8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

Sorry guys I know the process is difficult, but getting your Congressman or Senator involved is not a wise move at this point.  The 3 to 4 month time period that gets thrown around on VJ is an estimate based on numbers, not an official USCIS time frame.  The magic number when USCIS considers an application late seems to be 6 months from NOA1.  Late means you haven't received an RFE or NOA2.  At that point a normal inquiry will get a fairly quick response.  I've seen this happen before and it's happened here on VJ lately. (sorry I can't find the links.)

In any case, Why would you burn your potential ace in the hole on something routine in the process??   We all know that USCIS is running a bit slow but that they are indeed looking at April filers already.  And since we are already this late into the process you may hear back even before your representative had the chance to respond.  Patience...the NOA1 to NOA2 is the first step in a very long visa journey leading to citizenship.    

Patience is something I have very short supply of when I know I'm about to be completely ###### over. When I expressed this to them and they essentially said don't worry you're right we're going to you over. As stated before a bit slow is an understatement. People in early March have submitted their paperwork and done everything down to their interviews and received visas in the time we've been waiting. 

Met at University in Scotland - August 2013

Tiae left Scotland - October 2014

Jonathan visited Tiae in the States - August 2015, August 2016, April 2017

Jonathan proposed - February 2016

Filed I-129f - March 2017

NOA1 - April 3, 2017

NOA2 - August 10, 2017

NVC Rec'd - August 28, 2017

NVC # rec'd - August 29, 2017

Left NVC - August 31, 2017

Consulate Rec'd - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Received - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Response - September 5, 2017

Medical Appt - September 15, 2017

Interview - September 25, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
2 hours ago, KeriAn said:

Yup. When I filed an inquiry in May it took them a month and then some to respond. They updated the site a few days after the inquiry was made, but no change after that,else I probably would've seen the response before I got the hardcopy. That's when it all crashed I guess..

On another note. Vj has just become the site for Support and Info, solves no other purpose. 

I'm also getting frustrated bout this *beep* process. How slow can they be. Like March was four damn months ago. What the *beep*. Does everyone go on a group vacation? If Cali having a hard time, then transfer some of the cases til they can hold their own again. 

@tcovington I'd dog them everyday for real ,cuz they could've just expedited the case. Steam would be coming thru my ears at this point. I hope you get proper advice and that it doesnt mess stuff up for you anymore than it already has 

You know what USCIS stated when I called back again later today. Well you should wait until they send you on assignment then get married there and apply for the I-130. So basically all the time and money I've put into I-129f. Start all over again. Spend more money and do the all over again. Especially with the wait for the I-130 being longer. #######. 

Met at University in Scotland - August 2013

Tiae left Scotland - October 2014

Jonathan visited Tiae in the States - August 2015, August 2016, April 2017

Jonathan proposed - February 2016

Filed I-129f - March 2017

NOA1 - April 3, 2017

NOA2 - August 10, 2017

NVC Rec'd - August 28, 2017

NVC # rec'd - August 29, 2017

Left NVC - August 31, 2017

Consulate Rec'd - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Received - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Response - September 5, 2017

Medical Appt - September 15, 2017

Interview - September 25, 2017

18 minutes ago, tcovington said:

You know what USCIS stated when I called back again later today. Well you should wait until they send you on assignment then get married there and apply for the I-130. So basically all the time and money I've put into I-129f. Start all over again. Spend more money and do the all over again. Especially with the wait for the I-130 being longer. #######. 

They so damn dry. Gosh. Pisses me off. I don't think they put themselves in our shoes at all. 

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very frustrating. This is why illegal immigration is such a problem in this country. If you are responsible, patriotic and adhere to the rule of law, you are raked over the monetary and emotional coals until you can't help being a little bitter about the experience.

But NO, they are trained not to relate to us. They are trained to look at each individual case as a number and potential problem until they find no reason to scrutinize it any longer, then it's on to the next potential mass-extinction event.....tongue in cheek of course.;)

Timeline
49 minutes ago, tcovington said:

We did once before. Filled out the form they asked of us. And didn't hear anything else regarding the case, but did start receiving emails to campaign on his behalf. 

That is hilarious, sorry but it is...And how fitting is that? I won't do ####### for you people, but send me back to do....jack #######!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone. Kind of  quick question(s). I going to just pretend I have gotten the Noa2 etc second lol. PRAYING over my mailbox at this point.haha..... So here are the questions. I make well above minimum but I work as a contractor. I finished my Masters last October( was full time student) Sept 2015-Sept2016. So showing my taxes during the interview would not be beneficial. My bank statement  (deposits) is already 125% above the requirement for this year and I can also show check stubs and get my employer to right a letter. Will this suffice? Does it matter that I'm a long term contractor? Would permanent be better? My contract renews every 12 months. BTW I live in Georgia. And interview would be at the New Delhi Embassy.😭😅Thank you in advance guys! 

Timeline
13 hours ago, SChamb said:

For some of us its cheaper to buy round trip tkts...so actually..the best answer is do whats cheaper...just make sure to cancel the return if you do the round trip

AND if things don't work out "trust me they don't always" then you have a cheap ticket for the their return flight.

Timeline
On 7/26/2017 at 10:17 AM, Chris2870 said:

MOA is entertainment area/ Mall Of Asia in Pasay.....pubs and restaurants galore

Me! I work nearby! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Every time I check my timeline my predicted NOA2 date is a couple of days further away. This is getting really difficult. 😢

Edited by TamaraN

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, ChinaSandeep said:

Hi everyone. Kind of  quick question(s). I going to just pretend I have gotten the Noa2 etc second lol. PRAYING over my mailbox at this point.haha..... So here are the questions. I make well above minimum but I work as a contractor. I finished my Masters last October( was full time student) Sept 2015-Sept2016. So showing my taxes during the interview would not be beneficial. My bank statement  (deposits) is already 125% above the requirement for this year and I can also show check stubs and get my employer to right a letter. Will this suffice? Does it matter that I'm a long term contractor? Would permanent be better? My contract renews every 12 months. BTW I live in Georgia. And interview would be at the New Delhi Embassy.😭😅Thank you in advance guys! 

Taxes are taken into account but I think the most important thing is your current income, as bad as what you were going to use to support yourself and your soon-to-be spouse. 

I think the letter from your employer is very important because it will tell how much you make a year currently as well as the length of your employment and if it's temporary or permanent.  Those are the things that really matter.  I think you should be fine as long as you make over the poverty guideline for your household size.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, tcovington said:

Have you tried to request an expedite again?

I think you have a special circumstance given that you will be having to leave the country.  Because these visas are for unification/reunification, the petitioner either has to be in the states or prove that they are establishing domicile before (or at the same time that) the beneficiary is arriving.  You would have to be residing in the US for her to be able to come over- and if you're not residing in the US when her visa is approved, then she's going to be unable to use it.  You would be unable to marry within the 90 days and violate the terms of her visa.

I think that warrants an expedite, given that you work for the government and you aren't going out of the country leisurely.

I'm sorry that you're having such a difficult time.  When I requested an expedite I had to do it 3 times before it was approved and my fiance had been attacked and stabbed.

Edited by Unshakable Faith

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline
On 7/24/2017 at 10:53 AM, Sallysyrup said:

It was at april 2 like a week ago I think. But it somehow keeps on backing up. I don't know if I still have to follow it because there are some getting theirs earlier than most of us. Then again, waiting is the only option lol goodluck to us! :-)

Yeah True all we can do is to wait, wait and wait . 😊 Goodluck too and godbless all on our journey .

Morning all!

Let's keep our fingers crossed for some good news today and let the flood-gates of April's NOA's open, i'm feeling today is the day we'll see it happen!

Good luck to all!

Love all the positive vibes in this thread by the way - let's keep it up and we'll all cross the first of many immigration milestones soon!

Enjoy the day guys! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Day 112 since notice!  3 postal days left in the week.. I can feel it, I know it's coming soon!  I'm chasing my timeline date.  It means nothing anymore, but each day I check, it's always one day ahead of the current day's date!  At least it's mildly entertaining. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

DAY 107 (112 since received date)

Well... obviously it's 5am in Utah yet, so no idea what's coming in the mail today, if anything... but I already know there won't be a USCIS letter there, so... :P

In fact, I've decided to stop with the dairy-like daily countdown (or up) and wait until day 120 (125), since four months seems to be the new mark to chase. That will happen on August 9th, which seems like a good enough date to me to start hoping all over again, since it also matches the estimated timeline (well, it says 2-8 August right now, but I KNOW it's going to keep sliding more into August).

Hope @sunj and @bjd's feelings are right! My guts are telling me otherwise, but maybe I'm just hungry :P

Hugs, Aprilites.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.