8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zzyzx said:

Day 133....  

Just received email notification of NOA2!   :)

Congratulations!!!

GREEN with envy but CLAPPING LOUDLY and jumping up and down for you!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, vcpdragon said:

Yeah ... It's gonna be just fine I think ... I've read time and time again people think they know what it is and then it's totally not what they were thinking ... So we'll just have to see, I'll be prepared either way. Thank you All for the encouragement... You guys have been such a huge help for me!!! 

i keep my fingers crossed for you ! 

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

Man ... I'd take it and run with it 😂 ... two weeks .. I'll be looking to my notification next Monday 😂 fingers crossed anyways ... Glad to hear its out the door and on the way to you! Here's hoping for a quick turn around for you!! 

Same for you my friend. That service only cost me $600 for that RFE. I should have trusted my own ability and just made the time to complete it myself.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris2870 said:

RFE mailed to me today yay!!!!........ok yay is a bit strong but I'll take what I can get.

Wish ya luck!   Hope itsa e z fix and goes right back at em next day

btw, loved your hashtag today :D    # B S cracked me up

Funny in one of my posts today I said the word C  rap and got censured!   I have such a potty mouth!!!!!  :rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

NOA2 is valid strictly 4 months ... during this time you must be interviewed at the embassy no later than the end date, otherwise the entire process must begin anew, by filing a petition I-129f

Exceptions can be in extraordinary situations, on official request, it is better to use the help of attorney in such cases.

No, you can contact the embassy and get an extensions.  It is not that difficult, and you don't need an attorney for this.

Timeline

OK, who feels the same way....  

Struggling with the desire to call someone at the USCIS (I've already called 2 times "we're still working on February, you'll have to be patient" calls...)

Yet REALIZING that the more calls they get from impatient and worried folks like myself

probably takes someone off the work that has to be done to get the stamps of approval through.

SIGH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Quick question. I am a May filer, but I thought I will post the question here. If your interview is in Mumbai or Delhi, do you have to do medical there as well, or can you do medical in Chennai? Fingerprinting, at least, we can schedule the day before the interview, so it doesn't matter that much. thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, kannan said:

Quick question. I am a May filer, but I thought I will post the question here. If your interview is in Mumbai or Delhi, do you have to do medical there as well, or can you do medical in Chennai? Fingerprinting, at least, we can schedule the day before the interview, so it doesn't matter that much. thanks

You should post this question in country specific forum, or review the embassy web site which will have specific instructions for this.

Edited by tanderson64
more info.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
22 minutes ago, MJI said:

OK, who feels the same way....  

Struggling with the desire to call someone at the USCIS (I've already called 2 times "we're still working on February, you'll have to be patient" calls...)

Yet REALIZING that the more calls they get from impatient and worried folks like myself

probably takes someone off the work that has to be done to get the stamps of approval through.

SIGH

Well, I don't really know how calling can impact your case for the bad (I hardly doubt that's going to happen), but no worries about taking anyone off work, since you are calling the Customer Service Center, not USCIS really... And even when you talk to a Tier 2, they are not the adjudicators working on cases.

My point... Don't have a bad conscience or struggle about calling, though most of the time doing so is just frustrating :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PapaBear&Monkey said:

Hello everyone. We received our NOA2 in the mail today, dated 8/23/17. No text, email, or USCIS update. I cannot stress this enough if you're still waiting, keep yourself busy, do take care of yourself, be hopeful, and most especially don't get frustrated with your SO! Poor thing had bad days the past 3 weeks because I was always/near crying. If I can be truthful, I avoided the forums because I didn't want to see happy people. -_- Be hopeful and keep yourselves busy! 

Congratulations! :jest:

Received date, please? :P

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Congratulations! :jest:

Received date, please? :P

Hi Estibaliz. Is my signature okay? Sorry, I don't remember when I received my NOA1. 

4/4/17 - I-129F sent to Dallas, TX (USPS)

4/10/17 - I-129F Received Date

4/13/17 - NOA1/Text and Email Notifications

8/23/17 - NOA2 (No text/email/USCIS update)

8/28/17 - NOA2 Received date

9/5/17 - NVC Received (Phone call)

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Well, I don't really know how calling can impact your case for the bad (I hardly doubt that's going to happen), but no worries about taking anyone off work, since you are calling the Customer Service Center, not USCIS really... And even when you talk to a Tier 2, they are not the adjudicators working on cases.

My point... Don't have a bad conscience or struggle about calling, though most of the time doing so is just frustrating :)

Thanks Estibaliz!

Lol, I just called, and the frustration just gets worse with the calls...

I'll try again on Friday.

The worse thing about all of this is the putting our lives on hold waiting for this to come through before making any other major decisions. 

My fiancé and I are a strong and secure couple, we would wait for each other for ages if necessary.  It took a long time to find each other (nearly half a century to meet the love of our lives!),  so what's a few days more?

But all our life decisions about where to live, what to do about work, does we sell the car or have the license renewed, where do we matriculate the kids, etc....

all that "life-stuff" gets in the way and each new one that has to be made without a known future path makes this experience more and more difficult every day.

Perspective shift--- He is the best person I could imagine to go through this with so...

I guess all I really have to say is, bring it on,... We're stronger than this.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, PapaBear&Monkey said:

Hello everyone. We received our NOA2 in the mail today, dated 8/23/17. No text, email, or USCIS update. I cannot stress this enough if you're still waiting, keep yourself busy, do take care of yourself, be hopeful, and most especially don't get frustrated with your SO! Poor thing had bad days the past 3 weeks because I was always/near crying. If I can be truthful, I avoided the forums because I didn't want to see happy people. -_- Be hopeful and keep yourselves busy! 

Congrats!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.