Scajer25

Texas Service Center 2017 I130 IR1/CR1 Visa

1,824 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

I'm sure it will be approved without hiccups!!

Hey my husband spoke to a Tier 2 officer soon after we sent that BC but they reacted like "we do not suggest sending any loose documents unless you received an RFE and whatever you sent is likely to be lost and not added to your case!"

We were disappointed and hurt when we heard that but it's such positive advice to all of us who just followed the official checklist when we submit our petition because my approval probably showed that we do not need it and we do not deserve an RFE!!!! 

Alright.
That clears up some confusion.
I am just wondering why they would RFE some people and not others.
Also if they dont require the BC at the initial i-130 petition they should put it into the official verbiage via a comprehensive I-130 instructional PDF. 

Edited by Keith & Arileidi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Alright.
That clears up some confusion.
I am just wondering why they would RFE some people and not others.
Also if they dont require the BC at the initial i-130 petition they should put it into the official verbiage via a comprehensive I-130 instructional PDF. 

We got an RFE for beneficiary's birth certificate, with no red flags or anything out of the ordinary - I have a feeling it's just up to the mood of the officer that looks at your case. Seems like it can't hurt to include it though - so it's good advice for anyone starting this process to add it to their packet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Congratulations on your approvals everybody! I'm so happy for everyone it has been approved @ Texas service center the last months... wish you the best for the rest of the process, and for everyone is still waiting like me, stay positive, my priority date is June 22, but i try to think I would receive my approval on  December or January🤞🙏🏼! I know how hurting it's being far away from people we love, but our turn it's coming, btw! I didn't see my husband for 8 months, and as many of you know, I can't enter to USA because my B2 was cancelled, and he came to El Salvador for the first time to see me on August 21, we spend together like 10 days, but that gave me strength to keep waiting patiently 💪🏼, so the only thing I can say it's don't lose hope, our turns are coming, im sure it's the last fall or winter we spend without our loved ones, blessings for everyone!!! 

Edited by Elisa Segovia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Elisa Segovia said:

Congratulations on your approvals everybody! I'm so happy for everyone it has been approved @ Texas service center the last months... wish you the best for the rest of the process, and for everyone is still waiting like me, stay positive, my priority date is June 22, but i try to think I would receive my approval on  December or January🤞🙏🏼! I know how hurting it's being far away from people we love, but our turn it's coming, btw! I didn't see my husband for 8 months, and as many of you know, I can't enter to USA because my B2 was cancelled, and he came to El Salvador for the first time to see me on August 21, we spend together like 10 days, but that gave me strength to keep waiting patiently 💪🏼, so the only thing I can say it's don't lose hope, our turns are coming, im sure it's the last winter we spend without our loved ones, blessings for everyone!!! 

Happy waiting to the rest of us 

1 hour ago, Abies said:

Happy waiting to the rest of us 

1 hour ago, Elisa Segovia said:

Congratulations on your approvals everybody! I'm so happy for everyone it has been approved @ Texas service center the last months... wish you the best for the rest of the process, and for everyone is still waiting like me, stay positive, my priority date is June 22, but i try to think I would receive my approval on  December or January🤞🙏🏼! I know how hurting it's being far away from people we love, but our turn it's coming, btw! I didn't see my husband for 8 months, and as many of you know, I can't enter to USA because my B2 was cancelled, and he came to El Salvador for the first time to see me on August 21, we spend together like 10 days, but that gave me strength to keep waiting patiently 💪🏼, so the only thing I can say it's don't lose hope, our turns are coming, im sure it's the last fall or winter we spend without our loved ones, blessings for everyone!!! 

Thank you Elisa! My PD is February 27 and still waiting, hoping all February filers the best of luck and speed in these petitions , yours as well. I haven't seen my wife since June 27. Even though it's been 2 & a half months, still feels like it was a long time ago that I saw her. You're luck to have been with your spouse for those 10 days, to make you feel much better while you wait. That's all we can do, is just wait, but at the end everything will be ok and worth the wait 🙏🏼🙏🏼 

Timeline

Congratulations to all those approved... I'd like to be in ur shoes right now. I'm starting to see reflections of the light at the end of the tunnel 😁😁😁 Texas is working. Fingers crossed. PD May 23. 

2 hours ago, dancingchicken said:

We got an RFE for beneficiary's birth certificate, with no red flags or anything out of the ordinary - I have a feeling it's just up to the mood of the officer that looks at your case. Seems like it can't hurt to include it though - so it's good advice for anyone starting this process to add it to their packet.

Yes, it seems rather random.

If I had of known people were having problems with it I would defiantly included the birth certificate. 

Thank you for your input.. Maybe we all should start recommending future journeyers to include their beneficiarie's birth certificate in the initial petition(as just a precaution). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Peachess said:

Congratulations to all those approved... I'd like to be in ur shoes right now. I'm starting to see reflections of the light at the end of the tunnel 😁😁😁 Texas is working. Fingers crossed. PD May 23. 

hey my pd is 22 may. still waiting for noa2. i am hoping to get withing 3 or 4 months.

1 hour ago, Peachess said:

PD may 19 here.. I am surprised as to how fast they are working through the petitions. When I first filed I expected to wait 10 months for the NOA 2. It looks more like 5 1/2 to 8 now.

:)

I-130 APPROVED (took 203 days to get approved, no RFE)
NOA1: February 16, 2017
NOA2: September 07, 2017
Visa Type: CR-1
Texas Service Center

My wife didn't get the letter though only online status has been changed from "Case was received" to "Case was approved"

Is it normal? I mean it didn't say "Case was sent to Department of State"

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Nasif Abir said:

I-130 APPROVED (took 203 days to get approved, no RFE)
NOA1: February 16, 2017
NOA2: September 07, 2017
Visa Type: CR-1
Texas Service Center

My wife didn't get the letter though only online status has been changed from "Case was received" to "Case was approved"

Is it normal? I mean it didn't say "Case was sent to Department of State"

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Congratulations on your approval. Case approved means your case have been approved while case sent to Dept of state means your case have been approved and sent to the NVC for further processing.

My question to you is,did you include the beneficiary's birth certificate to your i130 petition?

Edited by Abies

1 hour ago, Abies said:

Congratulations on your approval. Case approved means your case have been approved while case sent to Dept of state means your case have been approved and sent to the NVC for further processing.

My question to you is,did you include the beneficiary's birth certificate to your i130 petition?

Thanks!!!

So now i have to wait till the case sent to NVC...any idea about how long it will take to send to NVC? Does USCIS change our case status "Case was sent to Department of State" after sending it to NVC?

and yes we did include the beneficiary's birth certificate to our i130 petition.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nasif Abir said:

Thanks!!!

So now i have to wait till the case sent to NVC...any idea about how long it will take to send to NVC? Does USCIS change our case status "Case was sent to Department of State" after sending it to NVC?

and yes we did include the beneficiary's birth certificate to our i130 petition.

Uscis will change it when they have sent it to the NVC. You will have wait for 30days before you can start calling the NVC if you didn't hear from them(NVC)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just a little update :) 

Spousal Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 filed: 02/24/2017

PD: 02/28/2017

NOA-1 received (Texas): 03/04/2017

I-130 approved: 08/25/2017 (Beneficiary's Birth Certificate was NOT included in I-130 :) )

MyCase status changed to Been Approved: 8/29/17 (via app and website)

NOA-2 received: 08/31/2017 (received hard copy in mail)

MyCase status changed to Sent to DOS: 09/07/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.