8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I kind of dread going to my mailbox, because I feel like I will be disappointed not seeing NOA 2. It was so nice to feel pleasantly surprised when NOA1 was received so quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, Jeff and Alina said:

I just called the NVC and the CSR said they just received our packet today. Our NOA2 was 8/10, it took 12 days for transit? He said they have up to 2 weeks to enter the case and assign a number. I will be calling every evening starting tomorrow . . . 

Did you call the 0700 number ?

21 hours ago, Estibaliz said:
1 hour ago, Estibaliz said:

Has anyone from April 14 gotten approved yet? I'm getting kinda anxious here 

3 minutes ago, An&In said:

A couple weeks back the case status was working fine. The past few days people have been finding out through the post and their status still says case was received. It can go either way.

Has anyone from April 14 gotten approved yet? I'm getting kinda anxious here haha 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, KeriAn said:

congrats!!! @shawndee as well!! My same exacr dates too @JeniandMatt Aaaah. good news after a horrible day. My number ends in 98:jest:

So you are my timeline twin too. I've started following your timeline incase you get your approval I will never miss. Hope we get our approval this week 😊

1 minute ago, Jb1 said:

Only two ppl I know of. One i think was an expedite and the other was just lucky. That was a couple weeks ago tho

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

1 minute ago, JeniandMatt said:

So you are my timeline twin too. I've started following your timeline incase you get your approval I will never miss. Hope we get our approval this week 😊

Yes :D Quadruplets :) Well Vj based atleast. Ill do the same

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, relaxango said:

Just a quick question. We got our NOA2 approved 8th August, how long is the timespan from getting that to the NVC issuing a case number? And are people calling them for updates?

Recent experience from others I have talked to tell me that it take about a week and a half for NVC to receive petition package, and then quick for the embassy to get package.

So start calling.  Our approval was 11 August, and I will start calling tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For those immigrating from Russia, I hope this doesn't affect you.  My prayers for a quick approval and visa.

Moscow Visa's

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So we are at 138 days. I talked to a tier 2 agent today and all I got told was it's processing. I am just making sure that there is recourse to speed them up. I know I have seen a approvals from up to a week after our NOA1. I know there are lots of people waiting, but all the approvals after us are starting to really depressing my fiancee.

Filed: March 31, 2017

Received: April 3rd, 2017

NOA1: April 6th, 2017

G1145 Notification:April 7th, 2017

Hard Copy received in mail: April 14th, 2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, asaeljethro said:

I know right? we could have scheduled an appointment for Aug29 as well. Meaning she could be here at the US within a month after NOA2 date. crazy huh?

but she wants to take her time and spend the last couple months with her family before moving here.

Lol. We have a saying in Spain that says "Dios da pan a quien no tiene dientes"... Literally, 'God gives bread to the ones that have no teeth'.

Here I am, wanting to be done and gone right away in a country where the process can be quite long because they are strict with the steps and when you are allowed to do things... And your fiancée is in no rush when she could be quickly done :o

Of course, that's always a personal decision, and I'm sure your other half is doing the right thing :) So good you can be done with the stress soon, but enjoying doing things at your pace.

1 hour ago, BlueCinderella said:

Can someone tell me if the USCIS will update the case status online and text when they send out the NOA 2? 

The case tracker stop updating for Approvals early May (over 3 months ago) and it very rarely works anymore. So unless you get approved in one of those rare days where it does update, no email either :(

@Jeff and Anao Oops, sorry. I tagged the wrong people and can't fix it now.

@Jeff and Alina Thank you for the update, that

gives me some hope for when we call tomorrow. Most of the time they assign the number same day they received the case. So good luck for tomorrow to you too :D

Edited by Estibaliz

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

For those immigrating from Russia, I hope this doesn't affect you.  My prayers for a quick approval and visa.

Moscow Visa's

I believe this freeze affects Non-Immigrant visas only. K1 is family based immigrant visa

Timeline

So I guess, one of these days I'll just see a "gift" in my mailbox instead of an email or text... We honestly cannot wait to get som news soon enough. We are both depressed and stressed waiting for news.

Timeline
1 minute ago, BlueCinderella said:

So I guess, one of these days I'll just see a "gift" in my mailbox instead of an email or text... We honestly cannot wait to get som news soon enough. We are both depressed and stressed waiting for news.

You're not alone there. Stress related health issues too for both of us. We're not weak people, we're just not fully "alive" right now, if that makes sense.

Timeline

I'm glad I'm not alone, I had hives while I was compiling all of the paperwork to send in.  I feel like the delays are stressful for us. My fiance does not feel supported by his family, so we are just anxious for his paperwork to be processed so that we can move on with our lives. It's not easy to feel completely helpless because there's nothing that I can do to make things go faster. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.