8,297 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I hate to say this guys but I think NOA2 will start appearing at the 120-125 day.

I agree, that's gonna be about 2 weeks from now for me. Funny because 2 weeks from now will roughly be 90 working days since my NOA1

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
11 hours ago, Chris2870 said:

That is hilarious, sorry but it is...And how fitting is that? I won't do ####### for you people, but send me back to do....jack #######!

Honestly didn't know how to respond to it. I was like what the is this. I voted for you. Never thinking I'd actually need you for anything. Do need something and it seems to come to come with the stipulation of getting others to vote for you. You better be damn lucky I won't be in your district next election of I'd canvas, but not in a way you'd like. 

Met at University in Scotland - August 2013

Tiae left Scotland - October 2014

Jonathan visited Tiae in the States - August 2015, August 2016, April 2017

Jonathan proposed - February 2016

Filed I-129f - March 2017

NOA1 - April 3, 2017

NOA2 - August 10, 2017

NVC Rec'd - August 28, 2017

NVC # rec'd - August 29, 2017

Left NVC - August 31, 2017

Consulate Rec'd - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Received - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Response - September 5, 2017

Medical Appt - September 15, 2017

Interview - September 25, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
5 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

Have you tried to request an expedite again?

I think you have a special circumstance given that you will be having to leave the country.  Because these visas are for unification/reunification, the petitioner either has to be in the states or prove that they are establishing domicile before (or at the same time that) the beneficiary is arriving.  You would have to be residing in the US for her to be able to come over- and if you're not residing in the US when her visa is approved, then she's going to be unable to use it.  You would be unable to marry within the 90 days and violate the terms of her visa.

I think that warrants an expedite, given that you work for the government and you aren't going out of the country leisurely.

I'm sorry that you're having such a difficult time.  When I requested an expedite I had to do it 3 times before it was approved and my fiance had been attacked and stabbed.

I've applied for at least five over the course of three months. With the last one they told me I couldn't apply for anymore because it was in the background check phase so everything was on hold. Yesterday they told me that all expedites did was push it it to the front it didn't make them do adjudicate them any faster. So I really don't know what to do. 

Met at University in Scotland - August 2013

Tiae left Scotland - October 2014

Jonathan visited Tiae in the States - August 2015, August 2016, April 2017

Jonathan proposed - February 2016

Filed I-129f - March 2017

NOA1 - April 3, 2017

NOA2 - August 10, 2017

NVC Rec'd - August 28, 2017

NVC # rec'd - August 29, 2017

Left NVC - August 31, 2017

Consulate Rec'd - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Received - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Response - September 5, 2017

Medical Appt - September 15, 2017

Interview - September 25, 2017

10 minutes ago, KeriAn said:

I agree, that's gonna be about 2 weeks from now for me. Funny because 2 weeks from now will roughly be 90 working days since my NOA1

Which is why you'll probably get it next week. 

3.5-4 months seems to be the average from January to date. Things will regulate and go faster again around late August early September and then slow up at the beginning of the year. It's just the way the government operates unfortunately. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

I hate to say this guys but I think NOA2 will start appearing at the 120-125 day. Just seems to be the pattern I've seen in the March forum. Unfortunately, I don't see things picking up until August which is when primetime summer vacation time starts to slow down because schools are about to start back soon. This sucks though because what happens to be guys, happens to me because May filers have to seat back and for you guys to jump off next month which was suppose to be our month. 

At least we're all in this together. May not be what you want to hear but it helps when you know you're not alone.

Agreed. Summer months are always super slow in any branch of Gov't. Shitty situation but that will never change. Plus with the change in Gov't and high profile of illegal immigration I believe a lot more people are following the official immigration process - which creates more of a backlog. 

The background checks alone can take 3+ months. Any hits with your name, fiancé name, address, place of business, parents name, etc. require further investigation. For my job I had to apply for secret security clearance with the Gov't and it took close to 6 months because my new address had a hit from the previous tenant with a bad credit score. Seems like a simple fix but it delays the process as additional approvals are required.

I think the beginning weeks of August we'll finally see real movement. It's frustrating but at least we won't have to go through this process again!! (hopefully lol) 

6 minutes ago, kat.caprio said:

Agreed. Summer months are always super slow in any branch of Gov't. Shitty situation but that will never change. Plus with the change in Gov't and high profile of illegal immigration I believe a lot more people are following the official immigration process - which creates more of a backlog. 

The background checks alone can take 3+ months. Any hits with your name, fiancé name, address, place of business, parents name, etc. require further investigation. For my job I had to apply for secret security clearance with the Gov't and it took close to 6 months because my new address had a hit from the previous tenant with a bad credit score. Seems like a simple fix but it delays the process as additional approvals are required.

I think the beginning weeks of August we'll finally see real movement. It's frustrating but at least we won't have to go through this process again!! (hopefully lol) 

It's unfortunate but our US government doesn't care about the mess they create in situations like ours. Once we sent the package in and they deposited our payments, we're at their mercy. They know it which is why things are the way they are. They get paid whether they sit and do nothing or approve one petition per day. They know we're all waiting, they just don't care. And calling them is not gonna do anything but make you more angry and frustrated while they sit there and do what they want. 

Sad situation but it is what it is. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

8 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

It's unfortunate but our US government doesn't care about the mess they create in situations like ours. Once we sent the package in and they deposited our payments, we're at their mercy. They know it which is why things are the way they are. They get paid whether they sit and do nothing or approve one petition per day. They know we're all waiting, they just don't care. And calling them is not gonna do anything but make you more angry and frustrated while they sit there and do what they want. 

Sad situation but it is what it is. 

I know it feels that way… I find it interesting how quickly those cheques are cashed and then its complete radio silence when applicants follow-up as these fees help fund USCIS...

BUT I'd like to believe USCIS as a whole does care and is doing their job to protect the immigration process. With over half of applications deemed as fraudent and the popularity of a show like 90 Day Fiancé it does make sense this a lengthy process (as much as it sucks). Our time will come!! 

7 minutes ago, kat.cap13 said:

I know it feels that way… I find it interesting how quickly those cheques are cashed and then its complete radio silence when applicants follow-up as these fees help fund USCIS...

BUT I'd like to believe USCIS as a whole does care and is doing their job to protect the immigration process. With over half of applications deemed as fraudent and the popularity of a show like 90 Day Fiancé it does make sense this a lengthy process (as much as it sucks). Our time will come!! 

That's true to a certain extent. Maybe I won't say they don't care...but I will say that there's no fire behind them to clear up the backlog. In a production/ops environment, the key to that department is productivity and if they aren't hitting their monthly or quarterly goals, that creates a bigger problem than what is reflected in that department. Yes, the percentage of fraudulent applications is high, however, I'm sure they have a pre-screening system already set up in place in order to counter those types of applications to avoid having their adjudicators waste their time on easy closures.

For example, I work in AML/TF Compliance for many years, initially in a productive operations and now more on the investigative side. The whole thing comes down to numbers and just like in Compliance, there is a governmental commission or "overseer" that they have to report to in order to explain why they are backlogged, come up with an action plan to get out of the backlogged and execute it within a tight deadline. Afterwards, if they meet they action plan, things are less strict on their employees because now they have a little "wiggle room" and can let the majority of the employees take vacation around the same time. If they don't meet goal, then they have to push harder and get it down within a tighter deadline because at the end of the day, this is costing them money believe it our not. With the K1 visa process, you spend a whole lot more money than you do with the spousal visa process from beginning to end, and if people start to see that they K1 is taking longer than the 6 month grace period, people might just go with the spousal visa which is just another 6-7 months added to it because it is cheaper and the foreign spouse gets all their necessary paperwork in the brown envelope so they can start life right after POE. Trust me...the government does not want that to happen.

Right now, just like the company I work for, we just got out of our "backlog" with our cases and right now, after we just got audited by our Governmental "overseer" and things are considered "normal" so to speak and slow. Many of us are taking vacation time now because, between February - May/June, who could not (well, I did ;)). However, we all expect to be under the gun hitting into the 4th quarter which is September. Kinda works the same with the US government. Right now, they are probably allowing a lot of vacation time as they normally do around this time of year, and probably have the non-seniority or new people working these cases which keeps productivity numbers moderate while their tenure employees take vacation. I know that sucks but trust me, this is what usually happens.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

DAY 116 B-) (Day 122 since Received) Nothing in Informed Delivery today.

I am doing my best to stay positive.  I feel bad for you @tcovington, the timing on all this is bad for you.  I hope that you get some resolution very soon.  

@Trinab80, I hope your are not right, but if you are I guess it will be in a few days for us, since I am already at 116, that just makes it next week.  Unfortunately, I think you are correct.  

The hardest part, other than not being with the woman that I love, is the secrecy.  The silence,  Not knowing what the *bleep* is going on.  I think that is the biggest problem.  There has to be a better way to keep the people involved informed as to what is going on.  A tie into there system that sends a text or email when they do something.  When the file is scanned into an area, the info is sent to the Petitioner to keep them informed as to what is going on.  The is in for Background check, the Petitioner is notified.  Background check is done, the Petitioner is notified, etc.  If we had that find of information, then we wouldn't feel so isolated about the process.  Of course that would mean that the system actually had to work, I know I am asking a lot here.

Anyway, good luck to us all, cheers.  Hope to have a drink with some or all of you later.  ;)

One Day More... One Day Less... One Day Closer... :jest:

12 November 2016 (Sat): First meeting - Hong Kong/Macau

11 February 2017 (Sat): Second meeting - Philippines

14 February 2017 (Tue): Engaged

K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

3 minutes ago, Keith & Monica said:

DAY 116 B-) (Day 122 since Received) Nothing in Informed Delivery today.

I am doing my best to stay positive.  I feel bad for you @tcovington, the timing on all this is bad for you.  I hope that you get some resolution very soon.  

@Trinab80, I hope your are not right, but if you are I guess it will be in a few days for us, since I am already at 116, that just makes it next week.  Unfortunately, I think you are correct.  

The hardest part, other than not being with the woman that I love, is the secrecy.  The silence,  Not knowing what the *bleep* is going on.  I think that is the biggest problem.  There has to be a better way to keep the people involved informed as to what is going on.  A tie into there system that sends a text or email when they do something.  When the file is scanned into an area, the info is sent to the Petitioner to keep them informed as to what is going on.  The is in for Background check, the Petitioner is notified.  Background check is done, the Petitioner is notified, etc.  If we had that find of information, then we wouldn't feel so isolated about the process.  Of course that would mean that the system actually had to work, I know I am asking a lot here.

Anyway, good luck to us all, cheers.  Hope to have a drink with some or all of you later.  ;)

One Day More... One Day Less... One Day Closer... :jest:

Truthfully, I don't want to be right, at least not about this. But just looking at the pattern of things, from January- April, the average wait for the NOA2 appears to be 120-125 days, although, I just saw in the March forum someone is at 136 days. The total process comes out to be 6 months which is still accurate according to USCIS. I filed in May so although I would have like to think my fiancé and I would be attending his interview late September/early October, realistically, when I sent off of the petition, I said to myself that I should expect him to be here in November which right now is still possible for us; considering May has been pushed to September approval timeframe which leaves roughly another 45-60 days from NVC to approval for us.

I just want to get him here at least to enjoy Thanksgiving with me and my family since Customs and Immigration messed that up for us last year when he tried to come visit me on his tourist visa and they decided to not let him through POE and cancelled the tourist visa altogether.

Maybe that's why I'm not really that surprised that this is taking longer than expected; because after what we went through last year, I had to find the strength, patience, energy and ALL OF MY SANITY to go through this K1 visa because initially I wanted to do the spousal one but the government forced our hand so to speak. Nothing surprises me anymore with our US government.

But something tells me that you guys should be getting your approvals hard starting next week. I'm thinking they are reviewing them now and will be in the mail between today-Friday. If no one gets anything today, I would expect to see a lot of action come next week.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

How often does VJ update the processing times? It seems like just once a day. My NOA1 date is April 19 so I am (not so) Patiently waiting. It says I should get my approval between August 10-16. Hopefully early B-Day present lol (17th) 

Cheers to everyone going through this process!

1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

I just want to get him here at least to enjoy Thanksgiving with me and my family since Customs and Immigration messed that up for us last year when he tried to come visit me on his tourist visa and they decided to not let him through POE and cancelled the tourist visa altogether.

How come this happened? was he already applying for another visa and thats why they didnt let him through?

Just now, MeliiGo said:

How come this happened? was he already applying for another visa and thats why they didnt let him through?

No, customs and immigration thought that he would stay and we would get married on the tourist visa so they questioned in for hours and also called me asking me questions. They believed he was coming to visit but they "felt" he wouldn't leave so they cancelled his tourist visa and put him back on the next plane back to Jamaica. 

We weren't trying to do that, I wanted him to meet my son in person, see what it's like here and help me with all the traveling back and forth to see each other. We were gonna get married in Jamaica and do the spousal visa but thar kinda changed our plans.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.