8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, amishbaby said:

Is it OK if I join in on the fun over here? My receive date is March 28th but NOA1 is April 3rd. 127 days so far. Going cray! Everyone in March is getting their approvals and I'm sadly patiently waiting and losing my mind. :unsure::unsure:

Welcome to the family 😊😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, JeniandMatt said:

Welcome to the family 😊😊😊

Thank you :)

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

That's the first thing that crossed my mind when Putin gave them the boot. Hope you're unaffected my friends.

Most of the embassy workers who were fired, Russians: drivers, couriers, warehouse workers, etc.<_<

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
56 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

Naa, they're not going to shut down the embassy, but I think the processing will slow a bit. I hope it is only a bit. On the embassy site they have already posted delays for Visa's so ... we will see. In any event ... I'm not going to worry with it. I was waiting for my next trip to be for interview, but with all the events lately and USCIS dragging their feet ... I am going to resume my monthly visits until we get her here, which I don't mind because I like Russia ... it's too bad its hard to make a living there otherwise I would be outta here lol 

Should not affect the K-1 visa, since the approved petition is valid 4 months, from the date of NOA2..the interview date is tied to NOA2 .

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

55 minutes ago, amishbaby said:

Same! I use informed delivery but just another dud today! If I get it this week, I would be through the moon! :)

Just want to be with my fiancee... last time I seen him was in December.

Wow you're a very patient person! This process will really test that. Right now I see my fiancé on a monthly basis, but thats only because of geography and no visa physical visa required for tourists between our countries.

Welcome to the group!! I hope you hear something very soon :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

Should not affect the K-1 visa, since the approved petition is valid 4 months, from the date of NOA2..the interview date is tied to NOA2 .

So what you are saying is they have four months to get the interview done ? Am I correct here? 

Timeline

All of us should be extremely careful ... after approval and before the interview there are strictly 4 months ... only one day later - and the whole process from the very beginning ...   the preparation of documents for the interview not on the last day:jest:

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
3 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

So what you are saying is they have four months to get the interview done ? Am I correct here? 

yes, you're right... they must give us an appointment not far than 4 months...but we must have all documents  ready for that day...police certificate/s etc

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Sam_y_Kyle said:

Did anyone have their K-1 Visa done professionally? I was wondering if that affected when your case was processed due to the appearance of it. 

I had mine done by RapidVisa ... I am still waiting ...:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sam_y_Kyle said:

Did anyone have their K-1 Visa done professionally? I was wondering if that affected when your case was processed due to the appearance of it. 

Had mine done by FiancéVisa still waiting as well 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I paid a local immigration lawyer recommended to me by a friend who is a criminal lawyer and I am still waiting. Not sure how much it helps but I didn't want to miss a single thing. Peace of mind more than faster processing.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

5 minutes ago, Sam_y_Kyle said:

We hired an immigration attorney.  Also still waiting....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sam_y_Kyle said:

Used an immigration lawyer and also still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.