1,252 posts in this topic

Timeline
15 hours ago, dandydee said:

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for a while and have found everyone to be really kind and helpful to one another!  So I just wanted to share my update:

Nebraska USCIS office

Husband Australian

NOA1 - April 4, 2017

NOA2 - Jan 2nd, 2018

What a great way to start off the new year!  I've already updated my timeline.  :)  Best of luck to everyone else waiting!  I've been following a few more April and March filers and it looks like they're working their way through them.

wow congrats and thanks for sharing. my center is also nebraska and noa1 is april 12, 17 so maybe im getting close too

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all,

Happy New Year!

I have a question, like i told in my previous comments that on Dec 5th I received a response on an inquiry I did that my case is being adjudicated and I should get a notice within 45 days.. 45 days qill be completed on January 20th and i haven't received anything still waiting on NOA2. I tried initiating another inquiry but i was getting a message (a previous inquuiry has been submitted and I can't send another one at this time).. does anyone know when I can submit a second inquiry?

Edited by Mdanish4

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Hello all,

Happy New Year!

I have a question, like i told in my previous comments that on Dec 5th I received a response on an inquiry I did that my case is being adjudicated and I should get a notice within 45 days.. 45 days qill be completed on January 20th and i haven't received anything still waiting on NOA2. I tried initiating another inquiry but i was getting a message (a previous inquuiry has been submitted and I can't send another one at this time).. does anyone know when I can submit a second inquiry?

My guess would be after January 20th...but hopefully you'll get the NOA2 before then!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Hi all,

I was informed that because of travel ban there is no immigration visa for people from those 6 nations. I have applied for GC for my parents and I just mailed the documents to NVC, and learned that the Console will not grant a visa because they are Iranian. any idea on this? This has been a shock to me :(

Edited by peti30_parent

Timeline
On 1/3/2018 at 5:27 PM, MrsAni said:

I'm glad I could help😊.  I'm here if you need anything else

one more quick question. for nvc step, it states to send previous marriage termination document. does that apply to beneficiary, petitioner, or both?

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 1/6/2018 at 5:48 AM, californiagc said:

Any update from anyone on California Service Center ?

My PD is April 20 and still waiting.

Screenshot_2018-01-06-15-57-33-76.png

Screenshot_2018-01-06-17-08-42-63.png

Screenshot_2018-01-06-17-09-48-30.png

Screenshot_2018-01-06-17-11-48-78.png

Edited by Juliar

Timeline

I am also from California Service Center. My pd may 24, 2017. You can see these photos which I have send recently. On December 2017, they are processing the cases of October 2016. Due to the election of last year, LPR spouse process have been paused, now they starts work on it. We talked to tier 2 officer on December 29, he said we (may fillers) should wait another 5 to 7 months to get approval of i-130 (on 14 months), luckily we can hear soon. Anyway it's confirmed LPR's spouse should wait 2 years to meet to see their beloved ones. 

Edited by Juliar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&H. said:

one more quick question. for nvc step, it states to send previous marriage termination document. does that apply to beneficiary, petitioner, or both?

It's better to be safe,  than sorry.   Apply it to both

Timeline
10 hours ago, MrsAni said:

It's better to be safe,  than sorry.   Apply it to both

good point. i feel they can make over all process more straightforward. like online it doesnt say for who but on the pic harsh sent its under beneficiary. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline

is there a thread for the nvc process where we can go to after we're approved by uscis? 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

12 hours ago, Juliar said:

I am also from California Service Center. My pd may 24, 2017. You can see these photos which I have send recently. On December 2017, they are processing the cases of October 2016. Due to the election of last year, LPR spouse process have been paused, now they starts work on it. We talked to tier 2 officer on December 29, he said we (may fillers) should wait another 5 to 7 months to get approval of i-130 (on 14 months), luckily we can hear soon. Anyway it's confirmed LPR's spouse should wait 2 years to meet to see their beloved ones. 

Thank you for your detailed post. if it’s more than a year. should i do my medical examination again ? can i140 get approved before i130? what happens in that case ?

i appreciate it. where can we get this case numbers to see which month they are doing ? 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, californiagc said:

Thank you for your detailed post. if it’s more than a year. should i do my medical examination again ? can i140 get approved before i130? what happens in that case ?

i appreciate it. where can we get this case numbers to see which month they are doing ? 

I shared what I know. I don't know about i-140... Because we just applied i-130.

Timeline

to nvc, can we send tax return instead of tax transcript. its easier to obtain the tax return which I can print right after filing where the tax transcript takes 1-2 months to get to the irs system. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.