dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2017

933 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Girv said:

So I have another question.

I received packet 4. On page 3, it lists all the possible documents that I need to bring with me to the interview, which includes original police clearance, I-864 AOS and proof of domicile. However, I also got a very recent email from the Montreal Consulate giving me a shorter lists of things that I need to bring to the interview. The email is below:

In reference to your immigrant visa case, please bring the following on the day of the interview:

-          Two recent passport size photographs on white background (you may not wear eye glasses)

-          Medical exam from one of our panel physicians in Canada as instructed on your appointment letter

-          Original of your birth certificate (version with your parents’ names)

-          Original marriage certificate

-          Photocopy of your petitioner’s U.S. 2016 (if filed) tax return and respective W2s

-          Photocopy of your joint sponsor’s U.S. 2016 (if filed) tax return and respective W2s

-          Final U.S. address and U.S. telephone number (we are missing the U.S. Telephone number)

**Please bring a photocopy for each original document and Original translation you are submitting at the interview. 

We thank you for your cooperation.\

My question is, do I still need to bring original police clearance, I-864 and proof of domicile? I sent my original police clearance to NVC awhile back and got a newer police clearance just in case (the first one was in Sept. 2016 and the newer one is March 2017). Or should I just bring the documents they mentioned in the email?

I doubt if you would need it since it was not specifically required but I would take it just in case it's asked for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Girv said:

So I have another question.

I received packet 4. On page 3, it lists all the possible documents that I need to bring with me to the interview, which includes original police clearance, I-864 AOS and proof of domicile. However, I also got a very recent email from the Montreal Consulate giving me a shorter lists of things that I need to bring to the interview. The email is below:

In reference to your immigrant visa case, please bring the following on the day of the interview:

-          Two recent passport size photographs on white background (you may not wear eye glasses)

-          Medical exam from one of our panel physicians in Canada as instructed on your appointment letter

-          Original of your birth certificate (version with your parents’ names)

-          Original marriage certificate

-          Photocopy of your petitioner’s U.S. 2016 (if filed) tax return and respective W2s

-          Photocopy of your joint sponsor’s U.S. 2016 (if filed) tax return and respective W2s

-          Final U.S. address and U.S. telephone number (we are missing the U.S. Telephone number)

**Please bring a photocopy for each original document and Original translation you are submitting at the interview. 

We thank you for your cooperation.\

My question is, do I still need to bring original police clearance, I-864 and proof of domicile? I sent my original police clearance to NVC awhile back and got a newer police clearance just in case (the first one was in Sept. 2016 and the newer one is March 2017). Or should I just bring the documents they mentioned in the email?

I think the original list (Police Clearance, I-864 and proof of domicile) is probably boilerplate.  Canada has the "proof of domicile" concept that is not used in all countries.  This means you have to prove that you have the right to be interviewed in Canada.  Proof of Domicile documents include one of the following:  Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport or Non-Canadian passport with a proper residency visa. 

If you bring the documents in the email - your "proof of domicile" is covered (providing you were born in Canada).  Bring a copy of the I-864 you submitted earlier - just in case.  And bring your updated Police Clearance - just in case they ask for it.

And yes, bring everything in the email.

Good Luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

It's Monday again :) we may call NVC, yey, goodluck to us :) may we get interview date today!!

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes today is Monday ,, we can only hope ,, my understanding is doesn't look good after beginning of first week of the month ,, I have seen a very few post that someone got a interview ,, keep fingers crossed 🙏  When I talk to Rep last week he said that they are most of time done beginning of the month ,, he said they still fill spot that some embassy has but very little 😧

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, R and KJ said:

It's Monday again :) we may call NVC, yey, goodluck to us :) may we get interview date today!!

Happy Monday ;)

I have this gut feeling we get scheduled today. Lets hope I am not wrong :D

Good Luck All :wub:

Timeline

I wont have a chance to call until late afternoon.

If you have called or will call, please update us.

Thank You VisaJourney Fam :wub:

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Happy Monday ;)

I have this gut feeling we get scheduled today. Lets hope I am not wrong :D

Good Luck All :wub:

I hope so Zebracakex 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

I wont have a chance to call until late afternoon.

If you have called or will call, please update us.

Thank You VisaJourney Fam :wub:

I dont know if i should call today. I don't want to get a negative response :(

Happy Monday, folks. Feeling good about this week.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Timeline
24 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

I dont know if i should call today. I don't want to get a negative response :(

I am sorry. I hear ya. We have been seeing different responses on this thread. Some are being told they are still scheduling for May and some are saying they have stopped.

I spoke to a very nice representative on Friday night and he assured me we will be scheduled sometimes this week.

Hang in there folks. I feel it coming. :)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

I am sorry. I hear ya. We have been seeing different responses on this thread. Some are being told they are still scheduling for May and some are saying they have stopped.

I spoke to a very nice representative on Friday night and he assured me we will be scheduled sometimes this week.

Hang in there folks. I feel it coming. :)

I just got off the phone with Rep ,, they said to call back end of month ,, 😡😡😡😡😡  depending on capacity  they might still have slot but she said call back end of month this not the first time I heard this 😡 I am a  idiot  because I will call back tonight and next few day but if I don't here something this week I will give up till end of month  patience is not my virtue  Lol 

Edited by Mike vowell

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike vowell said:

I just got off the phone with Rep ,, they said to call back end of month ,, 😡😡😡😡😡  depending on capacity  they might still have slot but she said call back end of month this not the first time I heard this 😡

I don't understand why would they say that . Looking at the last couple months thread I found out they were still scheduling March interviews up til February 16 -17 and April interviews up til March 13th or later (I don't remember).

My cousin's husband had an interview today ( approved :) ) and they weren't scheduled until March 13th for April 10 ( today ). I don't know if its different for some countries but, I am still very hopeful and you should be too.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

I don't understand why would they say that . Looking at the last couple months thread I found out they were still scheduling March interviews up til February 16 -17 and April interviews up til March 13th or later (I don't remember).

My cousin's husband had an interview today ( approved :) ) and they weren't scheduled until March 13th for April 10 ( today ). I don't know if its different for some countries but, I am still very hopeful and you should be too.

I'm not sure to ,, I had one guy post back to me he didn't get  confirmation till middle of the month 🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.