8,297 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, A_F said:

I second that if you feel ok to leave your last few numbers on the page. Mine are ...83542

I'm happy to give my full number haha, since leaving your last few digits along with received dates gives everyone that info anyway.... plus everyone can see my case using the tracker. 

Its WAC1790283323. It's one of the very first with 4/10 received date. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, sunj said:

Thanks @A_F for the help, I've ensured that the employment letter written has clearly stated the 3 points and supplied on letter headed paper with a wet signature. 

But you're correct she/I have copies of the tax returns for the years we filed in Hong Kong along with a final tax clearance document showing we owed no further money to the HK Government before we departed.

Hopefully all of that will convince them.

Thanks for the advice, appreciated.

Awesome! Best of luck! And thanks for confirming that. Hopefully this will help anyone else who might be in a similar situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

It does suck.  Clearly this process is a very trying one for any couple.  The sheer 'Not Knowing' is what is the hardest.  This process is however, inevitable.  You WILL receive your answer.  Just waiting produces it.  This is the nicest part of it, we already did what we have to do and it inevitably will come.  As for me, I watched a case mailed one day after mine, NOA1 one day after mine, and get NOA2 6/23 while I watched and watched for no mail.  One saturday, that case got their visa in hand, and I was still without NOA2 and I thought "Is this hopeless?"  I booked a trip, told my neighbor to get my mail and flew out of here for a week to go help family 1300 miles away.  When I least expected it, one week after the other case got their visa delivered - my neighbor called me with news I had my NOA2 - when I least expected it.

My case was with 6 others that I am sure was backlogged.  I could see actions on all the other cases before and after my case and for 2 months these 6 cases just sat.  Who knows what or why, but eventually, they will get to it.  Yesterday I congratulated a 12/28 NOA1 for receiving their NOA2 ON 8/24 with No RFE's.  She really had a tough row to hoe.  Let's pray no one here gets left behind so far.

My moral of this story is to hang tough, support others, cheer them on when they have an accomplishment, and to console them when they have a setback.  By keeping busy on others in this thread, it really does help pass the time of this horrible wait, and you are making some great friends so that when you AOS, you got some really cool people that you already know to DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN :D 

I guess some of you here really feel/felt the same way I do now. Maybe I'm just not very good at waiting, and I think that's a no-good trait. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind yet very true words. I'm hoping I we could have our NOA2 soon. I'm happy that I'm with my fiance now and we'll be waiting for it to get here. Thanks again for taking your time to type in. Somehow I felt better. I hope you good luck along the way ☺☺☺

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, S*UK said:

I'm happy to give my full number haha, since leaving your last few digits along with received dates gives everyone that info anyway.... plus everyone can see my case using the tracker. 

Its WAC1790283323. It's one of the very first with 4/10 received date. 

That's true. I was kind of wondering about that. Just following the crowd :) Thanks! Looks like my number isn't too far behind yours. Fingers crossed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

It kinda (excuse my word) sucks now. Don't get me wrong, I feel very happy for everyone who already have their NOA2. Especially those who has the same NOA1 date and timelines as I have. I know the generic things I should tell myself now like; it'll come through, it's just around the corner, it's on its way to the mailbox. And it gets even more frustrating that I feel like our lives are on hold and I can't even plan anything for our wedding, I don't know when to gather the documents and whatnots. It's sad to think about. I didn't know this could be very depressing. My fiance used to be calm and chill about this but now he's starting to worry about it...which makes me more sad. Urgh. sorry. Another rant. It's bit of an off day because a new typhoon just struck philippines so.

I think they "play'' with us or testing us to see if we have patience lol ..I am in the same situation as like you ..I feel bad but we never know ..the NOA2 it might be closer for us ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Thank you! 

Of course! My full WAC number is WAC1790283323 ... one of the very first with 4/10 received date. I know the feeling and all I can say is hold on in there and it WILL come when you least expect it to. Hope that's very soon x

Thanks for sharing that! What's interesting is that your case is still showing as 'Case was Received' on the Case Tracker app. I don't know whether to be excited about that or frustrated, as I must refresh it 7845200 times a day :lol:!

Have you managed to have a look at the embassy site to see what the current waiting time for an interview is at all? I bet you're so excited now!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

HEH HEH HEH, Thot u was out of them things already today :rofl:

I thought that too :P

But I'm a persistent (elegant word for stubborn) girl and keep trying, just I'm case :whistle:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Keith & Monica said:

DAY 145 :( (Day 151 since Received Date)

As most of you know, I have sent back the RFE to USCIS on Saturday, they have acknowledged receiving it on Tuesday.  Now I am back in the waiting for the NOA2 again.  I really want to get it as soon as possible.  

I am very happy for all that have received theirs.  @S*UK, that was awesome, your like call them and he's like already got it.  LOL. B-)

One Day More... One Day Less... One Day Closer... :jest:

I feel pretty confident you'll be doing your happy dance in a matter of days.

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone I am new here and I have some doubts on how to answer the rfe.Do I need to make a cover?We got the rfe because my fiance forgot to put my address in Brazil and also the address where I will live in USA.Can we fill in the same paper they sent  explaining to me s what they need?Or we need to print a new form?I also want to say congratulations to everyone who got noa 2 I am very happyy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

I thought that too :P

But I'm a persistent (elegant word for stubborn) girl and keep trying, just I'm case :whistle:

HAH   I keep trying, it tells me

I TOLD YOU - YOU ARE OUT OF REPUTATION

22 minutes ago, Steve and Joy said:

How does NVC notify you once they receive file from USCIS?

silently

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Called NVC and they gave us our case # :D

They actually created the case yesterday, according to what I can infer from the case number (day 236 of the year = August 24th).

Of course, the case is still 'AT NVC', but glad I don't have to keep bothering Gary to call them. Now the ball will be soon completely on my court :)

@tcovington I know you wanted to know this. Hope you have luck today too.

I'm calling now!

Met at University in Scotland - August 2013

Tiae left Scotland - October 2014

Jonathan visited Tiae in the States - August 2015, August 2016, April 2017

Jonathan proposed - February 2016

Filed I-129f - March 2017

NOA1 - April 3, 2017

NOA2 - August 10, 2017

NVC Rec'd - August 28, 2017

NVC # rec'd - August 29, 2017

Left NVC - August 31, 2017

Consulate Rec'd - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Received - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Response - September 5, 2017

Medical Appt - September 15, 2017

Interview - September 25, 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.