dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2017

933 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, aduragbemi said:

No not yet

Are you waiting for interview date from Lagos embassy as well?

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, jokim00 said:

Haha nono sorry for the misunderstanding. I was asking Mike what his CC date was not what it stood for. Thanks though^^

Ok. Got you. Np :)

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Post NVC: If you submited the i-864 pre tax deadline in 2016 , then would we just bring 2016 transcript and w2's to the interview? Because a persons current annual in december 2016 pre w2's could be different than gross annual income after filing in 2017

9 hours ago, Kate_ said:

no, no date yet... :( we are decided to wait one month and than proceed with the surgery here in Russia, we are looking for a good doctor so far...

our lawyer suggested to do a nonimmigrant visa for me to travel for surgery, but this means that I will need to leave as soon as the surgery is done and leave a toddler in recovery period with a full-time working father (and the baby knows him only by the internet) to finish the process here that can take up to 3-4 months....

Good luck with your upcoming interview! Fingers crossed!

I hope they let you stay a while after the surgery.  Even just a few weeks would be a great help I'm sure. 

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Hi guys!!! It's been a while! 

So I entered the US via Los Angeles Airport (LAX) POE two days ago. I didn't have any troubles at all with the immigration. The officer at the counter basically took my packet and passport (and gave back my x-ray CD), then radioed for someone else to come pick me and my husband up and take us to secondary check. I was only asked when we got married--the rest of the time he was inside his tiny room inputting stuff on his computer. After a few minutes he emerged from said room with instructions about green card mail, etc. He gave me a CR1 visa since we haven't been married for two years upon my entry. 

I kinda hoped he would say the usual "Welcome to America!" final words, but he didn't which was a bit anti-climactic lol. He mumbled a short "welcome" and we were on our way out. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting for interview dates and interviews! 

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

8 minutes ago, thegreatphoenix said:

So I entered the US via Los Angeles Airport (LAX) POE two days ago. I didn't have any troubles at all with the immigration. The officer at the counter basically took my packet and passport (and gave back my x-ray CD), then radioed for someone else to come pick me and my husband up and take us to secondary check. I was only asked when we got married--the rest of the time he was inside his tiny room inputting stuff on his computer. After a few minutes he emerged from said room with instructions about green card mail, etc. He gave me a CR1 visa since we haven't been married for two years upon my entry. 

I kinda hoped he would say the usual "Welcome to America!" final words, but he didn't which was a bit anti-climactic lol. He mumbled a short "welcome" and we were on our way out. 

glad to hear it all went well!  I was looking at flights (as my interview is next week and I'll fly basically within a week of my visa arriving) and thought I'd have to allow a 5+ hour layover in LAX .... before flying onto my final destination. But it sounds like it won't take that long, would you say I'm being over the top allowing that long? 

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, thegreatphoenix said:

pls did you use one way flight ticket or round trip ticket?

1 hour ago, Saheed said:

pls did you use one way flight ticket or round trip ticket?

Hello!

You don't need a round trip ticket, one way is fine, as you are immigrating. However, sometimes it is cheaper to buy the round trip than the one way ticket.

Good luck! :)

Scan Date: 01/26

CC: 04/06

Interview Date: Pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Petulc said:

Hello!

You don't need a round trip ticket, one way is fine, as you are immigrating. However, sometimes it is cheaper to buy the round trip than the one way ticket.

Good luck! :)

It's illogical  why round trip is cheaper than one way , but hey, what do I know? 😊

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, tafachua said:

Thank you ! I hope they give you early June interview !

5 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

I hope they let you stay a while after the surgery.  Even just a few weeks would be a great help I'm sure. 

Thank you, guys!

Good luck with your process! soon it will be done and we all be happy to reunite with our families :wub:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Quick question 

There is this paragraph in my P4 letter which requires registration of my appointment. I have created an account and selected a courier location but I can't get passed that. Hence, I can't access the confirmation page for registration. Any one with this problem??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.