8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, _Mia_ said:

I doubt it would be that. Affidavit of support is not until later and I don't think you need his police certificate? At least we didn't provide that. Have you checked that there's nothing you forgot to tick? How about the letters of intent?

I've heard that some people's passport pictures were too small. Which would be super annoying. But I'm pretty sure we measured it. Oh well... let's wait for this lovely letter. Why can't they just send an email?

41 minutes ago, Sarah_F said:

I've heard that some people's passport pictures were too small. Which would be super annoying. But I'm pretty sure we measured it. Oh well... let's wait for this lovely letter. Why can't they just send an email?

That would really suck... yes fingers crossed it's an easy fix and you get your NOA2 in no time! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, KeriAn said:

Got my case number today:jest:

Congrats !!!:)

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Eric.molnar said:

Anyone have experience with an average time it takes for the CSC to approve your case after you sent in the RFE evidence?

They recieved my evidence on the 7th of September.

Thanks

2 to 4 weeks on average based upon recent RFE's here. Some are out to 60 days so no finite answer.

If your RFE is for lack of documents that then need to be reviewed I would imagine that would increase your wait time verses someone who simply forgot to check a box or two.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yesturday i was so happy to get my noa2 , now today im so sad!!! This whole process ive had friends and family bail on being a cosponsor. I had an accident which left me in a wheelchairfor the last year ive been unable to work. Is it all goimg to go to waste :( i wish a miracle would happen and some one would want to help us ... i work off the books ,i have 7thousand saved! Ive managed to support us thus far. I just cant find a co sponsor , what do i doooo ?!!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, JOA AND ROBERT said:

So i have been waiting patiently seeing all these approvals and interviews being scheduled.  But finally got my NOA2 i was surprised to see it because i check my Informed delivery everyday and had not seen anything was going to be delivered.  but when i walk into my house I had a nice present waiting for me.  On to the next step!! I have no words to describe how i am feeling finally having this notice on hand!! :D:jest::jest:

Glad to see some early Aprilites getting cleared out.

Congrats

DS-160 if not done already.

3 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

Congrats !!!:)

Thanks

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah_F said:

So my fiancé called yesterday, managed to speak to Tier2 after being on hold for 102 minutes. Apparently we got an RFE that was sent out on Friday. Noa1 is April 26. No update on the tracker or via email.

I triple checked all our documents and I still have no idea what they could possibly want from us. Any ideas? This is such a bummer...

just guessing here but did you meet on a dating site? If so did you provide the TOS Terms of Service from said website?

Otherwise you will just have to wait 10 days or so for the RFE to arrive.

Good part is your case is being worked and if not for RFE would have been approved so you are just one step away from NOA 2 once you reply with requested documents.

Send the documents back with tracking and make copy of EVERYTHING you send to them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, LabOz said:

just guessing here but did you meet on a dating site? If so did you provide the TOS Terms of Service from said website?

Otherwise you will just have to wait 10 days or so for the RFE to arrive.

Good part is your case is being worked and if not for RFE would have been approved so you are just one step away from NOA 2 once you reply with requested documents.

Send the documents back with tracking and make copy of EVERYTHING you send to them.

No dating site. We met 4 years ago in person while he was traveling abroad in Germany. It must be a really minor thing that's missing, such as that they lost our passport pictures or something. Heard that happened to some people.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Steve and Joy said:

Our package left NVC on 8-30-17 for Bangkok and is still showing "in transit" this seems like way longer that what others are taking. We have an attorney working on it and he says all is normal. Any thoughts? 

It's all normal.  Check again Friday

Timeline
24 minutes ago, KerryAndBinns said:

Yesturday i was so happy to get my noa2 , now today im so sad!!! This whole process ive had friends and family bail on being a cosponsor. I had an accident which left me in a wheelchairfor the last year ive been unable to work. Is it all goimg to go to waste :( i wish a miracle would happen and some one would want to help us ... i work off the books ,i have 7thousand saved! Ive managed to support us thus far. I just cant find a co sponsor , what do i doooo ?!!!

Do you expect to ever be able to get back to work? Is your disability / Social Security not enough? Does your BF have relatives or friends here that would be willing to co-sponsor?

Some embassies don't even ask for financials but for sure at AOS status once he is here the USCIS will want affidavit of support I-864.

Hopefully others will be able to provide suggestions.

If visa not approved and you have no work or employment prospects maybe you can just move there?

Edited by LabOz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
47 minutes ago, KerryAndBinns said:

I'm really sorry for with happen with u don't worry miracles do happens don't worry everything will be fine just hang on there :wub:

Ok so...It keeps telling me my # is invalid...Am I missing something here...:help:

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.