- 5 cases on Feb 2 sent Request for Initial Evidence

- 1 case on Feb 7 sent Request for Initial Evidence

- 1 case on Feb 9 sent Request for Initial Evidence

- 4 cases on Feb 9 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Feb 10 sent Request for Initial Evidence

- 1 case on Feb 16 sent to New Office has Jurisdiction

Congrats everyone!!

Thank you ,I was expecting this my morning time here :rolleyes:

I'm kinda nervous, my case status still says 'On January 3rd, we received your case".

I'm checking on the USCIS case status App on my phone a couple of cases from January 3rd and all of them say pretty much the same. I have not seen any updates about them. I don't know if is just backlogged related or what, but is kinda depressing.

Congratulation to all of you that have been approved :) 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JT Garcia said:

I'm kinda nervous, my case status still says 'On January 3rd, we received your case".

I'm checking on the USCIS case status App on my phone a couple of cases from January 3rd and all of them say pretty much the same. I have not seen any updates about them. I don't know if is just backlogged related or what, but is kinda depressing.

Same here am PD 15/12/2016 still waiting for my approval. Be positive

1 minute ago, Oluchukwu said:

You are right. Hopefully we will be hearing good news soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
28 minutes ago, JT Garcia said:

You are right. Hopefully we will be hearing good news soon.

39 minutes ago, JT Garcia said:

Hello from El Salvador also! Did you tried with the E-inquire??? 

50 minutes ago, Elisa Segovia said:

Hello from El Salvador also! Did you tried with the E-inquire??? 

Hello as well :) Do you mean to contact USCIS Support? If that's the case, yes I did. I see on the case status online that they sent an email on regards of the support request I opened. However, we have not received anything on the mailbox yet. Patiently waiting. 

Hi everyone,

NOA1: 1/20/2017

NOA2: "Case sent to DOS" on 8/7.

Took exactly 200 days...

I called last week on 7/31 to speak with a tier 2 supervisor like a lot of people on the TSC and the Jan 2017 filer forums recommended.

Once I was transferred from the initial associate to the Tier 2 line, I was informed to leave a call-back number. About an hour and half later after, I received a call from a Tier 2 supervisor who asked me a number of questions and at the end told me "It's been approved as of today." There's been no updates (email, sms, or case tracker), until I refreshed my case tracker app last night. Saw that "Case Received" was changed to "Case was sent to DOS." Couldn't be more excited to see that phrase come up at last. 

Hang in there and try the Tier 2 route if the waiting in silence is unbearable. For all you know, someone might be reviewing or have already approved your case, but it's just sitting there until it's updated via the system.

It was so, so good to finally hear we're getting one step closer to reuniting once again. Best of luck everyone! 

Keep the hope alive everyone!!! As of Aug 8:

- 1 case on Dec 9 sent to DOS

- 3 cases on Jan 9 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on Jan 25 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Jan 26 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Feb 8 sent to DOS

- 4 cases on Feb 10 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on Feb 16 sent Request for Initial Evidence

48 minutes ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Keep the hope alive everyone!!! As of Aug 8:

- 1 case on Dec 9 sent to DOS

- 3 cases on Jan 9 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on Jan 25 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Jan 26 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Feb 8 sent to DOS

- 4 cases on Feb 10 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on Feb 16 sent Request for Initial Evidence

More postings on app past 6pm, so on top of the above, these are also from Aug 8:

- 4 cases on Jan 12 sent to DOS

- 2 casew on Feb 2 sent to DOS

10 hours ago, yellowcake said:

Hi everyone,

NOA1: 1/20/2017

NOA2: "Case sent to DOS" on 8/7.

Took exactly 200 days...

I called last week on 7/31 to speak with a tier 2 supervisor like a lot of people on the TSC and the Jan 2017 filer forums recommended.

Once I was transferred from the initial associate to the Tier 2 line, I was informed to leave a call-back number. About an hour and half later after, I received a call from a Tier 2 supervisor who asked me a number of questions and at the end told me "It's been approved as of today." There's been no updates (email, sms, or case tracker), until I refreshed my case tracker app last night. Saw that "Case Received" was changed to "Case was sent to DOS." Couldn't be more excited to see that phrase come up at last. 

Hang in there and try the Tier 2 route if the waiting in silence is unbearable. For all you know, someone might be reviewing or have already approved your case, but it's just sitting there until it's updated via the system.

It was so, so good to finally hear we're getting one step closer to reuniting once again. Best of luck everyone! 

Congratulations on you!

But can I ask how to dial in the customer service line and speak with a live person?

I try it many times, and also google it, but when I call it, it always tell me "if you want to talk to a customer service representative", please call back at 8:00am to 6:PM. and I never got a chance to talk a live person, so can you please help me the way to talk with a live person?

Thank you very much!

56 minutes ago, Nattie_Bry said:

More postings on app past 6pm, so on top of the above, these are also from Aug 8:

- 4 cases on Jan 12 sent to DOS

- 2 casew on Feb 2 sent to DOS

Hi ,which APP you are using? because I also download USCIS APP, but it doesn't show me this information...so wondert the name of your APP...:rolleyes:

Timeline
12 hours ago, Oluchukwu said:

I had a PD of 12/23/2016 and my case was just sent to the DOS on 8/7/2017. I am sure you'll hear from them any day now.

2 hours ago, EmmBrennan said:

Hi ,which APP you are using? because I also download USCIS APP, but it doesn't show me this information...so wondert the name of your APP...:rolleyes:

Please refer to my last post on page 8 of this thread.

Click on any cases to add to "my cases" for updates.

4 minutes ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Please refer to my last post on page 8 of this thread.

Click on any cases to add to "my cases" for updates.

Oh,Got it,I think we are using the same APP, and I was using "search' as well, just like you feel,it is not necessarily a petition for spouse,because only see I130..then I give up..

3 minutes ago, EmmBrennan said:

Oh,Got it,I think we are using the same APP, and I was using "search' as well, just like you feel,it is not necessarily a petition for spouse,because only see I130..then I give up..

If we look at the Visa Bulletins, Spouse, parents and children under 21 of USC has no quota limitations and are of higher priority.

Those cases which still sit there past normal PD are probably the petitions for the rest of the category (children above 21, siblings, family of Residence etc) has a far away PD which are not getting approved just yet.

By looking at the cases they are approving now, since petitions that are prioritized should be processed at the same time frame, it is still a relevant reference.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.