Scajer25

Texas Service Center 2017 I130 IR1/CR1 Visa

1,824 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How come come filers in December and January are getting approved at th the same time as March filers? Does this depend on the country??? I'm so anxious to get the approval letter... ahhhhhh i miss my hubby

This process is ridiculous 😭

19 minutes ago, Nurse1015 said:

How come come filers in December and January are getting approved at th the same time as March filers? Does this depend on the country??? I'm so anxious to get the approval letter... ahhhhhh i miss my hubby

I'm asking myself the same questions i mean there's march filers getting approved at the same time as junuary filers 

But i'm hopping that we all get approved soon 

11 hours ago, JT Garcia said:

Hello guys, 

I am glad to see God has been good to all of us. 

Our case has been approved as well :) I feel really happy for this and those still waiting hand in there, I was like that and hopeless, but God has been good. 

Thanks all for your support.

Congratulations!  NVC and so much closer now!

10 hours ago, Nurse1015 said:

Yss the process is..... ours took 201 days and have no idea why. Some petitions are sent with sub contractors who take them home and perhaps some are not the best at keeping up with organizing our folders! 

When it gets past 6 months start calling and be affirmative but polite and call once a week. Tier 2. 

The day will come when you learn it's approved and you can breathe again.... best to all.

11 hours ago, JohnnyintheUSA said:

Congratulations!  NVC and so much closer now!

You are right Johnny. Should I expect any update from NVC? Or should I call after certain time? 

5 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

What option should we choose asking for a case number when calling NVC?

Hi Nattie,

There is no option to learn your number on the automated system. 

You must choose to speak with a Human. 

They do seem very helpful. 

Took Texas 2 weeks to send ours.

1 week for NVC to receive it and 

6 days later I received the email with our number.

Pay the $120 first and do the choose agent  form at the same time.

Then we wait till they reveiw that before being allowed to pay the $325 and do the next process. 

They will have your number very soon.

24 minutes ago, JohnnyintheUSA said:

Hi Nattie,

There is no option to learn your number on the automated system. 

You must choose to speak with a Human. 

They do seem very helpful. 

Took Texas 2 weeks to send ours.

1 week for NVC to receive it and 

6 days later I received the email with our number.

Pay the $120 first and do the choose agent  form at the same time.

Then we wait till they reveiw that before being allowed to pay the $325 and do the next process. 

They will have your number very soon.

Thanks for explaining the procedures I was looking for the option to speak with a rep indeed.. looks like option 1 will do!

On 9/10/2017 at 0:29 AM, skhal625 said:

thank you for all the info...really appreciate it. i get so dissapointed every time i call NVC and they say they have not received it. its been almost 3 weeks since august 21st and still nothing. i guess i'll call as you said next friday and see what they say. 

Have you received ur invoice number yet? Call them late night so you will have less waiting time

On 9/8/2017 at 5:38 AM, Nasif Abir said:

Thanks!!!

So now i have to wait till the case sent to NVC...any idea about how long it will take to send to NVC? Does USCIS change our case status "Case was sent to Department of State" after sending it to NVC?

and yes we did include the beneficiary's birth certificate to our i130 petition.

in reality, it usually takes a week or max two weeks to send the case to NVC for most of the cases not 30 days .They send my case within 3 days and i know few others within 7-10 days

Edited by mrahman14

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
37 minutes ago, mrahman14 said:

Have you received ur invoice number yet? Call them late night so you will have less waiting time

thanks bhaiyya, 

by your username i noticed you're bengali.... so am i! i called today and the representative said they received my case from uscis today and gave me a invoice # and case # over the phone. they also asked me if i wanted to be notified via email or regular paper mail. i said email so she said its faster that way and i'd get the actual nvc welcome letter by email within next 2-3 days! SO SO happy that it's moving along! meanwhile im having my husband get the police clearence ready in bangladesh to send over. you know that takes some time... 

9 minutes ago, skhal625 said:

thanks bhaiyya, 

by your username i noticed you're bengali.... so am i! i called today and the representative said they received my case from uscis today and gave me a invoice # and case # over the phone. they also asked me if i wanted to be notified via email or regular paper mail. i said email so she said its faster that way and i'd get the actual nvc welcome letter by email within next 2-3 days! SO SO happy that it's moving along! meanwhile im having my husband get the police clearence ready in bangladesh to send over. you know that takes some time... 

No problem. Go to this site https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and log-in with your case number and Invoice number to see if they have unlock your DS-261 form and AOS payment option (Under Fee Payments), then you can start your NVC process (you don't have to wait for welcome letter if they have already unlocked your DS-261 form and AOS payment option). NVC steps are as follows

Please take the following actions: To begin processing your immigrant visa application, go to our website at
nvc.state.gov (English) or nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). There, you can read detailed instructions on the six
steps you are required to take:
Step 1: Choose an agent (please allow up to three (3) weeks for processing before continuing to Step 2)
Step 2: Pay fees online at ceac.state.gov (allow up to one (1) week for processing before continuing to Step 3)
Step 3: Submit visa application form online at ceac.state.gov
Step 4: Collect financial documents
Step 5: Collect supporting documents
Step 6: Submit financial and supporting documents in one package to NVC

Edited by mrahman14

Timeline
2 hours ago, mrahman14 said:

No problem. Go to this site https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and log-in with your case number and Invoice number to see if they have unlock your DS-261 form and AOS payment option (Under Fee Payments), then you can start your NVC process (you don't have to wait for welcome letter if they have already unlocked your DS-261 form and AOS payment option). NVC steps are as follows

Please take the following actions: To begin processing your immigrant visa application, go to our website at
nvc.state.gov (English) or nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). There, you can read detailed instructions on the six
Step 1: Choose an agent (please allow up to three (3) weeks for processing before continuing to Step 2)
Step 2: Pay fees online at ceac.state.gov (allow up to one (1) week for processing before continuing to Step 3)

thank you so much!! really appreciate all the help 😊

Timeline
2 hours ago, mrahman14 said:

if you dont mind can you please explain step 1 and step 2 in details? its a little confusing. why do they mention to wait 3 weeks and another 1 week? are we not suppose to submit all required documents in that time...? 

7 hours ago, skhal625 said:

if you dont mind can you please explain step 1 and step 2 in details? its a little confusing. why do they mention to wait 3 weeks and another 1 week? are we not suppose to submit all required documents in that time...? 

That's the typical time frame given by NVC . Please read this guide  from VJ website, you will have some ideas about how to  work on NVC process. Thank you

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.