8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Noemi27 said:

Lets hope for the best! My timeline says it can between Agust 31st to spetember 4! I was hopping for him to be here by the end of october ! I check mh email like every 5 min! When i come from work the first thing ask my mom is for the mail! 

Supposedly, we are less likely to receive email and text notifications. :/ We are forced to hope for a surprise in our mailbox. I think my timeline said between September 2-7, but its changed at least 3 times!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
28 minutes ago, BlueCinderella said:

Supposedly, we are less likely to receive email and text notifications. :/ We are forced to hope for a surprise in our mailbox. I think my timeline said between September 2-7, but its changed at least 3 times!

I want to call uscis but im scared ! I just want all this to be over so we can live together! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Noemi27 said:

I want to call uscis but im scared ! I just want all this to be over so we can live together! 

Definitely give it a try tomorrow and don't be scared to ask to speak to a Tier 2 Officer or else you'll hear the same old "We're processing cases from February" spiel. Make sure to mention you think the tracker is broken and that you know others who have received their NOA2s in the mail without updates. Make sure you're very clear in your request to speak to a Tier 2. You really need to insist or they might not transfer you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Noemi27 said:

I think we will have news within 2 weeks if we are lucky. Somehow the time just needs to go by faster! I'm scared too because they have the power to decide if they process us on time or not. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, KeriAn said:

So still no mail... 2 more days n a half full head of hair remaining this week:girlwerewolf2xn:. It sucks seeing ppl with my exact timeline (vj/fb) getting theirs and im still on the sideline. Even when someone 5 numbers infront of you gets it and people after (No hate btw). It's just becoming reaaaaaaallly frustrating. Even preparing everything for when it comes isnt distracting enough because there is this thought at the back of my mind that I can be one of those "Take extra time for no good reason"  cases. 

*Woosah* 

Exactly what I feel. Same noa1 date too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Annie0913 said:

"Rather be safe than sorry" right? Haha yeah that definitely applies to this journey we're all in. Wow 8 inch, how will you be sorting it all if you don't mind me asking. I'm not sure how I would sort all the documents. Should I put it all in one folder. Do I staple it or paper clip. Lol maybe I'm just over thinking but I'm just wondering how others will present their documents. 

Putting mine in three folders.  Don't think it matters if you staple or paper clip.

1. Copy of original I-129F package
  2. I-134 and supporting documents: 2016 Tax return and W-2's, Employment letter, Bank letter (one year history), pay stubs for last 6 months
  3. Proof of ongoing relationship: records from visits since sending I-129F, Viber chat records, copy of emails

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Noemi27 said:

Why are you scared?  Just call, ask for status, and be nice but firm.  

Timeline

Hi. I'm the petitioner and I am currently in the philippines with my fiance. I keep calling the uscis and of course all I get is the voice options. Maybe because I'm calling at the wrong time? We obviously have different timezones. I was thinking of getting someone else to call uscis for me in the u.s. for example, my sister lives in texas, and we'll be living in the same address. Do any of you think that will work? Thanks so much.

Timeline

It is frustrating to see the adjudication date keeps on changing. For the last 2 weeks, adjudication date was Aug 31 to Sept 4. Now, it's moved to Sept 4-7.  Why does it keeps on changing? Does anyone had this experience? :mellow::mellow:

Edited by Janice_n_Joe
Incorrect word

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Janice_n_Joe said:

It is frustrating to see the adjudication date keeps on changing. For the last 2 weeks, adjudication date was Aug 31 to Sept 4. Now, it's moved to Sept 4-7.  Why does it keeps on changing? Does anyone had this experience? :mellow::mellow:

I had the same experience. Last month, our estimates were between August 2, 2017 and August 9, 2017. Now it already moved between August 24, 2017 and August 28, 2017. Funny. But we cannot rely on this estimates 100% as not all visa filers are members of VisaJourney.

I just wish NOA2 comes round soon.

**CSC Stage**
April 14, 2017 - Date sent
April 19, 2017 - Date received
June 01, 2017 - Requested USCIS to resend the NOA1 (missing NOA1)
June 11, 2017 - NOA1 hard copy received
Sept 20, 2017 - Case approved (case tracker and email notification)

Waiting for NOA2 hard copy...

**NVC/Embassy Stage**

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all. Just wondering if I write my intent to marry & sign it am I okay to scan it and email it to be printed? Or is it best not to be scanned etc? Just thinking of quicker ways 

Day 137... quickly approaching the 150 day mark. I think I managed to persuade my OH that's it's worth calling today to find out if anything has been mailed yet. Any tips on the best way to get as much info as possible would be greatly appreciated. We don't even know how to get through to a live person lol so this should be interesting. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
25 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

Hey all. Just wondering if I write my intent to marry & sign it am I okay to scan it and email it to be printed? Or is it best not to be scanned etc? Just thinking of quicker ways 

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now. Didn't you send the letters of intent to marry with the original package? Because if so, the updated ones are supposed to be taken to the interview. Not that every Embassy requires them (I've never seen mine doing so), but one of those better safe than sorry situations.

According to this, not originals are required anymore.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/news/ink-signature-no-longer-required-on-affidavits-of-support.html

Also what happened with the missing birth certificate? Didn't they ask for that?

Lol, your RFE has me confused :blink:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sallysyrup said:

Hi. I'm the petitioner and I am currently in the philippines with my fiance. I keep calling the uscis and of course all I get is the voice options. Maybe because I'm calling at the wrong time? We obviously have different timezones. I was thinking of getting someone else to call uscis for me in the u.s. for example, my sister lives in texas, and we'll be living in the same address. Do any of you think that will work? Thanks so much.

I'm pretty sure that they will only speak to the petitioner :)

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
12 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Day 137... quickly approaching the 150 day mark. I think I managed to persuade my OH that's it's worth calling today to find out if anything has been mailed yet. Any tips on the best way to get as much info as possible would be greatly appreciated. We don't even know how to get through to a live person lol so this should be interesting. 

We never called USCIS, but maybe this can be useful? 

Also I know @AnJ Co has good tips to get to talk with a tier 2 officer, so maybe PM him :)

Best of luck! Keeps us posted (I know you will ;)).

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.