8,297 posts in this topic

Congrats to anyone who received their NOA2. I'm kinda late to the party today, actually doing some work at my job today...lol!

I saw the Bulgaria approval and figured that had to be someone in here. Yaaayyy!!!

Now, if things can only be more consistent. Hmmmmmm.......

A day closer for my Aprilites is a petition out of the way for my May petition!!!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, kat.cap13 said:

Wow you're a very patient person! This process will really test that. Right now I see my fiancé on a monthly basis, but thats only because of geography and no visa physical visa required for tourists between our countries.

Welcome to the group!! I hope you hear something very soon :) 

It's hard, I'm not gonna sugar coat it. I'm slowly losing my sanity but I know our NOA2 is right around the corner. It should be here soon. Just as long as I'm not one of those people still getting their NOA2's in November and December, I'll be a happy chick. You're incredibly lucky though! If it wasn't for a few life circumstances right now, I would either hop to Australia to visit him or have him come here. Were trying to save up as much money as possible. Luckily, I have a co-sponsor since I don't reach the income requirements. 

Thanks again. :) 

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

It is good news... They are working on April! See my previous post about an April received date case getting a RFE today :)

I'm over the moon :P

Ahh missed that.  But I now notice that rainbow.sprinkles got an email that their notice is coming also.  So 2 good pieces of news.  Congrats to rainbow.sprinkles! 

3 minutes ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

Hi everyone. I filed on March 31st and got my NOA1 on April 7th. I just got a notification for an RFE on August 2nd. Hoping that it's quick and easy so I can still get my NOA2 this month. 

It seems you are one of the very first April cases to be touched! So congrats on that. Heres hoping a swift NOA2 after your RFE. Positive vibes ^_^

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

Hi everyone. I filed on March 31st and got my NOA1 on April 7th. I just got a notification for an RFE on August 2nd. Hoping that it's quick and easy so I can still get my NOA2 this month. 

What was the RFE for?  The good news is you know your case is being touched. :)  Enhorabuena!  Keep us posted!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Wow, Aprilites! Sure you were chatty today while I was out enjoying the sunny weather.

@Chris2870 Medical here used to be around $300 too, and I think I read somewhere the raise had to do with them including the urine test for gonorrhea.

For those you asking, I found the info about the required vaccines on the clinic website. I'm attaching the English version of the file here, see page 5 there.

@amishbaby Welcome to the show! It's quiet now, but we are anticipating the party :)

@rainbow.sprinkle Congrats! Another 4/4 to the counter :jest:

@cameradiary Thanks for the mention, but you being organized is only your doing :)

Lol, not sure if there was anything else I wanted to say :P

English_Ver_INFO_VISAS.pdf

@Estibaliz, me and you both hangout in the March group. It's good to be here. :P It seems this is more my territory as it stands with so many getting their approvals in the March forum, but everyone is still waiting here in April. It makes me feel more normal, so to speak. :lol:

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I will not know what the RFE is for until I get it in the mail. If it was mailed today from California, i will likely receive it on Saturday or Monday (I'm in Texas).  I'll respond to the thread once I know.  The only thing I can think of is that my fiance's passport photo was slightly smaller than mine because he took his in Spain and I took mine at Walgreens. I can't believe that actually matters. 

18 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Yup between the both of us, we'll keep everyone updated. USCIS doesn't seem to be so somebody's gotta do it. ;)

And I actually leave next Thursday but if I was rich and owned my own private jet, well...I would be there right now. :P

If you  had a private jet I would ask for a ride.  I head down Saturday.  But if I was rich, I would live in Jamaica.

Just now, Kacie and Ivan said:

I will not know what the RFE is for until I get it in the mail. If it was mailed today from California, i will likely receive it on Saturday or Monday (I'm in Texas).  I'll respond to the thread once I know.  The only thing I can think of is that my fiance's passport photo was slightly smaller than mine because he took his in Spain and I took mine at Walgreens. I can't believe that actually matters. 

Who knows if USCIS is that picky (probably though…). We got ours at Walgreens as well.

Hoping this is a quick fix and won't delay you to long!! 

1 minute ago, spike198 said:

If you  had a private jet I would ask for a ride.  I head down Saturday.  But if I was rich, I would live in Jamaica.

I would scoop you up with no problem, mon! ;)

I'll be down there next Thursday late evening. My flight gets in 10:36pm Jamaica time. I chose a evening flight because I'm gonna go to work that day and drive straight to the airport from there. I save a vacation day leaving in the evening.

I have a 2 1/2 hour layover in Florida so I might have my dad scoop me up for a quick dinner before getting on my connection. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

3 minutes ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

I dont think that would be a reasonable reason. My fiance spelled my capital wrong (where i will have my  interview) . when i saw it was about to fall from the chair... since he books tickets twice and should have noticed  how to spell it. luckly it didn`t affect. 

A lot of people have RFE because of the intend to marry in 90 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, rainbow.sprinkle said:

I dont think that would be a reasonable reason. My fiance spelled my capital wrong (where i will have my  interview) . when i saw it was about to fall from the chair... since he books tickets twice and should have noticed  how to spell it. luckly it didn`t affect. 

A lot of people have RFE because of the intend to marry in 90 days

What do you mean about the intent to marry in 90 days? Don't we all intend to marry within 90 days? We both provided letters saying that we would, and both of them were signed. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

That very well could be the reason.  The USA passport and visa photos should be a square shaped 2 in x 2 in.  Where the Spanish photos are rectangular.  Not following instructions exactly as stated can lead to RFE's, even though it may not make sense.  If that is the reason should be an easy fix on your part. :)   

What do you mean about the intent to marry in 90 days? Don't we all intend to marry within 90 days? We both provided letters saying that we would, and both of them were signed. 

What they mean is the signed letter stating intent to marry in 90 days.  Sometimes people forget to put them in the packet. 

Edited by Cruise77

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

I think it was referencing the Letter of Intent to Marry in 90 Days. I've seen a few omitted and it's a sure RFE. You included yours so it's not that. 

Edited by lon552

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.