8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, AnJ Co said:

Congrats!!!

Thanks, AnJ and also Estibaliz! I couldn't edit my earlier post. :P

4/4/17 - I-129F sent to Dallas, TX (USPS)

4/10/17 - I-129F Received Date

4/13/17 - NOA1/Text and Email Notifications

8/23/17 - NOA2 (No text/email/USCIS update)

8/28/17 - NOA2 Received date

9/5/17 - NVC Received (Phone call)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, TomC88 said:

So, you'll never believe it, but the Tracker is working! I just refreshed it one more time before going to bed (it was midnight here) and the status changed to approved today (8/28)! 

No worries about the embassy, I can stop worrying as much for the time being. Thank you though, I'll be sure to check around this site for info! It is such a relief, isn't it! 

Good luck to you, too, on the next steps; and thanks for also letting me vent a little!

Congrats!!!!!!!

What a nice surprise!!!!   But HOW CAN YOU SLEEP NOW????? :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
30 minutes ago, TomC88 said:

So, you'll never believe it, but the Tracker is working! I just refreshed it one more time before going to bed (it was midnight here) and the status changed to approved today (8/28)! 

No worries about the embassy, I can stop worrying as much for the time being. Thank you though, I'll be sure to check around this site for info! It is such a relief, isn't it! 

Good luck to you, too, on the next steps; and thanks for also letting me vent a little!

Fantastic news! 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

Same I129 received date, same country!

I'm Hoping the person who did yours and S*UK will be moving on to the next file (*OURS*) soon!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MJI said:

Thanks Estibaliz!

Lol, I just called, and the frustration just gets worse with the calls...

I'll try again on Friday.

The worse thing about all of this is the putting our lives on hold waiting for this to come through before making any other major decisions. 

My fiancé and I are a strong and secure couple, we would wait for each other for ages if necessary.  It took a long time to find each other (nearly half a century to meet the love of our lives!),  so what's a few days more?

But all our life decisions about where to live, what to do about work, does we sell the car or have the license renewed, where do we matriculate the kids, etc....

all that "life-stuff" gets in the way and each new one that has to be made without a known future path makes this experience more and more difficult every day.

Perspective shift--- He is the best person I could imagine to go through this with so...

I guess all I really have to say is, bring it on,... We're stronger than this.

Nice post.   The truth :)   Whether it is a day or a decade, it's just what you will do.  It's cool to be in a relationship like that - I know myself, Ann has been my rock through this whole ordeal.

Don't let calling stress you. You paid good money for the privilege of speaking to those guys lol 

I believe (could be wrong) that my case got shook loose by calling.  When I ratcheted up the level of contact - one tier 2 told me that my contacts with tier 2 marked my file with a 'client made contact' comment.  They knew someone cared enough to call the most :D   Don't let it get you down, but consider it as raising the level of interest in your case.  Call once a week until you are 5mos then twice a week.  Be sure to speak to tier2 each time.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Nice post.   The truth :)   Whether it is a day or a decade, it's just what you will do.  It's cool to be in a relationship like that - I know myself, Ann has been my rock through this whole ordeal.

Don't let calling stress you. You paid good money for the privilege of speaking to those guys lol 

I believe (could be wrong) that my case got shook loose by calling.  When I ratcheted up the level of contact - one tier 2 told me that my contacts with tier 2 marked my file with a 'client made contact' comment.  They knew someone cared enough to call the most :D   Don't let it get you down, but consider it as raising the level of interest in your case.  Call once a week until you are 5mos then twice a week.  Be sure to speak to tier2 each time.

Thanks for the encouragement and the great advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I called NVC and they gave me a case number but when I go to their website and enter case number it has a popup with a couple of links and can't get any information. Anyone know why?

Timeline

FOLLOW UP  From Todays' Discussion of DS-160 and Fee Payment

Today we were talking about USEM and waiting for ceac to say READY before submitting DS-160 and paying fee at bank......... I was told by 2 recent beneficiaries who told me I had to wait for READY 1st...

well, as it turns out, our great friend @Greenbaum has corrected me and this is not the case,   Go ahead and pay that sucker anytime you would like!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Steve and Joy said:

I called NVC and they gave me a case number but when I go to their website and enter case number it has a popup with a couple of links and can't get any information. Anyone know why?

case number is 3 letters and 10 digits long?

13 minutes ago, Steve and Joy said:

That tripped me up too at first.  However, look at the popup.  It has the status at the top.

It should probably say "At NVC" in bold blue letters. 

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone with an NOA1 date of april 13 with the California service center, received their NOA 2? My fiancee and I keep seeing people with later dates than ours getting approved and its just frustrating not hearing anything about our case. :(

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ColdSummer said:

Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone with an NOA1 date of april 13 with the California service center, received their NOA 2? My fiancee and I keep seeing people with later dates than ours getting approved and its just frustrating not hearing anything about our case. :(

They approved over 1700 others after my date before they came back to me.  It's just how they do it.

Keep an eye on http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=  to see who is reporting being approved in this venue.  VJ is about 8 point something percent of all filers - so remember it is just a 13th of the total pie, and some results will vary

Timeline
8 hours ago, fishereb said:

Hello!

This may be an obvious question, but the tracker is just the uscis website, right? Or is there a more detailed tracker..?

Thank you 

Hi sorry for the late reply. Time zone difference 😊 most members here are using 2 different tracker. USCIS tracker, one that I am using where I received our case update the day after we called and the other one is USCIS tracker pro where you can scan hundred cases around your case number. Its both an app you can download. Different from the USCIS website.I hope that is what you are asking. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ColdSummer said:

April 13th here and feeling it TOO...😒

Fingers crossed 🤞and a 🙏 That our caseworker has an awesomely productive day tomorrow with a couple of double shot expressos ☕️ to speed up his/her reaction time and approves ours soon.  I'd even send him/ her a pizza and UberEATS a Starbucks to him/her at this point, lol

Timeline
22 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

They approved over 1700 others after my date before they came back to me.  It's just how they do it.

Keep an eye on http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=  to see who is reporting being approved in this venue.  VJ is about 8 point something percent of all filers - so remember it is just a 13th of the total pie, and some results will vary

Priceless information!  Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, MJI said:

Congratulations!!!

GREEN with envy but CLAPPING LOUDLY and jumping up and down for you!!

Awesome. I am at Day 131.. 🤙

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.