8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

@JeniandMatt wow! Winx party...how cute!! I wish Chris and I to have babies too real soon..

Oh I bet you will have beautiful babies soon 😉😊 and you will have those planning for parties too

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

Thank you Chris 😊 so youll be sending the 1040 or the income tax  return too basically as what is Matt is sending me. Just want to make sure we have everything before he sends the 😉

I'll send that stuff plus

1) copy of 129f

2) copy my BC both sides( for CFO)

3) copy of biometrics page if my passport (CFO)

4) new letter of intent to marry

5) Western Union remittances for house purchases

6) proof of ongoing relationship ( FaceTime call records, emails and copies of messanger chats

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, rachied26 said:

Hey Can I ask you when you received your noa2? Congrats btw!!! 

Omo, sorry, I think it's a misunderstanding, I just realized I sounded like I got our noa 2 when it's not yet.. haha.. How I wish.. I was too excited and feeling positive for it to come, I guess. We're still waiting for our noa2 so we're still together in this waiting game. Today is our day 135 from received) and day 132 from noa1 date.. Anyway, I will let you know when we got our noa 2 already.., hope for yours and everyone around here for there noa 2 to come soon..

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Cool!  Something else to look forward to.  :))  We stupidly purchased Tommy Emmanuel concert tickets for November 11 at a small venue near my home, thinking that we would be together here by then but... you never know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Still no update yet.😢 Missing my honeybear today. No informed delivery today or yesterday. Called uscis to check on my escalation, it's still pending.  I made sure to get a neon green folder so they would be drawn to it too....even if it's 3inches.. I  want this part to hurry up. I so happy for everyone who has gotten their approvals. I hope ours will come this week or today or tomorrow. Forcing myself to go to work even though I need a good cry and ice cream. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris2870 said:

I'll send that stuff plus

1) copy of 129f

2) copy my BC both sides( for CFO)

3) copy of biometrics page if my passport (CFO)

4) new letter of intent to marry

5) Western Union remittances for house purchases

6) proof of ongoing relationship ( FaceTime call records, emails and copies of messanger chats

Youre gonna be sending copy of the chat logs too? That is actually what I am gonna be doing next.. doing collage of the chat and call logs of us and his mom and the photo book 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

So to be proactive I emailed the Johannesburg consulate yesterday advising them of the NOA2 and waiting on the NVC number so they could help expedite the visa. I was thinking, maybe they will reply in a week. They replied this morning and asked for the NVC number to expedite . . .I hope I get that number this week! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Had a little question for you guys that is starting to FREAK me out.

My fiancee and I are relatively young (both 22yrs old) and I do NOT have the finances to fill out an Affidavit Of Support by myself. 

Its possible for me to have my parents fill it out right? 

I have a full time job in the USA but have not had it long enough to accumulate the required amount of money.

Thanks for your help!!!

UPDATE:

The USCIS website says this: If your relative is either a “K-1” fiancé(e), a “K-3” spouse, or a “K-2” or “K-4” child of fiancé(e) or spouse, you do not need to submit an affidavit of support at the time you file your Form I-129F petition. Instead, you should submit an affidavit of support at the time that your fiancé(e), spouse, or child adjusts status to permanent resident after coming to the United States."

So I do not need the Affidavit until after the interview?

Edited by cdagevil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, mcs said:

Cool!  Something else to look forward to.  :))  We stupidly purchased Tommy Emmanuel concert tickets for November 11 at a small venue near my home, thinking that we would be together here by then but... you never know.

Yeah, that's in three months :unsure: Seems a bit tight, but you never know, it might happen. And if not, next time, because there will be a lot of next times :)

6 minutes ago, Jeff and Alina said:

So to be proactive I emailed the Johannesburg consulate yesterday advising them of the NOA2 and waiting on the NVC number so they could help expedite the visa. I was thinking, maybe they will reply in a week. They replied this morning and asked for the NVC number to expedite . . .I hope I get that number this week! 

It seems a bit early for the NVC number, but maybe you get lucky with them working quite fast lately. I hope so!

We are planning to call on Monday, just to give it a try and see how that goes :)

Good luck!

6 minutes ago, cdagevil said:

My fiancee and I are relatively young (both 22yrs old) and I do NOT have the finances to fill out an Affidavit Of Support by myself. 

I have a full time job in the USA but have not had it long enough to accumulate the required amount of money.

Thanks for your help!!!

Of course you can have a cosponsor, being that your dad for example. I'm not very informed about how that works, but you both need to fill the i134 and your dad would have to count you two as members of the household to see what's the minimum income required as per the Poverty Guidelines.

Anyway, I wonder if you could use your recent paystubs and a letter of employment with your annual income too, since your current situation is what they care more about...

Hopefully someone can offer good advice on this, and you can also search the forums for more info :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
19 minutes ago, cdagevil said:

Thanks for your help!!!

UPDATE:

The USCIS website says this: If your relative is either a “K-1” fiancé(e), a “K-3” spouse, or a “K-2” or “K-4” child of fiancé(e) or spouse, you do not need to submit an affidavit of support at the time you file your Form I-129F petition. Instead, you should submit an affidavit of support at the time that your fiancé(e), spouse, or child adjusts status to permanent resident after coming to the United States."

As Estibaliz said, you send the I-134 Affidavit of Support as part of the consulate interview. Then once your fiance is in the U.S. and you file for Adjustment of Status after your marriage you will need to file an  I-864 Affidavit of Support. 

Edited by lon552

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
30 minutes ago, cdagevil said:

Thanks for your help!!!

UPDATE:

You do need the Affidavit now for the Embassy stage. Don't know exactly when because you didn't put the country on your timeline and I'm using my phone, sorry :P

People normally need to take it with them to the interview. In Spain, however, we need it before that, to send it as part of packet 3. So check your Embassy for specific info, but as @lon552 said, you need it for the Embassy.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, cdagevil said:

Thanks for your help!!!

UPDATE:

Hi,

I am also in the same situation. I have a job and am well over the poverty line for a 2 person household; however, I am a recent college grad and my previous year tax forms do not reflect this. It is my understanding that for the I-134 they are more interested in your current situation, as theoretically you are supporting a temporary (90 days) visit, and they are looking to see if you can support that. The i864 comes into play during AOS, and yes you can have a cosponsor for the i864, but you will have to prove that they are above the poverty line for however many people are in their household. You can use this link for info on what those thresholds are: https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/income-poverty/historical-poverty-thresholds.html. Additionally, it is my understanding that for the i134 you only need to meet the poverty threshold (100%), but for the i864 you need to have 125% of it. Please note that you will need a cosponsor like I do, and hopefully your parent(s) are willing to help like my mom is. Also note that each cosponsor will need to file an i864 as well, but I think they file a different version, the i864a if my memory serves me correctly.

Link for i134: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

Link for i864: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

Link for i864a: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864a

Anyone who can confirm this or correct any misunderstandings I have would be beneficial to both @cdagevil and myself (and anyone else in need of a cosponsor). Thanks!

Edited by A_F

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, A_F said:

Hi,

I am also in the same situation. I have a job and am well over the poverty line for a 2 person household; however, I am a recent college grad and my previous year tax forms do not reflect this. It is my understanding that for the I-134 they are more interested in your current situation, as theoretically you are supporting a temporary (90 days) visit, and they are looking to see if you can support that. The i864 comes into play during AOS, and yes you can have a cosponsor for the i864, but you will have to prove that they are above the poverty line for however many people are in their household. You can use this link for info on what those thresholds are: https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/income-poverty/historical-poverty-thresholds.html. Additionally, it is my understanding that for the i134 you only need to meet the poverty threshold (100%), but for the i864 you need to have 125% of it. Please note that you will need a cosponsor like I do, and hopefully your parent(s) are willing to help like my mom is. Also note that each cosponsor will need to file an i864 as well, but I think they file a different version, the i864a if my memory serves me correctly.

Link for i134: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

Link for i864: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

Link for i864a: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864a

Anyone who can confirm this or correct any misunderstandings I have would be beneficial to both @cdagevil and myself (and anyone else in need of a cosponsor). Thanks!

The I-134 will be used for the sponsor (petitioner) as well as the co-sponsor if you have one.  It should be filled in its entirety and the supporting documents for the sponsor and co-sponsor.  For the I-134 only 100% of the poverty guideline needs to be met but many consulates like to see the 125%, so it's best to have that. 

If you don't think you'll meet the qualifications, get a co-sponsor- better safe than sorry! 

The I-864 is not used until adjustment of status (AOS).  

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Unshakable Faith said:

The I-134 will be used for the sponsor (petitioner) as well as the co-sponsor if you have one.  It should be filled in its entirety and the supporting documents for the sponsor and co-sponsor.  For the I-134 only 100% of the poverty guideline needs to be met but many consulates like to see the 125%, so it's best to have that. 

If you don't think you'll meet the qualifications, get a co-sponsor- better safe than sorry! 

The I-864 is not used until adjustment of status (AOS).  

Hi - Just to be clear, if my mom will be my cosponsor for the i864 during AOS, then I should also have her fill out an i134 for the embassy interview (better safe than sorry)? I was not aware that we could have cosponsors for that portion. Thanks for that info!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.