8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi April filers,

I have been following this thread for weeks now since I found its existence. I got my NOA1 on April 12.

I am actually living in Peru and I am falling apart waiting for this Visa for my Peruvian fiance. That sounds dramatic. I am struggling. A lot. And my internal struggle- which is constantly just dreaming about being home and seeing my fiance in my home with my dog and Mom and Dad- it is affecting our relationship.

We filled out the I129f form...I am so scared because for my fiance/ the beneficiary's address we were a bit confused. They don't use zip codes in Peru for addresses. The form called for a zip code, so I googled one for Cusco and wrote that into the application. But since then, over the past few weeks I have really doubted if I should have left the zip code area blank? Now, should I call the embassy? Will they send us via email all the forms like the D-160 or whatever else we'll need before the embassy interview? What if we don't get a packet in the mail and it gets lost in the mail (like so often happens with the post offices here in Peru)...

Thanks for having this thread. :)

19 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I just checked my NOA2 for you and the received date on it is my actual received date (NOT NOA1 date).    🙌🙌🙌

And that is why I think we should go with received date. LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
55 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I just checked my NOA2 for you and the received date on it is my actual received date (NOT NOA1 date).    🙌🙌🙌

Thank you! Someone else had confirmed already, but always nice to have direct confirmation. Yay! :D

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
45 minutes ago, fishereb said:

Hi April filers,

I have been following this thread for weeks now since I found its existence. I got my NOA1 on April 12.

I am actually living in Peru and I am falling apart waiting for this Visa for my Peruvian fiance. That sounds dramatic. I am struggling. A lot. And my internal struggle- which is constantly just dreaming about being home and seeing my fiance in my home with my dog and Mom and Dad- it is affecting our relationship.

We filled out the I129f form...I am so scared because for my fiance/ the beneficiary's address we were a bit confused. They don't use zip codes in Peru for addresses. The form called for a zip code, so I googled one for Cusco and wrote that into the application. But since then, over the past few weeks I have really doubted if I should have left the zip code area blank? Now, should I call the embassy? Will they send us via email all the forms like the D-160 or whatever else we'll need before the embassy interview? What if we don't get a packet in the mail and it gets lost in the mail (like so often happens with the post offices here in Peru)...

Thanks for having this thread. :)

I wouldn't worry that much about it. I don't know if your country sends packet 3 via email or snail mail, but what you can do is sending an email to the Embassy when you see your case status shows as ready in the ceac website and confirm the address, as well as saying you (well, the beneficiary) is ready to proceed with the next steps.

DS160 is an electronic form and usually you can find the information about packet 3 on the Embassy website too.

Hope you get your NOA2 soon, so relax a bit and enjoy the waiting with your fiance, knowing most likely it won't be long until everything is over.

Good luck! :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. :):)

We're just wondering about our NOA2. We still did not received any update yet. Our NOA1 was received April 24th and until now, no update as per VJ timeline. It has been more than 3 months of waiting and hoping. :(

We would like to know what's going on or anyone can share their thoughts for the same situation or closer to this situation.:)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Janice_n_Joe said:

Hi everyone. :):)

We're just wondering about our NOA2. We still did not received any update yet. Our NOA1 was received April 24th and until now, no update as per VJ timeline. It has been more than 3 months of waiting and hoping. :(

We would like to know what's going on or anyone can share their thoughts for the same situation or closer to this situation.:)

Things slowed down processing wise at the beginning of June..They are finally processing the first week of April cases, so you are getting closer my friends. be patient. You could also go on Igor's list and pick a few cases that have earlier received dates than you do to follow. That way if they get a status change you'll see it. They are also processing by received date not NOA1 date. so it appears :D

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

Things slowed down processing wise at the beginning of June..They are finally processing the first week of April cases, so you are getting closer my friends. be patient. You could also go on Igor's list and pick a few cases that have earlier received dates than you do to follow. That way if they get a status change you'll see it. They are also processing by received date not NOA1 date. so it appears :D

Thanks Chris, we appreciate your thoughts. We're hoping that things will go smooth then.

2 hours ago, JeniandMatt said:

And you have filed in the embassy in UAE? It will not be long don't worry. I need to tell you that for my sanity too coz if it could be months for you it means longer for us. So I'd like to be optimistic and wish you a Noa2 soon😊

well my interview was supposed to be in manila. However, my lawyer was afraid that i may not be able to go home as soon as the interview is scheduled due to the fact that my passport is with the agency who hired me here. So they suggested to have the interview here in abu dhabi instead.

well who knows you might get yours ahead of mine since i can see that there were 4 april filers who got their NOA2 already. 

let's keep on praying that we will get our NOA2 as soon as possible.

Edited by jaybeltisroy

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

well my interview was supposed to be in manila. However, my lawyer was afraid that i may not be able to go home as soon as the interview is scheduled due to the fact that my passport is with the agency who hired me here. So they suggested to have the interview here in abu dhabi instead.

well who knows you might get yours ahead of mine since i can see that there were 4 april filers who got their NOA2 already. 

let's keep on praying that we will get our NOA2 as soon as possible.

Wow that sounds complicated...Now after your visa is approved. will you have to buy out your remaining contract or will it be completed by then? just curious forgive me;) My focus has only been on U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Shamefully I never even considered how much more goes into a visa approval for an OFW still under contract.

7 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

Wow that sounds complicated...Now after your visa is approved. will you have to buy out your remaining contract or will it be completed by then? just curious forgive me;) My focus has only been on U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Shamefully I never even considered how much more goes into a visa approval for an OFW still under contract.

oh dear now you know of how hard and complicated my situation is.

My current contract expires September 2017.

If by any chance i will not get any feedback by the end of that month then i am screwed. I can renew my contract for another 2 yrs but if the visa is approved within the span of my new contract, then i need to pay just to terminate the contract (if less than 6 months from the renewal).

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Received Date: 28 Apr. NOA1 date: 2 May. Had always thought we are a May filer until reading the recent posts about looking at Received Date. I'm an April filer!!!! I've been lurking the April thread to find out the progress and get an estimate of when our petition would be adjudicated. Now, we can say we're officially joining the April waiting party! Hi everyone! :D

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

If by any chance i will not get any feedback by the end of that month then i am screwed. I can renew my contract for another 2 yrs but if the visa is approved within the span of my new contract, then i need to pay just to terminate the contract (if less than 6 months from the renewal).

Wow....Faye and I will say an extra prayer that everything times out perfectly for you two then. I had a feeling that there was " more bite than bark " to your case than the typical cases...sorry for the slang :P

Timeline
6 minutes ago, marjohn said:

Received Date: 28 Apr. NOA1 date: 2 May. Had always thought we are a May filer until reading the recent posts about looking at Received Date. I'm an April filer!!!! I've been lurking the April thread to find out the progress and get an estimate of when our petition would be adjudicated. Now, we can say we're officially joining the April waiting party! Hi everyone! :D

Welcome aboard ! We are now loading rows 1-7 so if you could have your ticket ready for the attendant blah blah blah...sorry...flight reference seemed appropriate at this time :jest:

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Oh now I can truly understand your case. But here's to hanging to every bit of hope as I usually do. Sending a prayer for you too that you will receive Noa2 the soonest. Have you completed your documents? It will help to speed up the process after noa2 if you do

4 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

Oh now I can truly understand your case. But here's to hanging to every bit of hope as I usually do. Sending a prayer for you too that you will receive Noa2 the soonest. Have you completed your documents? It will help to speed up the process after noa2 if you do

thank you @Chris2870 and @JeniandMatt.

problem is i don't know of what documents are needed and where to start. My lawyer said i have to wait or NOA2 :(

Edited by jaybeltisroy

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.