8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, _Mia_ said:

Yea same! My man have had to calm me down so much in the last week because I've been freaking out about EVERYTHING lol. Like one evening I was convinced that they'd for sure wouldn't approve our petition because of my divorce but now I'm also a bit worried because I had a miscarriage about 5 years ago and was borderline depressed after than, I'm worried that this will show up on the medical report now and they will be like hmmmm you have a history of depression and won't approve my medical. Like his mom had to text me last night and be like please chill out :blink: I'm telling myself that I can probably handle one more month without knowing anything before I go crazy..

I feel your pain! The waiting just makes you second guess everything. We are going to wait until Mid-September and if we have no news by then, think about contacting the Senator. I do hear that the London embassy are relatively relaxed as long as you have the right documents so hopefully it all gets a little easier once we have our NOA2s!

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

1 minute ago, Salty2305 said:

I feel your pain! The waiting just makes you second guess everything. We are going to wait until Mid-September and if we have no news by then, think about contacting the Senator. I do hear that the London embassy are relatively relaxed as long as you have the right documents so hopefully it all gets a little easier once we have our NOA2s!

Yes fingers crossed! Hopefully you'll get some good news today! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sallysyrup said:

Whew. That escalated quickly. Well, that's better than having nothing at all. Your waiting just adds up about 2 weeks more so that should be fine. Glad you have progress on your case.

The thing is that I've called them a couple of times and I was able to speak to a tier 1. Apparently having to call a few times, I looked it up online and it turns out I can't get a call back because I'm abroad. Sucks.

Well i know it sucks but you're right at the timeline for approval.  The VJ timeline isnt accurate.  Some people get it early some get it later.  We are on the later side it seems but it is coming very soon.  We waited this long so what is a few weeks.  It's almost over.  I have no clue what the RFE is but i guess i will find out and hope it's fast.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Good Morning everybody!

Its nice to see how quickly everything goes after NOA2. Thank you for the updates after NOA2 as it adds 50/50 hope and jealousy (the good kind) to our journey.

I was really thinking "surely NOA2 will be here by the end of August". That is tomorrow. Time goes slow and fast at the same time. I think I will call USCIS today because why not. 

I hope everyone here will be able to celebrate their long weekend with the peace of mind brought to you in the form of a NOA2!

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

OMG! I was just randomly checking the ceac tracker, since it changed to In Transit just last night, and it says it's READY :o

Going to send them an email right away, since otherwise it takes them a week to send the package 3 by email... And that's too much for a VIP like me (Very Impatient Person :P)

:jest:

I've been watching your timeline and I got a notification this morning that you updated it and saw that your Embassy received your petition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOO HAPPPPPYYYY FOR YOU MY FAVORITE APRILITE!!!!

Today, I just reached my 100th day (received date according to the tracker so I guess I'm on my 98th notice date); which made me happy because I know the end is near and I'll be in your shoes soon. Told my fiancé last night, I pray it we at least 30-40 days left. But by my 40th day, I'm gonna start calling them. It just feels good to finally be as close as we are!!!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jb1 said:

Any filipinas/Filipinos that can explain the CFO subject to me again..my fiance scheduled an appointment..but I feel like they're asking for more information than the American embassy is..

CFO is a Commission fir Filioino Overseas. They have two kinds of seminars.

1. GCP or Guidance Councelling Program

2. PDOS or Pre Departure Orientation Seminar.

GCP is for spouse or fiance of USC or a former Filipino.  From what I understand, they are giving the beneficiaries about information like what is it like marrying a foreigner, what to expect, where to call if you need help,etc. No Filipino can leave the country without taking this CFO, Filipino needs to have their passport a sticker from CFO.

Hope this helps

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

04/28/2017 - NOA1 - Received hardcopy

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Jeff and Alina said:

Congratulations! Mine still says "At NVC" . . . le sigh.

Thank you! I'm sure yours will be moving soon. 

I have to say this part of the process has me completely puzzled. After we were told not to call the people dealing with electronic cases, now I've seen my case go from "In Transit" to "Ready" in probably like 8 hours :huh: 

I think maybe they are slow updating the tracker too...

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I've been watching your timeline and I got a notification this morning that you updated it and saw that your Embassy received your petition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOO HAPPPPPYYYY FOR YOU MY FAVORITE APRILITE!!!!

Today, I just reached my 100th day (received date according to the tracker so I guess I'm on my 98th notice date); which made me happy because I know the end is near and I'll be in your shoes soon. Told my fiancé last night, I pray it we at least 30-40 days left. But by my 40th day, I'm gonna start calling them. It just feels good to finally be as close as we are!!!

Yeah, it's been a crazy morning with the tracker since I woke up. Had to update my timeline twice. Crazy indeed. :blink:

I emailed my Embassy and they replied quite fast telling me they haven't processed the case yet, and they will contact me when it's received and processed. Lol, chances are I emailed them 5 minutes after the status changed, who knows? :P So just hoping it doesn't take a whole week now, but not sure with Monday being a holiday.

Anyway, thank you very much for the enthusiastic message, my favorite May lurker ;) (Is there any specific word to call you, May fillers?). I'm really looking forward to your NOA2 :D

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Thank you! I'm sure yours will be moving soon. 

I have to say this part of the process has me completely puzzled. After we were told not to call the people dealing with electronic cases, now I've seen my case go from "In Transit" to "Ready" in probably like 8 hours :huh: 

I think maybe they are slow updating the tracker too...

Congratulations!!!  I hope that the rest of the process now flies for you!  :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sallysyrup said:

RECEIVED DATE: APRIL 6 (145 days since)

NOA1 DATE: APRIL 11 (140 days since)

I don't wanna wait longer. I might quit waiting. LOL

My fiance is getting upset too. 

I couldn't even get a call back, that I know of

:-(

Do you have skype?  You can get a virtual U.S. phone number that they would be able to call you back on.  When I traveled a lot, that's what I did.  it's around 5 bucks for a year.

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Gm VJ family please i have a question am done with my I-134 Affidavit Of Support form but my income does not meet the required amount.

So my my Question is Can a permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) Support me and what Form do the person have to fill out and what supporting Documents does the person have to add to the Form..Thanks In Advance..

Edited by Solospro

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

OMG! I was just randomly checking the ceac tracker, since it changed to In Transit just last night, and it says it's READY :o

Going to send them an email right away, since otherwise it takes them a week to send the package 3 by email... And that's too much for a VIP like me (Very Impatient Person :P)

:jest:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. It seems that I couldn't catch up with your timeline just this morning when I was trying to read (was just trying because was busy finalizing things for my resignation) your status was in transit and now it's ready. Nvc really works fast and I bet even you are amazed. Good luck on your next step. 1 more step definitely closer to Gary:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Solospro said:

Gm VJ family please i have a question am done with my I-134 Affidavit Of Support form but my income does not meet the required amount.

So my my Question is Can a permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) Support me and what Form do the person have to fill out and what supporting Documents does the person have to add to the Form..Thanks In Advance..

If you can't support your fiance on your own using both income and savings, then you will need a cosponsor. As for whether or not a green card holder can be a co-sponsor, I am unsure. I would think that it needs to be a USC, but I do not know definitively. Does anyone else know? You could also try posting this in the K1 portal (if you haven't already done so, more people will see it this way and you'll likely get more advice) for more information, as all K1s need an I-134.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well, called and got to a Tier 2 today, and it's still pending. He wasn't as helpful as the last 2 guys, and he gave me the same old, "They're still working on cases from February 1" spiel, which we all know is complete bull. There may very well be cases from then, but they're working on cases well into April now. Looks like I'm going to get further delayed now because I highly doubt anyone will get to it before the holiday weekend. :protest::ranting:

USCIS Received: April 10

NOA1: April 13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.