8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jb1 said:

If me and my fiance sent her NBI records, birth certificate, CENOMAR and all the other stuff with our I-129F. Do we have to gather all those papers again for NVC? Or no? I'm kind of confused...

My F included my BC in the packet. But the NBI and CENOMAR are to bring during the interview.

Hope this helps.

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

04/28/2017 - NOA1 - Received hardcopy

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Timeline
3 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

Although I agree it's not uscis job to tell the petitioner, I STRONGLY DISAGREE with the sentiment they don't have the right to know. Even thought they aren't married they are planning (in the process) to get married and the petitioner is going to be responsible for fitting the medical bills.  Not to mention it's dishonest and unethical to not disclose anything to your partner that could potentially be a roadblock in the future.  A partner not trusting or open enough to share medical details is a deal breaker for me. 

If I may just share, I have read one inquiry in FB, where in she is now in the US, she was asking, if she needs to tell her husband about her having an STD prior meeting him. She did not even declare that to a form for her medical. 

Her medical already expired and she needs to have a new medical for her AOS. She was worried because her husband doesnt know about it.

What I am pointing out here? "TRUST" issue is a big factor. And it goes with "ACCEPTANCE".

Just saying.

7 minutes ago, Jb1 said:

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

Beneficiary.

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

2 minutes ago, etteniMTtocs said:

If I may just share, I have read one inquiry in FB, where in she is now in the US, she was asking, if she needs to tell her husband about her having an STD prior meeting him. She did not even declare that to a form for her medical. 

Her medical already expired and she needs to have a new medical for her AOS. She was worried because her husband doesnt know about it.

What I am pointing out here? "TRUST" issue is a big factor. And it goes with "ACCEPTANCE".

Just saying.

Beneficiary.

Not sure how this conversation ended up on here haha..sorry about that

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jb1 said:

Not sure how this conversation ended up on here haha..sorry about that

Oopps...

My replies was merged....

The upper part was for the other topics. Sorry...i am the beneficiary

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Jb1 said:

If me and my fiance sent her NBI records, birth certificate, CENOMAR and all the other stuff with our I-129F. Do we have to gather all those papers again for NVC? Or no? I'm kind of confused...

Yes because you need originals as well as copys for Her CFO seminar

Timeline
Just now, Jb1 said:

CFO seminar? What's that?

Just now, Jb1 said:

Just now, Jb1 said:

It's the seminar that your Fiance has to attend and receive a sticker from (which is placed in her passport) before she will be allowed to leave the Philippines

Timeline
Just now, Jb1 said:

Is that before or after the interview?  Where is that at?

CFO - Orientation Seminar
ALL exiting emigrates required to attend

Fiancee and Spouses (IR/CR-1) -  GCP seminar

All other Emigrates - PDOS* 

**Do read through this page completely!**

There are now three CFO locations:  Manila, Cebu and Clark, Pampanga

Newly added, Clark, Pampanga:   
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/news/cfo-news-and-events/3445-cfo-opens-extension-desk-in-clark-pampanga.html

Scheduling GCP:

Manila/Cebu:  
http://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Registration:  http://cfo.gov.ph/images/forms/downloadable_forms/registrationform.pdf 

What documents you need to bring:
  • Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: originals & copies of; CENOMAR (CEMAR and marriage certificate if married), certified birth certificate. Passport and copies of bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together.

• From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests.  If you have never been married before be prepared to provide a copy of your ITR to prove your singleness... of course BLACKENING out the SSN for sure.

The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with CFO, the above info covers the majority of documents.  

When you get to the 3rd floor, You'd be asked to fill up an Information Sheet. (Yes, you have to fill it up there, It's not the downloadable form on the CFO website.)  Make sure you answer ALL questions/fields. Rendering this incomplete will be one of their criterias for you to be "HELD/ON HOLD" for one on one counseling.

Information Needed on the Form:

(I suggest your fiance, USC, sends you a copy of his G-325A (or newest version of I-129F) as it will have much of this information)

- Basic Information about you, the fiance(e)/spouse (Name, Address, Birthday, etc.; Your Birthplace is important too, specify which city/town/area/province)\
- Basic Information about your petitioner (Sometimes you are going to be asked for the Birth Certificate copy)
- FULL MAIDEN NAME of fiance(e)/spouse's MOTHER
- Contact person in the Philippines, specifically immediate family as in Father, Mother, Siblings.
- Landline Number of Petitioner. (I know, I know, most of you guys don't use landlines now. That's what was running through my mind too.) If no landline is available, Landline of Petitioner's Nearest Relative or Petitioner's Neighbor.
- Petitioner's Educational Attainment, Degree/Course, Occupation
- Information on Petitioner's Divorce/Annulment/Death of previous wife or husband. You must have a copy of the Divorce Decree/Death Certificate.
- ZIPCODES. Both the petitioner and the beneficiary. Never forget to write those down.

ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW
Good news - there is nothing to fear with the one on one interview. As long as you know your fiance/spouse, your relationship is legitimate, you answer her questions responsively, clearly and honestly, everything will be perfect. Interview takes  around 3 minutes.  Look the counsular in the eyes when speaking, be confident and self-assured.

Here are questions commonly asked:
  • A.   What is the complete name of your fiancée?
  • B.   Where did you first meet?
  • C.   How many times he visited in the Philippines and when?
  • D.   What do you like most about your fiancée?
  • E.    Do your parents personally know your fiancée?
  • F.    What is your Fiance's mother's maiden name?

CFO Informational Brochure: http://cfo.gov.ph/images/publications/US_infokit.pdf

** From the Family Code of the Philippines**

It states;  21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some have noted that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared) Bring the ID of the parents, plus copies, postal ID should be adequate.

Examples (from Quezon City):

Advice of Parents:
http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Consent to Marry:
http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chris2870 said:

CFO - Orientation Seminar
ALL exiting emigrates required to attend

Fiancee and Spouses (IR/CR-1) -  GCP seminar

All other Emigrates - PDOS* 

**Do read through this page completely!**

There are now three CFO locations:  Manila, Cebu and Clark, Pampanga

Newly added, Clark, Pampanga:   
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/news/cfo-news-and-events/3445-cfo-opens-extension-desk-in-clark-pampanga.html

Scheduling GCP:

Manila/Cebu:  
http://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Registration:  http://cfo.gov.ph/images/forms/downloadable_forms/registrationform.pdf 

What documents you need to bring:
  • Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: originals & copies of; CENOMAR (CEMAR and marriage certificate if married), certified birth certificate. Passport and copies of bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together.

• From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests.  If you have never been married before be prepared to provide a copy of your ITR to prove your singleness... of course BLACKENING out the SSN for sure.

The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with CFO, the above info covers the majority of documents.  

When you get to the 3rd floor, You'd be asked to fill up an Information Sheet. (Yes, you have to fill it up there, It's not the downloadable form on the CFO website.)  Make sure you answer ALL questions/fields. Rendering this incomplete will be one of their criterias for you to be "HELD/ON HOLD" for one on one counseling.

Information Needed on the Form:

(I suggest your fiance, USC, sends you a copy of his G-325A (or newest version of I-129F) as it will have much of this information)

- Basic Information about you, the fiance(e)/spouse (Name, Address, Birthday, etc.; Your Birthplace is important too, specify which city/town/area/province)\
- Basic Information about your petitioner (Sometimes you are going to be asked for the Birth Certificate copy)
- FULL MAIDEN NAME of fiance(e)/spouse's MOTHER
- Contact person in the Philippines, specifically immediate family as in Father, Mother, Siblings.
- Landline Number of Petitioner. (I know, I know, most of you guys don't use landlines now. That's what was running through my mind too.) If no landline is available, Landline of Petitioner's Nearest Relative or Petitioner's Neighbor.
- Petitioner's Educational Attainment, Degree/Course, Occupation
- Information on Petitioner's Divorce/Annulment/Death of previous wife or husband. You must have a copy of the Divorce Decree/Death Certificate.
- ZIPCODES. Both the petitioner and the beneficiary. Never forget to write those down.

ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW
Good news - there is nothing to fear with the one on one interview. As long as you know your fiance/spouse, your relationship is legitimate, you answer her questions responsively, clearly and honestly, everything will be perfect. Interview takes  around 3 minutes.  Look the counsular in the eyes when speaking, be confident and self-assured.

Here are questions commonly asked:
  • A.   What is the complete name of your fiancée?
  • B.   Where did you first meet?
  • C.   How many times he visited in the Philippines and when?
  • D.   What do you like most about your fiancée?
  • E.    Do your parents personally know your fiancée?
  • F.    What is your Fiance's mother's maiden name?

CFO Informational Brochure: http://cfo.gov.ph/images/publications/US_infokit.pdf

** From the Family Code of the Philippines**

It states;  21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some have noted that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared) Bring the ID of the parents, plus copies, postal ID should be adequate.

Examples (from Quezon City):

Advice of Parents:
http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Consent to Marry:
http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf 

;):jest:

Timeline

You might want to browse the Philippine specific visa guideline forums. All the info needed is listed there..This is specific requirement by the Philippine Government and has NOTHING to do with Her visa. In fact: She could have visa in hand and be denied departure at the airport for not attending this seminar and getting the sticker...Hey at least you know now my friend. You dodged a bullet there.:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.