8,297 posts in this topic

Just now, Jb1 said:

How do you know someone was assigned to your case? 

You can call USCIS and speak to someone who can see more information than you can.

You would have to first call and speak to a Tier 1 employee, then specifically ask to be called back by a Tier 2. Tier 2 can then see if your case is assigned, approved or if a RFE has been ordered.

It seems to really depend on who you get through to as to whether you actually are given this information though.

I have never actually called, so maybe others on here are better qualified to answer that question ^_^

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 minutes ago, bobinna13 said:

So I have a question.  A friend of mine called an attorney after a talk we had the other day and the attorney told her with a 15 year age gap and me having children that our chances of getting a K-1 visa are slim to none.  That we should get married and go that route.   So lay it on me...how much truth is there to that?

If it is a genuine loving relationship, it is worth the try no matter what people say.   

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, bobinna13 said:

So I have a question.  A friend of mine called an attorney after a talk we had the other day and the attorney told her with a 15 year age gap and me having children that our chances of getting a K-1 visa are slim to none.  That we should get married and go that route.   So lay it on me...how much truth is there to that?

Not impossible, but your embassy requires A LOT of proof.

Do your due diligence, read a lot of forums here and use the search box on the top right of your screen.  Type Morocco K! Age

You can continue to fine tune the results.

Since you are already on the K1 path, continue on, just expect there to be some AP, a lot of evidence requested, and gather a lot of bonafide material for the interview.

Timeline
10 hours ago, oatlidorison said:

My recieved date is April 24. Fingers crossed.. almost there 🤞☺️

Congrats to everyone who got their NOA2! 🎉

Hopefully soon :)!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
37 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Since the uscis site was taken down (decidedly an inconvenience to us filers) I couldn't imagine having made this journey without peer review and support that is found here in this site.  The information here is 'Averages' and cannot be taken for factual, - case in point, my timeline started with my NOA2 expected at 8 June and continued to slide longer and longer until it stopped moving, then I was approved 3 weeks after it's latest prediction.  You could look at others around you, and hope that you are close to approval.  A case 7 above me was approved 21 June.  On 26 July a case 6 below me was RFEd.  Still I waited.  I'm one of the lucky ones.  At uscis, you have a 50 50 shot at a 4 month approval and you have a 50 50 shot at a 8 month approval.  10 months ago, it was less.  In another 10 months, we can see even longer waiting times. (probably will).

So if in terms of legitimate dead on accuracy....... Nope.  You can merely make an educated guess of the user submitted data - average out what you sense as being applicable to you, and hope your case hasn't gone into backlog where only overtime will get it worked.

You do have one thing going for you, and that is time.  Time is actually on your side.  The longer you wait, the greater your chance improves for that Golden Letter.

Everyone here feels what you feel.  We all have had days of despair, wondering, even anger (yep, me too)

So, without VJ, you would be wondering 'What and Who' and with VJ, you have some really great people in here to vent, rejoice with, and help console when they are down too.

Hang in there, just Continue on.  You'll get there and we'll be there to congratulate you when you make it.

Very nicely said... :)

Timeline
10 hours ago, JimInUS said:

Okay, well Informed Delivery tells me I have the RFE coming this afternoon. I have no clue what extra info they might want. We had an agency in the Philippines review our application and make sure we had everything, but apparently we missed something. But we had stacks and stacks of evidence so maybe we just missed filling out a line in one of the forms. I hope....

Anyway, my timeline is:

Application Received by USCIS: March 30

NOA1 Date: April 19

RFE Sent: August 18

RFE Received: August 25

I'm hoping it's something quick that I can complete and run over to FedEx this afternoon or tomorrow. 

By the way, it's my fiance's birthday next week, so we're praying the NOA2 is her birthday present.

Hope you will receive the NOA2 soon. Good luck!! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I have no news to report as expected, but I'm hoping that some of you received NOA2.  It's not easy to know how far USCIS made it with their processing since not everyone is updating their timelines. :/ 

I hope to celebrate the good news for those of you that received notices. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, bobinna13 said:

USCIS does not care about this.  It you have all the correct documents and proof of relationship, and you meet the requirements, they will approve it.

Your relationship will be scrutinized at the embassy interview.

Since you have not completed your profile, don't know what country/Embassy you will interview.  

I would go to the forum for the country/embassy you interview and ask the question there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, Noemi27 said:

I want to call uscis but im scared ! I just want all this to be over so we can live together! 

Since we have the same NOA1 date, I hope that you don't mind if I follow you so that I can see when there's an update on your timeline. You can do the same for me, it will be nice to know if we are closer to receiving NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

I've been wondering this as well.  Perhaps @twoDs has a good answer as he is the resident statistician since Trilobyte had the job in February.

I don't know if those left on the cutting room floor has anything to do with origin, with the exception of CARRRP countries (that's a nasty animal that I won't go into).  But is it country specific or just dumb luck?

I need to re-run the stats, but it's pretty clear that the Dominican Republic is most hated, and I think Columbia is number 2. Given that the applications get spread across dates, and there's just an obvious deviation in NOA2 issuance, I don't think it's an accident. While there are named high-fraud countries, I'm pretty sure there's a secondary list that also gets scrutiny.

I'll grab this week's updates and run the numbers in just a bit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, bobinna13 said:

Age gap doesn't mean much. Proof and ability to provide financial support means everything. There's a 23 year gap with us, and her country (Canada) isn't known for that being a cultural norm.

I will say if the sponsor's income isn't well above the 125% threshold, kids might be an issue. If they are, it's a non-issue.

K3 visas normally take longer to process, but for what it's worth, that's one route that was suggested to us. We didn't agree with it for a number of reasons.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So my impatience got the better of me today and I got my fiancé to call to try and get an update on our NOA2. 2 hours later, we had a tier 2 call back and tell us they are working on February 1st cases same as we have been told every other time. Matt now refuses to call again and says we need to just wait! Haha :) serves me right for having zero patience! 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.