8,297 posts in this topic

Well  I know im NOT getting an RFE for sure...so atleast im good in that corner:mellow:

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, BlueCinderella said:

Can someone tell me if the USCIS will update the case status online and text when they send out the NOA 2? 

It is "hit and miss".  A few, like me, get all the notifications - email, text and USCIS app notification.  It seems that most just get NOA2 in the mail.

4 hours ago, Jeff and Alina said:

I must have missed something so I have a lame question regarding calling the NVC, I have been calling the number 603.334.0888 for non-immigrant visas? Should I be calling the immigrant visa number of 603.334.0700? Thank you!

Immigrant visa (IV)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

For those immigrating from Russia, I hope this doesn't affect you.  My prayers for a quick approval and visa.

Moscow Visa's

Thank you.  Yes all the Russian VJ'ers are following this story.  And like me, we all found out from our fiances who were a day ahead - not a good message to wake up too!.

Fortunately it looks like it only affects nonimmigrant visas.  K1 is considered an immigrant visa (IV) for embassy, although is says nonimmigrant visa (NIV).  So I guess you can call it a pseudo-visa (PV).

They have canceled all NIV interviews at the consulates.  But it appears that IV's are proceeding normal as of now.  I know of a couple that has an interview this Friday, and it has not been canceled.

Fingers crossed it does not cause much more delay for all of us.  I am waiting for NVC case number and then embassy ready to schedule interview.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Chris2870 said:

I believe this freeze affects Non-Immigrant visas only. K1 is family based immigrant visa

Yes, thanks for the back up.  My fiance was upset when she first read this.  But I assured her everything will be good, and nothing is as bad as waiting for petition approval!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, TamaraN said:

Are you sure? According to everything I've seen, k-1 is nonimmigrant. 

yes, K1 is immigrant visa.

Look at the US travel docs site, under immigrant visas and you will see K1/K2 listed.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/index.html?firstTime=No

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
46 minutes ago, tanderson64 said:

Thank you.  Yes all the Russian VJ'ers are following this story.  And like me, we all found out from our fiances who were a day ahead - not a good message to wake up too!.

Fortunately it looks like it only affects nonimmigrant visas.  K1 is considered an immigrant visa (IV) for embassy, although is says nonimmigrant visa (NIV).  So I guess you can call it a pseudo-visa (PV).

They have canceled all NIV interviews at the consulates.  But it appears that IV's are proceeding normal as of now.  I know of a couple that has an interview this Friday, and it has not been canceled.

Fingers crossed it does not cause much more delay for all of us.  I am waiting for NVC case number and then embassy ready to schedule interview.

That's awesome news I'm so happy that this won't affect anybody that is coming to get married. This process has enough red tape as it is. Don't need anymore.

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

6 hours ago, asaeljethro said:

Scheduled an interview for my fiance at the US Embassy in Manila on Sept 12! :)

Medical will be Sept 5&6

earlier than expected :D i thought sept. 26 was the earliest vacant slot as you mentioned last. did you wait your case as " READY" before scheduling for an interview or not?

5 hours ago, BlueCinderella said:

Can someone tell me if the USCIS will update the case status online and text when they send out the NOA 2? 

mostly no based on who post here that got approved they got it thru mail. but in our case i received all notifacation from apps, uscis website and even got an email.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am a April filer and received the NOA1 on May/ 02/2017. The last update was on

05/03/2017 since then it didn't update, me and my fiancé we are both so worry and depressed, I don't know how long it going to take for NOA2. :(

Wish good luck for others.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Going into Day 142. Still waiting. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get an update. Trying to stay positive but feeling depressed. But any who, Congrats again on everyone's progress!!! :) Hoping for better news tomorrow!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, KeriAn said:

congrats!!! @shawndee as well!! My same exacr dates too @JeniandMatt Aaaah. good news after a horrible day. My number ends in 98:jest:

Thank you. I hope you get your approval soon and be one step closer to your loved ones.

Our K-1 Journey:

11/27/2016 - Engaged 
04/8/2017 - I-129F Packet sent 
04/11/2017 - I-129F Packet delivered and signed for
04/17/2017 - Received NOA1 via text and email - sent to CSC 
04/21/2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy w/notice date of Apr. 15, 2017
08/17/2017 - USCIS Printed NOA2 hardcopy
08/21/2017 - Received NOA2 in the mail 
08/28/2017 - NVC Received & Assigned case/ID number (had to call)
08/30/2017 - Download Packet 3/4 via Embassy Website
09/07/2017 - PCC Completed & Received
09/07/2017 - Medical Exam Completed
09/21/2017 - Pickup Medical Packet
09/27/2017 - Case left NVC 'In Transit' 
09/28/2017 - Case delivered to Embassy 'Ready'
10/17/2017 - Interview - APPROVED :jest:
10/23/2017 - Visa Status 'Issued'
10/25/2017 - Visa In Hand
11/08/2017 - POE (Houston, TX) - Huge Hugs and Kisses
11/14/2017 - Marriage - Our Wedding Date

Our AOS, EAD, AP Journey:

01/13/2018 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

01/16/2018 - FEDEX delivered to Chicago Lockbox

01/16/2018 - Receive Date for AOS/EAD/AP

01/19/2018 - Notice Date for AOS/EAD/AP

01/22/2018 - Text/Email Notification  for AOS/EAD/AP

01/29/2018  - Received NOA1s in the mail - for AOS/EAD/AP

02/05/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail

02/16/2018 - Biometrics Appointment

04/28/2018 - Received letter for Interview

05/10/2018 - AOS Interview/Approved :jest:/Passport Stamped (I-551)

05/21/2018 - Green Card Received in the mail

Our LOC Journey:

04/07/2020 - I-751 Packet sent

04/08/2020 - I-751 Packet delivered and signed for

05/04/2020 - I-751 Returned for wrong payment amount

05/06/2020 - I-751 Packet sent again with correct amount

05/07/2020 - I-751 Packet received

5 hours ago, Chris2870 said:

I'm hardly seeing approvals for Philippine fiancé visas..I'm wondering if this has something to do with Marawi incidents..

i'm from philippines who got caught up from the app crazinnes last week got all notifications from apps, uscis website and got an email before receiving the hard copy.

2 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

The heavens have indeed heard you. Matt called USCIS earlier at 3:30pm for the first time she talked to a nice costumer service and said he would like to inquire about our case and ask that he may be transferred to a tier 2 officer. She then got our details and Matts fone number and said he will receive a call back in 75 minutes. I was telling Matt maybe they will not call since it's already almost their time to go off work but then the he received a call from the tier 2 and said our case was approved today:jest:.when he called me I just couldn't believe it. But thanks God we finally got our Noa2. For all those who are still waiting just hang on there yours is coming soon.

congrats ! 

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ajfaizad said:

Hello everyone!

I am a April filer and received the NOA1 on May/ 02/2017. The last update was on

05/03/2017 since then it didn't update, me and my fiancé we are both so worry and depressed, I don't know how long it going to take for NOA2. :(

Wish good luck for others.  

We are in a similar situation we received our NOA1 on April 26, 2017. We are waiting and there's no update. We both have been feeling depressed. It seems like the closer we are getting the more difficult it becomes to be patient. It's especially difficult that we see the estimated dates change so many times. If we had known it would be this long we would have visited each other 2 months ago since we haven't seen each other since February. We are doing our best to stay positive and focus on working,  planning activities for our honeymoon, and I'm working on my garden and changes around my house to prepare for my fiance. If I sit around thinking about this process I will feel hopeless, but I've had my moments.  :/ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.