Scajer25

Texas Service Center 2017 I130 IR1/CR1 Visa

1,824 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Elisa Segovia said:

Congratulations on your approval! It took a long, but I saw in your timeline you received a RFE... what did they ask for? It was the birth certificate of the beneficiary!? 

Actually they did NOT ask me for a birth certificate, however we were prepared to include it. They asked for:

• Passport photos - I forgot them in our original packet
  • Marriage certificate - They must have lost this
  • Proof of US Citizenship - Also must have lost this...
  • Evidence that intent to marry was bona fide - I thought this was done during the next phase and I didn't include anything extra

My return packet included:

• Cover Sheet from RFE
  • Copy of RFE Letter
  • My response to the cover letter which included an itemized list of everything included in the packet
  • Passport photos for me and my wife
  • Copy of our marriage certificate
  • Copy of my birth certificate
  • Copy of my passport photo page
  • Copy of all of the passport pages with Japan visitor visas
  • Copy of her family registry in Japanese and English
  • Copy of an itinerary for a vacation we took a few months before we got married
  • List of important milestones for our relationship with dates and locations
  • Copy of bank statement for combined bank account
  • Explanation of photos that I attached

I wanted to make sure I had too much information this time. I wasn't prepared to wait another month for them to ask for more stuff.

Edited by dswan388

10 hours ago, JohnnyintheUSA said:

Wow! Congratulations!  I csn tell you so far the NVC process seems to be much smoother.  Best of luck on this next part!

Thanks Johnny! That's the sense I get to. Crossing our fingers :-)

8 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

So our case still showing "Received" online and we received today the response to our inquiry (we made before we received the NOA2 mail) which is equally crappy, just saying they sent us a NOA2.

We started calling NVC after 2 weeks still nothing in the system yet maybe we should call USCIS and check if they have sent it out?

One thing i can be sure is the NVC officers are really nice.

Anyone having similar NOA2 PD date (Aug 31) and have you received your NVC case number yet and in what format (mail or email)?

Another couple I'm in touch with got their NOA2 on 8/23 and haven't heard anything about their case yet on the NVC side so...looks like even when we're done with TSC, they still find ways to make our lives miserable! Call USCIS daily and be a squeaky wheel.

Edited by dswan388

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
52 minutes ago, dswan388 said:

Actually they did NOT ask me for a birth certificate, however we were prepared to include it. They asked for:

• Passport photos - I forgot them in our original packet
  • Marriage certificate - They must have lost this
  • Proof of US Citizenship - Also must have lost this...
  • Evidence that intent to marry was bona fide - I thought this was done during the next phase and I didn't include anything extra

My return packet included:

• Cover Sheet from RFE
  • Copy of RFE Letter
  • My response to the cover letter which included an itemized list of everything included in the packet
  • Passport photos for me and my wife
  • Copy of our marriage certificate
  • Copy of my birth certificate
  • Copy of my passport photo page
  • Copy of all of the passport pages with Japan visitor visas
  • Copy of her family registry in Japanese and English
  • Copy of an itinerary for a vacation we took a few months before we got married
  • List of important milestones for our relationship with dates and locations
  • Copy of bank statement for combined bank account
  • Explanation of photos that I attached

I wanted to make sure I had too much information this time. I wasn't prepared to wait another month for them to ask for more stuff.

Thank u so much for your answer, it's so helpful because I want to be prepared just in case!!!! You never know with uscis 😭 

48 minutes ago, dswan388 said:

Another couple I'm in touch with got their NOA2 on 8/23 and haven't heard anything about their case yet on the NVC side so...looks like even when we're done with TSC, they still find ways to make our lives miserable! Call USCIS daily and be a squeaky wheel.

This whole Inmigration process is just ridiculous ☹️

15 hours ago, dswan388 said:

Oh i just remembered i read from other VJ member saying that an inquiry might delay cases as well, since they only replied to us on Sep 13, i figure our case might have been completed and sent after that, instead of the NOA2 Pd Aug 31...

15 hours ago, dswan388 said:

I would suggest you to wait at least 7-10 business day before you start calling them

9 hours ago, mrahman14 said:

I would suggest you to wait at least 7-10 business day before you start calling them

Just curious why you say 7-10 days? Seems like it's either delayed because I don't say anything or delayed because I call them up. If I'm going to be delayed, I'd at least like to be proactive about it. 

I'd be curious to hear from anyone whose NVC paperwork was received in a timely manner from the TSC.

Edited by dswan388

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, gulabg said:

I filed in Texas service center and they posted it on February 21st, 2017. It took a long time, but yesterday I received notice that our case was approved. Now on to NVC.

I like to know what do AOS, BIN and IV package stand for. Where do I get a list of documents that I have to submit to NVC? I will appreciate any help.

congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, gulabg said:

I filed in Texas service center and they posted it on February 21st, 2017. It took a long time, but yesterday I received notice that our case was approved. Now on to NVC.

I like to know what do AOS, BIN and IV package stand for. Where do I get a list of documents that I have to submit to NVC? I will appreciate any help.

Congratulations on your approval.

AOS ~ Affidavit Of Support 

BIN ~ Beneficiary Invoice Number 

IV ~ Immigration Visa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 18/9/2017 at 4:08 PM, dswan388 said:

Well. 252 days later, we FINALLY got our NOA2. January 9 filer. September 14 NOA2. Got the letter in the mail today (9/18). I haven't seen any updates on the USCIS website yet. I am just happy to be rid of them. I hope the NVC will be a lot more responsive and organized. Best of luck to any January filers if you're still out there. 

Congrats on your approval! :jest:

04/20/17 - Sent I-130 package

04/21/17 - USCIS received I-130 with PD 04/21

04/26/17 - Received hard copy of NOA1

05/26/17 - Sent K-3 package

05/31/17 - USCIS received I-129F with PD 05/31

10/16/17 - I-130 petition approved & notification of I-129F dismissal were issued

10/22/17 - NOA2 sent by E-mail to our lawyer

10/23/17 - Received hard-copies of both notifications (I-130 NOA2 & I-129F dismissal)

11/15/17 - Case was sent to DoS

11/16/17 - Received an e-mail notification of our case being sent to DoS

11/23/17 - NVC received the case (confirmed over the phone on 11/28) Case # not generated yet

12/01/17 - Got the NVC Case # & IIN over the phone

12/05/17 - AoS and IV fees paid Received Welcome letter through e-mail earlier this day.

01/02/18 - NVC packet delivered to/received by NVC

01/05/18 - SD assigned

02/05/18 - CC (First showing "At NVC" on CEAC, then called and confirmed it)

02/13/18 - Received e-mail notification of our CC and it being placed in queue for interview scheduling

02/13/18 - Just got interview date over the phone: 03/20/2018 Operator said that it was scheduled TODAY and that I'd be getting an e-mail with instructions soon

Later on the day I got the e-mail with PDF letter confirming the CC

02/16/18 - Received PDF letter indicating date of interview + instructions CEAC status showing 'In transit'

02/21/18 - CEAC status showing 'Ready'

03/05/18 - Medical exam in Lima, Peru

03/20/18 - Interview date at 10:15 am

03/24/18 - Visa on hand

03/26/18 - Paid the Immigrant Visa Fee

03/28/18 - POE LAX

03/29/18 - Form OS155A ‘Received and in process’

07/13/18 - Status changed to 'Card Is Being Produced' @ the egov.uscis.gov website

07/17/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (this means it was placed in queue to be sent) 

On the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov site status changed to 'Case Closed Card Is Being Produced Non-DACA'

07/18/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Picked Up By The USPS' Tracking No. was provided

07/20/18 - Card received 114 after POE 

6 hours ago, dswan388 said:

Just curious why you say 7-10 days? Seems like it's either delayed because I don't say anything or delayed because I call them up. If I'm going to be delayed, I'd at least like to be proactive about it. 

I'd be curious to hear from anyone whose NVC paperwork was received in a timely manner from the TSC.

mine went to NVC within 3 days but I have seen most of the other  went within 7-10 business days. This is just an estimate not fix number. I don't think calling nvc would make any delay

Edited by mrahman14

5 hours ago, gulabg said:

you can check this

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Getting a bit frustrated now seeing a lot of cases in Feb has already been updated as either "approved" or "sent to DOS" but mine is still "Received"....

I'm sure it's not the system but it's our case....cos the case numbers around us has all been updated...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.