Scajer25

Texas Service Center 2017 I130 IR1/CR1 Visa

1,824 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, Peachess said:

Congrats to all those approved!! Please did all of u send beneficiary's birth certificate? 

I didn't send any birth certificates and was approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

Whooo hooo We got our approval today!!!!

We are so excited!!!

P.D Jan. 23, 2017

Also, just to clarify we got our approval thru snail mail. I have been checking the apps religiously and nothing showed up. It was a wonderful surprise. Our approval was dated July 27, 2017 and as of this posting they still haven't updated the website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Oluchukwu said:

Congratulations to everyone that got approval. It seems am the only Dec left to be approved PD 15/12/2016. Sad🙃🙃

My sister it is well with you. Your case is different in the sight of God

So I gave USCIS a call and managed to speak with whoever is one above the immigration officer level. The only new information I was able to get is that their official date for submitting service requests is January 1. I think he might have been mistaking that with the I-129F processing time.

Anyway, during our conversation I asked him about various avenues for visiting each other during the process. I know that it is very risky for my spouse to try and fly here and get a visa at the boarder, but the immigration officer I spoke with talked about physically going to the embassy and applying for a B-2 visa. I was wondering if anyone here has tried that route and had any success with it. We are NOT trying to circumvent out I-130 immigration process, but we want to take any legal route available to us to be together, even if it is only for 90 days at a time.

Any info would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks for providing daily updates about all of your processes. As frustrating as this has been, it's good to know I'm not the only one sometimes!

3 hours ago, dswan388 said:

So I gave USCIS a call and managed to speak with whoever is one above the immigration officer level. The only new information I was able to get is that their official date for submitting service requests is January 1. I think he might have been mistaking that with the I-129F processing time.

Anyway, during our conversation I asked him about various avenues for visiting each other during the process. I know that it is very risky for my spouse to try and fly here and get a visa at the boarder, but the immigration officer I spoke with talked about physically going to the embassy and applying for a B-2 visa. I was wondering if anyone here has tried that route and had any success with it. We are NOT trying to circumvent out I-130 immigration process, but we want to take any legal route available to us to be together, even if it is only for 90 days at a time.

Any info would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks for providing daily updates about all of your processes. As frustrating as this has been, it's good to know I'm not the only one sometimes!

It is my understanding and the clear opinion of many..... That is not a good option. They can and most likely refuse entry as it will show up in the system as pending petition. That will be heartbreaking!  Our is very close to yours. And while it is very frustrating. NOA1 and nothing since. Your turn will come up very soon. Patience... That is all I can tell you. 

5 hours ago, dswan388 said:

Any other beginning of January filers left? I'm feeling pretty stranded right now. Jan 9 filer. No news from USCIS. Called them back on 7/14 and still no word from them. This has become a master class in patience that I feel like I'm getting a C in! Hoping that the NVC process goes a lot faster for everyone who has already been approved. 

I'm early Jan too.. sent on 11th recieved on 17th. Feeling so disheartened now. Really thought it would be almost finished by now. 😐 Fingers crossed for you. Maybe our case is in the same pile I think someone super slow...... 😥

1 hour ago, Leeannejayson said:

I'm early Jan too.. sent on 11th recieved on 17th. Feeling so disheartened now. Really thought it would be almost finished by now. 😐 Fingers crossed for you. Maybe our case is in the same pile I think someone super slow...... 😥

Super super slow.  One thing that is most angering is to give them the number so they can text and to give them the email so they can email when they take action! But everyone here states they do not receive anything except snail mail. Call, check the USCIS status page and see the same thing..... On January 23rd we received your........ Just gets me mad.

Last week when I called I spoke with a person who read the current processing time right off the page that says OCT 4th..... And told me to just wait a couple more months. Give me a break. When I said bull twinkies. Texas is processing Late January now and asked for a super it took 119 minute to get a return call... Said it's pending. o boy.

Stamp it already!!! Maybe these are in the mail and we will all have some fantastic news early next week. If Not I am thinking about flying to Texas to process my own file! LOL Good luck all. NVC is next and I pray they same people working on our files now don't get a transfer up to the NVC. Peace.....

51 minutes ago, JohnnyintheUSA said:

It is my understanding and the clear opinion of many..... That is not a good option. They can and most likely refuse entry as it will show up in the system as pending petition. That will be heartbreaking!  Our is very close to yours. And while it is very frustrating. NOA1 and nothing since. Your turn will come up very soon. Patience... That is all I can tell you. 

I'm not sure you understood 100%. I understand going on an airplane and showing up at immigration trying to get in is probably not the best course of action. Rather, going to the embassy ahead of time to plead our case with someone beforehand. I'd think that if you can have face time with someone you'd have a better chance of convincing them to grant a B-2 visa. Worst case they say no and you don't have to get back on an airplane. 

I guess what im trying to see is if anyone has spoken with an embassy ahead of time. 

1 hour ago, dswan388 said:

I'm not sure you understood 100%. I understand going on an airplane and showing up at immigration trying to get in is probably not the best course of action. Rather, going to the embassy ahead of time to plead our case with someone beforehand. I'd think that if you can have face time with someone you'd have a better chance of convincing them to grant a B-2 visa. Worst case they say no and you don't have to get back on an airplane. 

I guess what im trying to see is if anyone has spoken with an embassy ahead of time. 

I think I did...  It may be that going to the embassy ahead to get a visa might be successful (there) but the problem comes when the plane lands here in the US. Having hopes up and flying here only to be sent back would be worse than waiting this process out and if that did happen it could wench the petition. I say sit tight or choose a country that you could both visit for a short get together without restrictions/ visa requirements.  I do know how it is to be apart. Hope I understood.

9 hours ago, Dan Jr said:

BREAKING NEWS! I got my approval (NOA 2) yesterday in the snail mail. Here the specifics of my case:

-Service Center: Texas

-PD: Feb 10

-Approval Date (NOA2): July 28 (took 168 days) 

-RFE: None (marriage certificate from the US, which I think it's why they didn't ask for birth certificates) 

-Got NOA 2 in the snail mail (No website updates, no email, no text message) 

Let me know if you have any questions I can help answer :) 

Oh congrats!!! That's good news for all of us!!!

8 hours ago, Oluchukwu said:

Congratulations to everyone that got approval. It seems am the only Dec left to be approved PD 15/12/2016. Sad🙃🙃

Hang in there we all here to suppor you, it will be your turn soon any time!!

8 hours ago, Dan Jr said:

I didn't send any birth certificates and was approved. 

Oh dear this is thrilling to know!!! I hope everyone gets approved soon with or without it!!!

As of Aug 4: 

- 1 case on Dec 16 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Dec 16 Received at Local Office

- 1 case on Dec 27 sent to DOS

1 case on Dec 28 sent to DOS

- 3 cases on Jan 9 sent to DOS

1 case on Jan 9 Received at Local Office

- 1 case on Jan 12 Received at Local Office

- 2 cases on Jan 13 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Jan 20 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on Jan 23 sent to DOS

- 3 cases on Feb 7 sent Request for Initial Evidence

- 8 cases on Feb 10 sent to DOS

Hello Fellow TSC fillers after several months of unwaivering patience and prayers. My husband recieve my NOA2 via mail but status still not change in USCIS website no txt and email as well. Thank you for all the encouragement and advise..Ready now to the next phase! 

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by UPS. 

05/08/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by UPS.

05/11/20  - Debit Card Charged.

05/14/20    - NOA date ( I called USCIS to get my receipt number no text or email received)

07/27/21-     Biometrics taken

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Maribel1415 said:

Hello Fellow TSC fillers after several months of unwaivering patience and prayers. My husband recieve my NOA2 via mail but status still not change in USCIS website no txt and email as well. Thank you for all the encouragement and advise..Ready now to the next phase! 

Congrats..! Happy waiting to the rest of us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.