8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, tanderson64 said:

That is the alien number.  Now the beneficiary is officially in the US system!

Sorry, but my fiance told me it is my number for all future...

"....

If your case (Petition I-129F) is approved, the following I-797 - Notice of Approval, more commonly known as NOA-2, is sent to the groom's address. It is important to remember to take care of this form! Ask the groom to scan and send you to save it at least in electronic form and under your personal control, because this is one of the important documents necessary to change the status in the US (getting a green card).
In the note next to your name, the first time you see your personal A number (the number of alien ), which will be your number for the rest of life with immigration documents. This will also be your green card number.

Attention for those with children: their children will receive a number much later, when their documents on the green card will be accepted. Until then, if necessary, fill out any forms with an A-number, children write N / A ("no answer").  ..... "

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

"....

If your case (Petition I-129F) is approved, the following I-797 - Notice of Approval, more commonly known as NOA-2, is sent to the groom's address. It is important to remember to take care of this form! Ask the groom to scan and send you to save it at least in electronic form and under your personal control, because this is one of the important documents necessary to change the status in the US (getting a green card).
In the note next to your name, the first time you see your personal A number (the number of alien ), which will be your number for the rest of life with immigration documents. This will also be your green card number.

Attention for those with children: their children will receive a number much later, when their documents on the green card will be accepted. Until then, if necessary, fill out any forms with an A-number, children write N / A ("no answer").  ..... "

You would change from the A number to a true SSN at the point you become a naturalized US citizen. They are separate systems in a sort of way. Though I know my Fiance had an "alien" SSN number for work purposes only as a part of her OPT card after she graduated from her MBA program before she had to go home. The SSN# was for work authorization only though. What I don't know is when you switch from a work authorization only to full US citizen if you keep that same SSN or not.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, JeniandMatt said:

Yes thought so too. And @tanderson64 confirmed it 😊

The Alien number is used for Green Card.  It is the number USCIS will use to track beneficiary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

"....

Sorry I did not clarify - yes the alien number is used for green card.  USCIS assigns A number, and they use this number to track beneficiary.  USCIS also issues green cards.

However, SSN is not the same number.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

We have the same noa1. I hope we both get our noa2s very very soon! Let's hang in there.

you have wonderful day of  approval  ahead ...very close now :):yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, fishereb said:

Can't sleep. Flooded with worry and panic. I don't want to pass another day with no news. What if it never comes? Or what if it doesn't come for 8 months..what did I do wrong? Am I screwing up my life? I have spent the past two years here in Peru with Willy and his family. I want to share my home with him- my joys, the people I grew up with, my family, my traditions. I feel empty here in Cusco. I want us to move forward. Does the government hate me? I hope not. Please, I just want news back. 

I feel your pain. 2 sleepless nights in a row.

Our time is coming soon!  Have faith!

Last night I was imagining our USCIS officer dressed up in a Cupid suit, bow and arrow and wings and all,  delivering my hearts desire to me.  

🙄

The things I do make the time pass, lol. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, fishereb said:

Hi all,

Do you all know if it's possible to get someone else to call the uscis. Since I'm in Peru with my fiance, I can't call the 1-800 number.

Until USCIS approves you, the only person they will give information to is the Petitioner

After you are approved, you are officially recognized and that is why Petitioner or Beneficiary may call NVC

short answer - they can call but they won't find out anything

4 hours ago, Melodica256 said:

called my doctor and I was quoted £50 for the full history

See my post here:

This should help

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

8 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

:)  Agree - that is a great pic.  

Thank you :wub:

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Sorry, I was using my phone then and couldn't seen your signature. It's perfect :)

Thank you for sharing the good news and congrats again :D

Congratulations!! :jest:

Nearly half a century?! :o Lol, but you look so young and cute in your profile picture. Beautiful couple indeed :)

And thanks to you for putting on words what a lot of us feel, from the frustration to the shared love and determination, that will make us succeed in this long process.

Don't let USCIS to take you down ;)

Thank you for your kind words.  

He is the best and sometimes it's hard not to gloat how lucky we are to have found each other.  

But, seeing the love-fest on this site makes me feel positive about the world in general and how we can all bridge gaps of age, distance, ethnicity, and time to make this world a better place!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

???? for PHP

USEM Interview Appts........

Monday thru Friday? or just certain days?  Barring holidays of course.

ALSO   What are the holidays in PHP in October that USEM will be closed?

Thanx!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sallysyrup said:

Our received date is April 6. It's getting to me. It's gonna be 5 months of waiting for us next month. I hope it doesn't get longer than that. Our patience has been tested big time.

So i called USCIS today and spoke to the level 1 who was refusing to transfer me to a tier 2 haha.  I was on the phone with him for 20 minutes and finally he transferred me based on the reason that i demanded a transfer.

Long story short when i spoke to the tier 2 she was nice and said there was a RFE ordered on the 28th and i should get it in the mail in a few weeks.  At least i see now that they are touching my case.

7 hours ago, A_F said:

Nothing in informed delivery yesterday and nothing in informed delivery today. No updates on the tracker whatsoever. I also noticed on the apps that it seems to be that they update other petitions about a decision or approval, but not the I-129F for some reason. Frustrated beyond belief at this point to say the least. No longer holding onto the hope that "It must be on it's way in the mail." At this point I'm preparing for the worst and for the need to contact the ombudsman. Yesterday I sent in a letter to my senator asking for a congressional inquiry on my behalf and will be calling on the 31st to speak to Tier 2. Also currently looking into how to immigrate to Indonesia based on marriage. At this point I'm not even preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, just preparing for the worst.

Received: April 10

NOA1: April 13

150 Days: Sept 7 (Based on NOA1)

I have the same dates as you and I feel the same! The tier 2 officer that I reached just told me that I'm in normal processing time repeatedly and would not give me any updates. Informed delivery is great but checking it actually ruins my day because I don't see anything in the mail.

The only thing that been keeping me from going crazy is how busy work has been but I'm getting to the point where I would really love to have my fiance here to help me cope with the work stress. I think I'm honestly beyond depressed at this point for lack of progress :( I guess my next step is to write a letter to my senator but I wonder if I should save that for later "just in case". 

April 5, 2017: I-129F Mailed

April 10, 2017: NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

April 13, 2017: NOA 1 NOTICE DATE (+email and text confirmation)

April 17, 2017: NOA 1 Hard Copy

Aug 28, 2017: NOA 2 Approval Date

Sept 1, 2017: NOA 2 Hard Copy

Sept 12, 2017: NVC Received (via email)

xx xx, 2017: NVC Received at Consulate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Melodica256 said:

So frustrating - as the beneficiary I cannot speak to them myself grr... on day 148 here...

I wonder if a lot of us who are still waiting have the same adjudicator and it's the slow one, which is why it seems like a lot of people around us with the same (or within a few days) dates are already moving on, but we feel like we're being left behind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.