8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, lon552 said:

@Zzyzx One of my favorite road signs. ever. On the Baker grade between Vegas and Barstow. Great choice of names! 

Agreed!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, tanderson64 said:

Or it could be that there were a "flood" of visa's submitted over the last 6 months?

Nailed it  :thumbs:

Actually, the flood commenced in 2015 and has risen since.

This policy of prioritizing 'Cash Cow' type visas began years ago, and anything that has big bucks attached to it gets the priority.  Personally, $535 bucks is a cash cow to me, but pales in comparison to the other visa types.  

This current situation was in place during the last administration, and will be under the next.  Frankly, we are too few in numbers (129f's) compared to the many many other petitions...... We are just a very small portion of their entire workflow.  While I don't agree with their policy, it's just how it is.

Timeline
7 hours ago, ColdSummer said:

We got our NOA1 on 13th april and still no answer..waiting impatiently. My fiance called the USCIS already but he couldn't find much. Now we want to try out the USCIS app, can anyone tell me please which one is legit?

We have the same NOA1 date!  The two apps I use are the USCIS and CASE TRACKER.  I don't think either is officially an extension of USCIS.  I looked at the developer profile and they same to be made my independent developers.  In any case, the case tracker app is a good one because you can follow a few cases around your NOA1 date (using establiz's April i129 list posted last week-- thank you dear!), and with those cases you can run a search for all the i129's you're following to see whether those are progressing.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Melodica256 said:

Me (beneficiary - UK) fiance (petitioner - California, USA) - NOA1 on April 15th. Called to check on NOA2 - they are currently only working on Feb 1st. Really disheartened. Any others dealing with CA center? 

NOA 1 on April 13, also UK

... waiting ... waiting .... 

Still waiting ... 😕

Edited by MJI

Timeline
8 hours ago, Michellejune said:

Hi, I've just received my noa2 dated Aug 18th with a noa1 of April 15th. I'm English, he's American. Has anyone from England recently finished their application? Or does anyone know how long it takes from noa2 to having the visa in my hand in the uk? 

Thank you 

Congratulations!

Timeline

A question for everyone out there... I applied for a K-1 and two K-2's.  Anyone in the same boat?  I'm wondering if ours would take longer just because I love and want him AND his family?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
58 minutes ago, BlueCinderella said:

It's nice to know that I have company! Well, we are in the same boat I think. Our president doesn't like Mexico or France but I hope it doesn't delay the process. We can only hope that we are not being judged based on the countries our fiances are from at least at this stage. We have already begun talking about Christmas because we figure that it will be resolved by then (at least we are hopeful). I'm hoping for him to be here for Thanksgiving, but we have no way of knowing. In my fiance's case, he has to give 1 month of notice before quitting his job. So, we would like to know what is going on ASAP. 

Lets hope for the best! My timeline says it can between Agust 31st to spetember 4! I was hopping for him to be here by the end of october ! I check mh email like every 5 min! When i come from work the first thing ask my mom is for the mail! 

11 minutes ago, MJI said:

A question for everyone out there... I applied for a K-1 and two K-2's.  Anyone in the same boat?  I'm wondering if ours would take longer just because I love and want him AND his family?  

I Am. But nope, wouldnt take longer. They go hand in hand...well unless the k2 is travelling after the beneficiary. 

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, tanderson64 said:

This is embassy specific.  The Embassy in Moscow requires bank statement.

That is true. For what I saw on the US Embassy website, Cambodia doesn't ask for bank statements, but only tax transcripts are listed as mandatory, but I stand corrected. Thank you. :)

@Annie0913, maybe better to double check, just in case...

Edited by Estibaliz

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chris2870 said:

I'm getting an RFE probably for the same thing. But I did submit both profiles as proof we were members when we met even though we never spoke on the site. I just forgot the terms of service 

I sweated a lot after I filed.  We met on a site and I didn't include TOS.  However in my cover letter, I told how we met - very detailed - and apparently it was satisfactory, No RFE

So not every case has to have TOS, I presume if they find their 'key words' in your attachments (like a cover letter) it's all good.

As far as the OP, she had a great story and I'd just type that in a cover letter for the RFE, print TOS and mail it.

So still no mail... 2 more days n a half full head of hair remaining this week:girlwerewolf2xn:. It sucks seeing ppl with my exact timeline (vj/fb) getting theirs and im still on the sideline. Even when someone 5 numbers infront of you gets it and people after (No hate btw). It's just becoming reaaaaaaallly frustrating. Even preparing everything for when it comes isnt distracting enough because there is this thought at the back of my mind that I can be one of those "Take extra time for no good reason"  cases. 

*Woosah* 

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

That is true. For what I saw on the US Embassy website, Cambodia doesn't ask for bank statements, but only tax transcripts are listed as mandatory, but I stand corrected. Thank you. :)

Okie or maybe I'll just go grab it anyway just to be on the safe side.. thank you guys😙

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Sorry. I wasn't trying to correct anything.  Just reminding people they should always check the specific embassy web site for documents required.

But you checked the embassy web site, so thanks for the awesome follow up!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Annie0913 said:

Okie or maybe I'll just go grab it anyway just to be on the safe side.. thank you guys😙

That's my philosophy - I'd rather have it and not need it...

I will be at the interview with my fiance with an 8 inch stack of documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, tanderson64 said:

That's my philosophy - I'd rather have it and not need it...

I will be at the interview with my fiance with an 8 inch stack of documents.

"Rather be safe than sorry" right? Haha yeah that definitely applies to this journey we're all in. Wow 8 inch, how will you be sorting it all if you don't mind me asking. I'm not sure how I would sort all the documents. Should I put it all in one folder. Do I staple it or paper clip. Lol maybe I'm just over thinking but I'm just wondering how others will present their documents. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.