dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2017

933 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Iraq
Timeline
13 hours ago, tafachua said:

I'm not sure if they give you the exact waybill number but u can track it using their shippers reference number . Ask them the date they sent ur files and visit http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html  For example if NVC told you that they sent it on April 17

input EXP 17 APR 2017A in the shipper's reference box .  Also, change the shipper's destination and track it. Usually NVC sends one or two files Per day depending on your embassy, of course.

Please help. I tried but didn't work I put exactly how I said and my case was sent 17 of April ، didn't work 

3 hours ago, penelope_Cy said:

I too had a lawyer (best money spent on this process hands down) and the only thing pending is the medical exam and additional evidence of relationship since the time we had filed. I have also asked the hubby to provide me with his 2016 tax return as additional financial support evidence in case they ask for it. Thankfully my country is super small so travel times are short! I will be taking my green binder with me (color coded for a reason :D)! 

Haha that makes three of us; I also had a lawyer and it was so worth it. Definitely gave me peace of mind and kept me from having to worry about everything being filed perfectly.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

4 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Congratulations to everyone who got scheduled for their interview last week and all of your who just received your case complete. I wish you all tons of luck in getting your visa approval and scheduled an interview. 

CC March-07 - No interview scheduled.

Called about an hour ago, was told they have stopped scheduling for May and will begin scheduling June interviews the first week of May. Good luck everyone. 

I wish you the best good luck,,,,,,I'm with you  waiting for our interviews,,,,cc march 28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello all.. 

Quick question, do we have to fill in a new 1-1864 (AOS) for the new tax year? Or do I just take the original form that was sent to NVC

Sorry for dumb question 😳

13 minutes ago, Nutella said:

Hello all.. 

Quick question, do we have to fill in a new 1-1864 (AOS) for the new tax year? Or do I just take the original form that was sent to NVC

Sorry for dumb question 😳

Yes you have to fill out a new I-864 for the new tax year and I would bring all originals that you sent to NVC:) 

44 minutes ago, Eddy 49 said:

I wish you the best good luck,,,,,,I'm with you  waiting for our interviews,,,,cc march 28

Thanks @Eddy 49 Hopefully we will both be scheduled for June.

I spoke to another Egyptian couple the other day and they said it's common for Egypt to schedule every other month. Since it appears they didn't schedule any May interviews for CR-1 & IR-1 out of Egypt, maybe they will for June. :)

My CEAC status says the following:  "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Do you have to call for the interview date, or is it sent by email?  I think mine is actually being scheduled separately by the embassy as I had an expedite but I'm curious to know what date NVC have booked it for if the above is true.  All I've had from them in email so far is my "checklist" which is actually a "case complete but please take your Assets that you're using instead of income to your interview because we don't check that part" letter.  Basically saying "we're all done with you, its up to the embassy now."

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Just some of the questions the embassy ask during my wife's interview. 

Questions were, how we met, when we decided to get married, where we were married, they asked her my home state and job title. 

Although she brought all the documents on the embassy inteview list, all they asked for was the ones relating to proof of relationship. Like phone bills, boarding passes, chat logs, and photos of us together and our wedding.  They never asked her for the AOS, Tax return, or any proof of income.   She told the consular already had them from NVC.  

This was at the embassy in Manila.  

Edited by lsu_mike

18 minutes ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

My CEAC status says the following:  "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Do you have to call for the interview date, or is it sent by email?  I think mine is actually being scheduled separately by the embassy as I had an expedite but I'm curious to know what date NVC have booked it for if the above is true.  All I've had from them in email so far is my "checklist" which is actually a "case complete but please take your Assets that you're using instead of income to your interview because we don't check that part" letter.  Basically saying "we're all done with you, its up to the embassy now."

You should receive what is an interview letter(email), which is the P4.   It gives u all the instructions for the interview. 

Call the NVC and ask them about your P4 letter 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 4/17/2017 at 6:20 PM, parsha said:

finally!! congratulation!! 

it takes 2 weeks for the medical report, good luck!!

wish u all the best!!

Thanks.  We are at McKay right now.lol

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning VJ family. Today makes it exactly 2 years since we officially started this journey and filed with USCIS (of course, we had spent weeks and weeks before the filing running gathering docs requested by our lawyers and accountants in preparation for the actual filing).

Its just so frustrating that 2 years on, we are still here, with no interview dates. I just pray for God to give me patience to be able to wait this out in the right frame of mind. Its just so hard not being able to make concrete plans when you know you're moving your entire family in less than 2 months to another country.

Just needed to vent this morning. Ya''ll have a good day and may more CCs roll in!

Bought our bus tickets to the embassy; we have a long night ride so we picked suite class, the very best with seats that recline 180 degrees haha. Only the best.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 4/16/2017 at 4:23 PM, Suntap said:

Hi everyone, 

checking in..

orginal scan date- Nov 23

checklist- Jan 31

new scan date - Feb 2

case complete - April 13

now waiting for confirmation email and interview date

I called them today as well and got an answer that scheduling has been completed this month.. now they will schedule first week of next month and it also depends on the capacity of Embassy. Mine is for Kathmandu, Nepal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.