1,252 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 minutes ago, californiagc said:

Anyone still waiting for status update from California Service Center with PD April 20 or earlier ?

Mine still says Case was received 

im with nebraska and they received it april 12 and still has "case was received" status.

online says they're still working on jan 14 people and has been same for past 1-2 months. very slow unfortunately... 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

1 hour ago, H&H. said:

im with nebraska and they received it april 12 and still has "case was received" status.

online says they're still working on jan 14 people and has been same for past 1-2 months. very slow unfortunately... 

I m also in same boat mine is April 18 California service Center still has the case was received status. Hopefully end of Jan we should get some good news.

1 hour ago, KisAshu said:

I m also in same boat mine is April 18 California service Center still has the case was received status. Hopefully end of Jan we should get some good news.

Thank you guys for the update, it keeps me patient.

Please update your status if gets updated.

California Service Center been super slow these days.

Do we need to get new medical examination since it already will be almost a year by interview date ?

Just a quick question for everyone qt nvc....i was very annoying and diligent about calling nvc after my case approval...long story short i had given them my email over the phone and since then paid all fees and submitted docs...was i supposed to receive a welcome letter in the mail or not ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, RPlove2017 said:

Just a quick question for everyone qt nvc....i was very annoying and diligent about calling nvc after my case approval...long story short i had given them my email over the phone and since then paid all fees and submitted docs...was i supposed to receive a welcome letter in the mail or not ? 

If I understand you correctly, you submitted all civil documents right?  If so, you will not receive another email and/or postal mail notification until after your civil documents have been approved. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, MlIRAGE said:

Received today an email / The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview/ 

Good luck everybody .. and happy holiday 

Oh wow congratulations!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, RPlove2017 said:

Yeah you should receive welcome letter in mail but I have heard it takes a while sometimes to get 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Yeah you should receive welcome letter in mail but I have heard it takes a while sometimes to get 

You are right, I received welcome e-mail on Nov 13th from NVC with fees to pay and checklist but my wife who is in India received the letter in mail just today, more than one month later. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, MlIRAGE said:

Thank you MrsAni ! 

Do u know how long it takes from this point to the doctor apointment ? 

It varies.  I'll give you my case: 

-NVC closed case on Dec 11th

-Email notification for interview appointment on Dec 15th

-Interview on January 10th

As long as you schedule the physical examination/immunizations 2 to 3 weeks prior to your interview, (to give the physician time to generate results) you should be fine. 

I'm excited for you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI everyone! Our case was at Potomac with a PD of April 19. I received text message and an email today stating there has been an update to our case and to check the online case status for more information. When I checked the status had changed  from case received  to case was sent to department of state on 12-22-2017. Potomac center averages 5-6 months but we waited over 8 months. I have not received an approval notice via mail yet. Those from April and May still waiting, it is coming. Keep the faith.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.