8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Y'know, I'm curious...seems like most, if not all of the posts here end up with people getting approved NOA2's. So does anyone NOT get approved? Yeah, the wait can be frustrating, but in the end are the chances of approval almost 100%? 

March 30, 2017: I-129F Received by USCIS

April 19, 2017: NOA1

August 18, 2017: RFE Sent (Fiance intent to marry letter)

August 25, 2017: RFE Received

August 26, 2107: Evidence Sent

August 28, 2017: Evidence Received (Online Status Update)

September 5, 2017: NOA2 (based on website status update; no mail yet)

September 7, 2017: NOA2 Hardcopy received in US Mail

September 19, 2017: NVC Received case (based on phone call; received Case # and Invoice ID)

September 21, 2017: NVC Forwarded to embassy Manila

September 25, 2017: Embassy Received

September 29, 2017: NVC Letter Received in US mail (required for physical)

October 3, 2107: "OK to schedule interview" letter received from embassy via email

December 30, 2017: Medical Clearance

January 30, 2018: K-1 Visa Interview and RFE

March 8, 2018: K-1 Visa Approval

(...marriage and lots of happiness...)

May 25: Rejection notice for I-485/I-765 due to I-765 fees not required when filing both applications together

May 31: I-485/I-765 applications received by Chicago
June 22: Received letter saying biometrics is scheduled
July 9: Biometrics Completed
July 19: Online status updated to say "Ready to schedule interview"
Aug 1: Online status updated to say "Interview has been scheduled"
Aug 6: Received letter saying interview scheduled for Sept. 10

Sept 10: Interview complete, approved on the spot. USCIS Case Status website shows "we ordered your new card"

Sept 15: Online case status updated to say "Card was shipped on Sept. 13"

Sept 17: Green card received via USPS Priority Mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Good Morning all you disgruntled unapproved April filers (Myself included) :lol:

Congrats to the new approvals!

I have finally caught up to my estimated adjudicated date range! Here is to a day full of mailbox approvals!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JimInUS said:

Y'know, I'm curious...seems like most, if not all of the posts here end up with people getting approved NOA2's. So does anyone NOT get approved? Yeah, the wait can be frustrating, but in the end are the chances of approval almost 100%? 

Yes, Some people do not get approved. However, I have not heard of any as I think it is a small percent.  If your looking at the processing times tab  here on VJ and see all the filers from the beginning of the year and wondering why they have not been approved, More then likely they have. They just haven't got on VJ to update their timeline. If you click on their profile you can see that most of them have not logged in for a few months. That is why the Bar graph on that tab is also never at 100% for the past few months. 

Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For some reason I thought I'd read here that the turn-around time from the USCIS receiving the evidence required in an RFE and the NOA2 approval might be only a few days. But I just saw a timeline where it was like a month? Is that what folks are experiencing? I sure hope not. 

March 30, 2017: I-129F Received by USCIS

April 19, 2017: NOA1

August 18, 2017: RFE Sent (Fiance intent to marry letter)

August 25, 2017: RFE Received

August 26, 2107: Evidence Sent

August 28, 2017: Evidence Received (Online Status Update)

September 5, 2017: NOA2 (based on website status update; no mail yet)

September 7, 2017: NOA2 Hardcopy received in US Mail

September 19, 2017: NVC Received case (based on phone call; received Case # and Invoice ID)

September 21, 2017: NVC Forwarded to embassy Manila

September 25, 2017: Embassy Received

September 29, 2017: NVC Letter Received in US mail (required for physical)

October 3, 2107: "OK to schedule interview" letter received from embassy via email

December 30, 2017: Medical Clearance

January 30, 2018: K-1 Visa Interview and RFE

March 8, 2018: K-1 Visa Approval

(...marriage and lots of happiness...)

May 25: Rejection notice for I-485/I-765 due to I-765 fees not required when filing both applications together

May 31: I-485/I-765 applications received by Chicago
June 22: Received letter saying biometrics is scheduled
July 9: Biometrics Completed
July 19: Online status updated to say "Ready to schedule interview"
Aug 1: Online status updated to say "Interview has been scheduled"
Aug 6: Received letter saying interview scheduled for Sept. 10

Sept 10: Interview complete, approved on the spot. USCIS Case Status website shows "we ordered your new card"

Sept 15: Online case status updated to say "Card was shipped on Sept. 13"

Sept 17: Green card received via USPS Priority Mail

Morning Guys,

I was coming to seek some advice, I'm still pending my NOA-2 but wanted to start to gathering documents for the i-134 evidence.
Myself and my fiancé have both lived abroad in Hong Kong for over 2 years and this is where we both met. She has since moved back to the states at the start of the year and myself back to the UK.
As a result of being abroad her most recent filed 1040 tax return from 2016 had almost no USD amount on it as a result of getting paid locally abroad.
She has helped to gather her last 3 years of transcripts/returns, and both 2014, and 2015 are 4x above the minimum income.
Since moving back home in Feb 2017 she has taken a full time position which is 6x the minimal income.
We have got evidence showing she has substantial money in her US bank accounts through official bank statements, gathered a letter from her company that confirms her yearly salary and she has also gathered monthly pay stubs showing income along with w-2's from 2014, 2015.

I'm looking for an answer regarding if the 2016 income tax return which shows effectively no income in the US will go against us as she was below the minimum amount  as we were earning abroad. Would this effect our application, or would we require a co-sponsor as that particular year was below the minimum?

Apologies for the long message, hope someone can help,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, S*UK said:

So...

just got off the phone with my fiancé. I have given him all the tips to call USCIS later today hoping that we can find out something today....

when....

he tells me 'babe we were approved yesterday! I got the letter late last night' 

I am at work crying I'm so happy 

Received: 4/10

NOA1: 4/13

NOA2: 8/19

That's awesome! So happy to hear you finally got it. Hopefully mine is also in the mail! Though I've told myself not to expect anything before then end of August and possibly even that 150 day mark.

50 minutes ago, TomC88 said:

Hey @S*UK

Firstly, Congratulations on receiving your NOA2, you must be buzzing!

I have been lurking around this forum for ages, but can see that your from the U.K, and also received your NOA1 on April 13th, so feel it's time to pipe up! Out of curiosity, are you able to say what the last few digits of your receipt were? This wait is really becoming tedious now, and I would love to have a little glimmer of hope!

I second that if you feel ok to leave your last few numbers on the page. Mine are ...83542

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
8 minutes ago, sunj said:

Morning Guys,

I was coming to seek some advice, I'm still pending my NOA-2 but wanted to start to gathering documents for the i-134 evidence.
Myself and my fiancé have both lived abroad in Hong Kong for over 2 years and this is where we both met. She has since moved back to the states at the start of the year and myself back to the UK.
As a result of being abroad her most recent filed 1040 tax return from 2016 had almost no USD amount on it as a result of getting paid locally abroad.
She has helped to gather her last 3 years of transcripts/returns, and both 2014, and 2015 are 4x above the minimum income.
Since moving back home in Feb 2017 she has taken a full time position which is 6x the minimal income.
We have got evidence showing she has substantial money in her US bank accounts through official bank statements, gathered a letter from her company that confirms her yearly salary and she has also gathered monthly pay stubs showing income along with w-2's from 2014, 2015.

I'm looking for an answer regarding if the 2016 income tax return which shows effectively no income in the US will go against us as she was below the minimum amount  as we were earning abroad. Would this effect our application, or would we require a co-sponsor as that particular year was below the minimum?

Maybe you should ask for advice to someone that has already gone through the Embassy stage in UK, to see what they really ask for (in terms of documents) once at the interview, but my general impression is you should be more than fine.

They care about the current situation more than about taxes from previous years (you could have done great last year but being under the requirements now), I think, so it seems to me that's perfectly covered and the situation with you being working abroad is perfectly understandable.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sunj said:

Morning Guys,

I was having the same issue as I graduated college last year and didn't make enough on my tax returns. I believe we came to the consensus that it only matters what your current income is, but that the taxes help show a stable income history over time, and if you're cheating on them, which would be another issue. And, when you think about it, if you are filing the I-134 and supplying a tax return, well that is outdated, and for us, it will be outdated by 9-12 months, so surely they can't judge you based off of that for your current income. You'll want to have paystubs for a few months to show a steady income and you'll also need employer verification that follows this format as found in Form I-134 Instructions document on page 3 of 6, Supporting Evidence, subsection B (https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134instr.pdf):

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:

1.      Date and nature of employment;

2.      Salary paid; and

3.      Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

Also, know that no where in the form does it say that you must meet the requirement on your previous year's tax returns.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Maybe you should ask for advice to someone that has already gone through the Embassy stage in UK, to see what they really ask for (in terms of documents) once at the interview, but my general impression is you should be more than fine.

They care about the current situation more than about taxes from previous years (you could have done great last year but being under the requirements now), I think, so it seems to me that's perfectly covered and the situation with you being working abroad is perfectly understandable.

@sunj Yes, definitely check to see what all the embassy will need from you, as it changes from country to country, and they will most likely ask for evidence in addition to what you must submit with the I-134. But, also make sure you include every piece of evidence that must be submitted in conjunction with the I-134 per the instructions form (https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134instr.pdf). A good resource would be the portal for your country, but the Packet 3 from your embassy will be the final say of what you officially need.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys I got a question: the noa1 date is the date they received it or  the notice date? I know it's a dumb question, but I just got a little confused with it now

Edited by dcarolina

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JimInUS said:

For some reason I thought I'd read here that the turn-around time from the USCIS receiving the evidence required in an RFE and the NOA2 approval might be only a few days. But I just saw a timeline where it was like a month? Is that what folks are experiencing? I sure hope not. 

Its not always the same for each RFE. Some are about a week some are a month+. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, dcarolina said:

Guys I got a question: the noa2 date is the date they received it or  the notice date? I know it's a dumb question, but I just got a little confused with it now

Received date is for NOA1 when you first submit your I-129F. NOA1 has a notice date as well. I can guess the NOA2 only has a notice date but don't know yet! I Hopefully will know this answer very soon!

Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.