they can do is get a computer file open and see what is typed in the notes :) 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ethiopia1 said:

Thank you @Estibaliz.  Got nervous once I read that "administrative processing" of @Jeff and Alina. I just got off the phone from NVC and the person on the phone says it will be forwarded "soon" but can't give me any reason for the delay (other than suggesting it is not really late) or specific day.  He said "we got it on August 22nd and we are working on to send it to the embassy.."  (I'm glad they work until midnight Easter time).  And I also asked him if there is anything expected from me and he responded "not at this time.. you will get communication from your embassy once they receive your case" (paraphrased).  Will be waiting again. I am being positive the delay is for something good.  

Sorry I got you nervous :huh: Hopefully they were just a bit slow mailing because they were waiting for more cases from your country or something petty like that and it will be traveling soon :)

Best of luck!

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

ROC process 

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

Our case has gone to Moscow embassy yesterday !   IN TRANSIT :dancing:  

Yahooooo! I am happy ! :dance::wub:

Good luck for all of you, guys !  :jest::jest::jest:

Yay, good news for a good weekend! Hope it arrives there soon! :yes:

:dance::dance::dance:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Yay, good news for a good weekend! Hope it arrives there soon! :yes:

:dance::dance::dance:

yahooo,yes!!!)) i hope so ,  thank you , @Estibaliz !!!

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
10 hours ago, MeliiGo said:

Conratulations !!! Happy for you !!!

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
1 hour ago, krizia said:

Hello. Don't give up!! You can do it. 

You know what we did? We kept on calling them even if we get the same answer every time. Almost every week we call. So what we did on one of our calls we had series of questions to Tier 2 :thumbs:like 'is the background check done' 'is the officer assigned to our documents' we come up with like 5 questions that's when he gaves us a service request number since then we got a response from email about those questions and we found out that an officer is assigned then we said ok we'll wait after 1 week we didn't hear anything I ask him to call again :thumbs:so they said oh you're done with BG check you should get a response soon that was aug 31 I thnk (2 days after our anniversary) Sep 2 we got approved as per the notice letter but our app got updated on sep 5th. 

PS: Not all Tier2 gives service request try to come up with questions. Once you have the service request you can create an email then add those questions. They don't respond within 24 hrs but they will respond for sure. This process is a long one but it will be worth it. One day you wll just laugh at those moments you had when you were waiting. I hope this week coming you will get something. I will be  very happy for you! 

I bet you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express!!!!     Smart!!! :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.