8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cruise77 said:

It's called putting something up on a public forum that COULD BE MISINTERPRETED.  I think we all agree it wasn't meant that way but again that's not the point.  Thanks for admitting it's a bad idea, even though no one (even me) took the idea seriously.     

Thank you for not putting words in my mouth as the other poster did and being respectful after the fact.  I apologize for calling you classless earlier.  That wasn't cool and I admit it.  in the end however we will simply disagree on this one, but I understand where you are coming from.  Whether you posted the picture or not you used it in your post and used it as a prop.  But point being again I never misinterpreted your post.  I simply stated it was a poor idea to put a suggestion like that on a message board joke or not.  And then the other poster decided to swoop in and really make a big deal out of my well thought out comment. 

That was my original post. My whole point was 1. I get its not a joke.  2. Joke or not it's not the best idea to post stuff like that.  We need to show these guys at USCIS some love for the hard work they have been putting in.  THAT WAS MY WHOLE POINT.  I wasn't offended in any way shape or form.  Not so much in the April thread, but in March there are countless knocks on USCIS and conspiracy theories with no basis ect. and it gets tiring.  Personally I wouldn't have vented and stated my frustration in the same way.  To each his own.

This was the other poster.  He CLEARLY puts words in my mouth TELLING ME there is no need to get offended when in the FIRST PLACE I WASN'T.  And then telling me this is a place where people can vent and express their feelings.  HUH?? Really??  I never said that LabOz couldn't express feelings.  I simply DISAGREED which does not equal being offended or "making a mountain out of a molehill".....sheesh.  I guess this poster MISSED the whole point about the golden rule.  *sigh*  

I admit I should have just ignored the poster as he/she misread my whole post. (Saying I was offended, making a mountain out of a molehill. *sigh*)  Point again, (and perhaps that was my fault for not being clear enough) things can get misinterpreted on a message board whether we like it or not.  That is what really irked me, not your original comment.  It irked me that I couldn't just make a well thought out comment without someone coming in and THEN MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT.  That's the last I'm going to say about this whole incident.  Hopefully we can all learn from this exchange and just be happy with our fellow thread mates who are getting their approvals.          

Hugs for everyone ✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

@Estibaliz Enhorabuena!!  I was hoping you would get approved today. :)   But going from España to Salt Lake City?  You will have a very difficult time finding Jamon Serrano, Mantecados and Polverones at Christmas time.  :jest: Not to mention they don't celebrate Reyes.  But los magos already brought your gifts early this year.  Best Wishes!   

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Called USCIS.  Got the February 1, 2017 message.  Asked to be put through to Tier 2 and I have scheduled a call back.  The recording said the wait time is 379 minutes.  I don't have a good feeling about this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I haven't logged on here for a while, so congratulations to all of you that got approved yet and good luck to those that are still waiting.

So today my soon to be father in law called my finance to tell him he got mail from uscis, of course he was getting all excited and told his dad to just email it to him so.

And it was : the exact same copy of noa 1 we got back in april😢

He called uscis and they were willing to let him talk to a tier to, but will receive a call back in! 394! Minutes... Seriously?

Anyhow I can not find anything about this topic on here. Maybe some of you read about it or are in that same situation and can help me to put my mind at rest. Any help would be appreciated. 

Good luck, you guys are awesome!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, martinzl said:

Called USCIS.  Got the February 1, 2017 message.  Asked to be put through to Tier 2 and I have scheduled a call back.  The recording said the wait time is 379 minutes.  I don't have a good feeling about this.

Ouch you called in the middle of the day it sounds like hence the long queue.  Hope you get some good news!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jasmayne said:

Hello everyone!

I haven't logged on here for a while, so congratulations to all of you that got approved yet and good luck to those that are still waiting.

So today my soon to be father in law called my finance to tell him he got mail from uscis, of course he was getting all excited and told his dad to just email it to him so.

He called uscis and they were willing to let him talk to a tier to, but will receive a call back in! 394! Minutes... Seriously?

Anyhow I can not find anything about this topic on here. Maybe some of you read about it or are in that same situation and can help me to put my mind at rest. Any help would be appreciated. 

There was actually someone who posted about this very same scenario a couple of weeks back.  Unfortunately I can't remember on what thread it was on nor what the final outcome was. Maybe someone else who saw it can enlighten us.  Or you may want to post about this in the main K-1 forum.  A lot more people will see your post there. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cruise77 said:

There was actually someone who posted about this very same scenario a couple of weeks back.  Unfortunately I can't remember on what thread it was on nor what the final outcome was. Maybe someone else who saw it can enlighten us.  Or you may want to post about this in the main K-1 forum.  A lot more people will see your post there. 

Thank you so much @Cruise77 of remember reading about it too but couldn't find it and being all emotional right now surely doesn't help mich with searching through thousands of pages... Good luck to you and thanks again

16 minutes ago, Jasmayne said:

Hello everyone!

Something similar to me happened. In my case I had submitted an inquiry and since they found nothing wrong they sent me another letter basically stating what the NOA1 had. I found it strange then I just considered it an update to an inquiry.

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Timeline
1 minute ago, KeriAn said:

Something similar to me happened. In my case I had submitted an inquiry and since they found nothing wrong they sent me another letter basically stating what the NOA1 had. I found it strange then I just considered it an update to an inquiry.

Thank you @KeriAn we never sent an inquiry, we've just been waiting patiently like everyone else. 

It's just a bummer when you think you got that golden letter only to find out it is just a copy of your noa1... And no one has answers week at least not within the next 390 minutes...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jasmayne said:

Thank you @KeriAn we never sent an inquiry, we've just been waiting patiently like everyone else. 

It's just a bummer when you think you got that golden letter only to find out it is just a copy of your noa1... And no one has answers week at least not within the next 390 minutes...

I have a theory as to why there is such a long wait time to talk to an officer, but I have no information to back this up. Maybe people called the USCIS over the weekend (When the officers do not work) and said they would wait to talk to one so they all just got backed up from the weekend? 

If it was the case then it would happen every week. Just a thought.

12 minutes ago, Jasmayne said:

Try calling early in the morning like 8:01 if they start at 8 lol.

•  CSC stage

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• Packet 3 sent: 

5 minutes ago, An&In said:

I have a theory as to why there is such a long wait time to talk to an officer, but I have no information to back this up. Maybe people called the USCIS over the weekend (When the officers do not work) and said they would wait to talk to one so they all just got backed up from the weekend? 

If it was the case then it would happen every week. Just a thought.

It's probably just a 'wait your turn' basis..thousands of us in this K1 process. Their calls probably even back up on their lunchbreak

•  CSC stage

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• Packet 3 sent: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.