1,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsAni said:

Wow is right Pink_waters.  I've been requesting a duplicate copy of the NOA1 ever since May 3rd (since the post office said it was undeliverable).  I'm still hopeful.   We will get through this!

Yes we all will hopefully, we just need to be a little patient. I wish you good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, MrsAni said:

Wow is right Pink_waters.  I've been requesting a duplicate copy of the NOA1 ever since May 3rd (since the post office said it was undeliverable).  I'm still hopeful.   We will get through this!

Did you get the text or email back in April? If your priority date is April 3rd, according to them, then it just might have been a slight problem with postal delivery. Potomac actually seems to be the fastest right now...I believe they are well into February with processing! I'm at Texas & they have slowed down so much! What does your timeline say for estimated approval? Mine keeps fluctuating from end of September to the middle of November. 

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Did you get the text or email back in April? If your priority date is April 3rd, according to them, then it just might have been a slight problem with postal delivery. Potomac actually seems to be the fastest right now...I believe they are well into February with processing! I'm at Texas & they have slowed down so much! What does your timeline say for estimated approval? Mine keeps fluctuating from end of September to the middle of November. 

Yes my PD is April 3rd and I received the email notification but it never mentioned if it was denied, or if they needed more info (RFE).  You can't imagine how I felt up until yesterday after receiving the hard copy of the first NOA1 lol.   

My timeline suggests that my application should be approved between Aug 27 and 28.  But I'm hoping before then

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Pink_Waters said:

Yes we all will hopefully, we just need to be a little patient. I wish you good luck :)

You are right.  Thank you I wish the same for you 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, MrsAni said:

Yes my PD is April 3rd and I received the email notification but it never mentioned if it was denied, or if they needed more info (RFE).  You can't imagine how I felt up until yesterday after receiving the hard copy of the first NOA1 lol.   

My timeline suggests that my application should be approved between Aug 27 and 28.  But I'm hoping before then

That's great then! They wouldn't tell you then if you had an RFE, they need to review it first...that will be the next step...they'll either give you the NOA2 or RFE. Congrats on getting Potomac! I'm praying for October the latest!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

On 7/25/2017 at 9:08 AM, truelove29 said:

That's great then! They wouldn't tell you then if you had an RFE, they need to review it first...that will be the next step...they'll either give you the NOA2 or RFE. Congrats on getting Potomac! I'm praying for October the latest!

I'm still a little confused by the whole entirety of the process. When does everyone expect it to be complete-ish for April filers? My husband might come visit in September. We don't want to miss any important things. 

03/17/2017: Married

04/07/2017: Sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

04/13/2017: Received confirmation text

04/17/2017: Received hardcopy NOA1 (TSC)

Timeline
1 hour ago, kimfrombabylon said:

I'm still a little confused by the whole entirety of the process. When does everyone expect it to be complete-ish for April filers? My husband might come visit in September. We don't want to miss any important things. 

It depends on what service center you start at...and then there's a lot of different variables when you get to the NVC stage. It's really frustrating not knowing exactly how long the whole process will take! My PD is April 25th & im at Texas. I don't think I'll get the NOA2 until October or November. For my embassy it seems like it's about 5 months from NVC receiving the case, to interview. So I'm hoping that by April he'll have his interview!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Hello everyone. Decided to join today so we could all support each other in this journey . Filed i130 for my wife in india... priority date is April 10, 2017 , Texas service center. Called uscis today because my receipt number is still invalid ...was told they working on it . Could not give me a generic timeline of approval.  Was told October 2016 applications are being reviewed currently for us citizens ... I hope they don't take this long... this distance is so hard =( . Goodluck everyone 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 minutes ago, RPlove2017 said:

Hello everyone. Decided to join today so we could all support each other in this journey . Filed i130 for my wife in india... priority date is April 10, 2017 , Texas service center. Called uscis today because my receipt number is still invalid ...was told they working on it . Could not give me a generic timeline of approval.  Was told October 2016 applications are being reviewed currently for us citizens ... I hope they don't take this long... this distance is so hard =( . Goodluck everyone 

Welcome RPlove2017

I am a April Filer also. My receipt number is invalid also. its so irritating but patience is what we need.. I am following a forum of january filers and about majority they are receeiving their NOA2's. so lets hope we get ours soon.. 

Any of you guys have received a  RFE ?

Timeline
16 hours ago, RPlove2017 said:

Paola.... patience is key ... but it's so hard lol. I hope everyone's process is timely and smooth. Looking forward to October as that is estimated timeline for noa2

Lets hope for October . Or Maybe Sooner.  When you can check your sttaus online please let us know 

or i will. 

Timeline

I'm at Texas, PD 4/25 & my receipt number is invalid as well. I called two months ago & had a supervisor call me back...she said that some receipt numbers never get entered online & that I would just have to call to get updates. Very annoying!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
1 hour ago, truelove29 said:

I'm at Texas, PD 4/25 & my receipt number is invalid as well. I called two months ago & had a supervisor call me back...she said that some receipt numbers never get entered online & that I would just have to call to get updates. Very annoying!

Glad I'm not the only one. It is very anoying but have you called to check status. It may be too early. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Paola93 said:

Glad I'm not the only one. It is very anoying but have you called to check status. It may be too early. 

I figure it's too early since they seem to just be getting to February petitions. I might call in a few weeks just for fun to see what they say lol. But I'm not expecting to hear anything until October. 

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.