1,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

@Googoozum yes! I'm trying to do the same with getting as much ready as possible...I don't want this process to be any longer than it has to be haha

Good to know about the police record...I'm hoping we'll get that & his birth certificate by end of June.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline

I think I might've made a mistake on our I-130...on page 8, question 62a it asks if the beneficiary will be applying from abroad at a U.S. Consulate or embassy...I thought that meant as in Direct Consular Filing (which you can't do in Turkey) so I put "n/a". I think I was supposed to put Ankara! Ugh, I hope this doesn't cause any issues...I know I have a while to find out, but now I'm worried about this.

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 4/28/2017 at 5:42 PM, truelove29 said:

On 5/20/2017 at 8:29 PM, truelove29 said:

After doing a lot of research tonight I see that my dad & I each have to fill out the I-864 & my mom will have to fill out the I-864a since they file jointly. I'll submit their last 3 years of tax return transcripts along with just one year of mine (2016). Better for me to be safe & include the joint sponsor now! The USCIS has the forms on their website so you can see what info you will need, along with detailed instructions on how to fill out the form, so I'm feeling a little better lol. If you can get to the U.S. & lock down a job, you can have your employer provide a letter stating your employment & salary...that would help...but that's great that you have the sponsor...that will be more important I think. Good luck to you as well, we're all in this together! :) 

If you just began working will an employer letter alone be satisfactory?

Edited by Anisha and Nikita

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Anisha and Nikita said:

I think if you started working now, since it will be several months by the time you submit anything to the NVC...then an employment letter should be good, along with maybe a few months worth of pay stubs (not sure exactly on how many pay stubs are sufficient). I also read that someone on here included a letter from their supervisor stating that they were very happy with their work and wants to continue employing them...that could be really helpful as well!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline
22 hours ago, truelove29 said:

I think if you started working now, since it will be several months by the time you submit anything to the NVC...then an employment letter should be good, along with maybe a few months worth of pay stubs (not sure exactly on how many pay stubs are sufficient). I also read that someone on here included a letter from their supervisor stating that they were very happy with their work and wants to continue employing them...that could be really helpful as well!

Thanks so much for the feedback!!!!

Timeline
On 5/23/2017 at 5:59 AM, truelove29 said:

I think I might've made a mistake on our I-130...on page 8, question 62a it asks if the beneficiary will be applying from abroad at a U.S. Consulate or embassy...I thought that meant as in Direct Consular Filing (which you can't do in Turkey) so I put "n/a". I think I was supposed to put Ankara! Ugh, I hope this doesn't cause any issues...I know I have a while to find out, but now I'm worried about this.

I just looked at a copy of my I-130 and yea I put Ankara there. Praying this doesn't cause an RFE for you. 

Edited by Googoozum

Timeline
On 5/27/2017 at 11:02 AM, Googoozum said:

I just looked at a copy of my I-130 and yea I put Ankara there. Praying this doesn't cause an RFE for you. 

Ugh, me too! 

Btw, I called USCIS today & they said to give them 45 days from the notice date to enter the case # into the system...so she said if it's still coming up as invalid on June 9th, to call back & they can look into it.

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello To All VisaJourneirs,

I am new here but I am a April Filer. A lawyer is doing my paper work he sent it out on april 12th and they received it on april 13th i got a NOA1 on april 17,2017. Still waiting for an approval. Best of luck to anyone. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well as we hang in limbo waiting for NOA2 :)

btw, I called USCIS after the 45 day mark since my receipt number is still coming up as invalid. I talked to a 2nd level supervisor & she wasn't very helpful. Basically she said that some receipt numbers never get entered into the system! So the only way to check the status is to call...very annoying! However, she said that my case is there & this doesn't affect the process. I know I still have several months until anything happens, but just frustrated that I won't be able to check it. I think I will call again the end of July to see if anything has changed with my case. 

Those of you that can check...what does your status say right now?

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, truelove29 said:

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well as we hang in limbo waiting for NOA2 :)

btw, I called USCIS after the 45 day mark since my receipt number is still coming up as invalid. I talked to a 2nd level supervisor & she wasn't very helpful. Basically she said that some receipt numbers never get entered into the system! So the only way to check the status is to call...very annoying! However, she said that my case is there & this doesn't affect the process. I know I still have several months until anything happens, but just frustrated that I won't be able to check it. I think I will call again the end of July to see if anything has changed with my case. 

Those of you that can check...what does your status say right now?

Case Was Received

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pink_Waters said:

Case Was Received

Ok thank you!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
10 hours ago, Minhaj88 said:

New here... i 130 Filed April 24th, 2017 sent to Potomac Service Center.  will wait now. Do you guys know when can we expect next notice?

Welcome! I filed the same date as you but was sent to Texas. I'm not exactly sure how long Potomac is taking but it seems about 5 months, same as Texas. You can do a search on here for Potomac and see what dates are currently being processed. Hopefully we'll hear something by the end of September if not sooner! 

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Hello April filers,

Our trip to Europe ended 1 week ago, and despite of the amazing time we spent together I feel terrible for had to said goodbye to the person I love.

Like if is not enough, I just returned to a place that is not anymore a country but a disaster place.

The pain continues but I'm more calm today so I was finally able to check visajourney after so long. There's good information and great people in here, but not checking it at all in over a month really made me feel less anxious about all this.

No updates for our case, and only bad news from VJ stimated time, now showing  November 14, 2017 and November 23, 2017 as the estimated date of adjudication...Is just terrible.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

VERY Important!! Please read this post. Could save you 11 weeks!! 

Hello, I know this is too early for you.. But after this long process you're going through, you'll have to start the NVC process.. Please open the following forum and bookmark it in your favorites (maybe create a bookmark folder called NVC).. Def want you to reference this when you reached the NVC stage of your processing.. 

I've created this because 1/3rd of our cases that are represented on our spreadsheet have received a checklist (it's like a RFE but for the NVC). Hopefully if you read this, it will reduce the chances of any of you from receiving one. Receiving a checklist can delay your case for 11 weeks (current processing time quoted by the NVC)..  

Good luck to you all!! Hope the above will help you.

Hang in there. I know it's a long journey ahead..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.