Mags

British TV ~ What Were/Are Your Favourite Shows?

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For me, the bloody well best show in the UK has to be Doctor Who. I LOVE IT. I also really enjoyed Torchwood last year as I have rather a gigantic crush on John Barrowman (yes, I know he is gay in RL!! :lol: ) AND Captain Jack is coming back for Series 3 of DW. :D

Anyway, enough of my Captain Jack swooning *swoons again* Ooops. :blush: What is/was your favourite UK TV shows?

Edited by mags

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I miss all the UK/Scottish soaps. Take the high road, Emmerdale, Coronation Street, and Brookside. I liked Pop Idol and Big Brother, the American versions just aren't the same. Crime watch UK was always interesting, Americas most wanted is kind of a poor substitute. Some of the UK programmes are shown here on PBS. Eastenders is on, but from about 10 years ago, lol. Keeping up appearances, Monarch of Glen, and there is an Irish news programme on here too. There are a lot more shows I miss from the UK, too many to list :)

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

I don't have any favs. Terrible huh. I don't watch tv in the states and rarely caught anything when I am over there.

I do get the soaps occasionally...typically while we are eating tea. During the day I'd catch the home improvement stuff!

But no favs.

I know..I am missing out!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Timeline
I don't have any favs. Terrible huh. I don't watch tv in the states and rarely caught anything when I am over there.

I do get the soaps occasionally...typically while we are eating tea. During the day I'd catch the home improvement stuff!

But no favs.

I know it sounds silly, but when I was in the UK I only really watched Dr Who and Jonathan Ross/Graham Norton etc. Most of the other stuff was US shows like Lost, Bones etc etc.

When I came over here we had no TV until last week. We only got it because it was free. You pay for internet and the cable comes with it. Since then I just have watched the programmes I used to watch in the UK. Bones, House etc etc. Until then we'd just buy the DVD of the series and watch those. Nearly finished watching the first series of Prison Break on DVD. Funny thing was, we got TV and it was showing trailers of the second series...so we know they must get out! Only four episodes to go...wonder if they make it? LOL

Timeline

I don't really miss too many. The comedy shows mainly - Red Dwarf, The Office, Little Britain, black adder etc.

My fave shows of the last few years have been things like Lost, Sopranos, 24, scrubs and desperate houswives. i.e. American shows.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

But no favs.

I know it sounds silly, but when I was in the UK I only really watched Dr Who and Jonathan Ross/Graham Norton etc. Most of the other stuff was US shows like Lost, Bones etc etc.

When I came over here we had no TV until last week. We only got it because it was free. You pay for internet and the cable comes with it. Since then I just have watched the programmes I used to watch in the UK. Bones, House etc etc. Until then we'd just buy the DVD of the series and watch those. Nearly finished watching the first series of Prison Break on DVD. Funny thing was, we got TV and it was showing trailers of the second series...so we know they must get out! Only four episodes to go...wonder if they make it? LOL

that is like Chris with lost...he has been one series behind me and I have to keep my mouth shut about what happens! IT IS SO HARD!

But he stopped watching the 2nd series in England...He will get caught up when he moves here I guess.

As I've said I don't watch TV here...haven't had it for years. My renters want TV so mayeb I will mirror it off them but I can't decide.

My parents really like House...do you really like it too?

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Timeline

Shameless is my alltime fave running series tho my fave thing on tv there ever was Our Friends in the North

Love Dr Who, addicted to Easties even tho it's #######...BB3...lil Britain when it FIRST came out....Your Face or Mine, or basically anything with Jimmy Carr cos I love his sarcasm. G Norton was great before he went to NY, The Office, Cold Feet,Coupling, PK's Phoenix Nights, Extras, OFAH, Spaced, My Hero (I couldn't help myself, lol)

erm, I can't remember any more but I'm sure I missed some

Oh! but teletubbies are great to watch when you come home pizzed at 4am, lol.

edited to add a few, heh

Edited by LisaD

Gary's fav shows were, Dream Team, Hollyoaks, Match of the Day ( of course footy ) ;) and Dr. Who.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Shameless is my alltime fave running series tho my fave thing on tv there ever was Our Friends in the North

Love Dr Who, addicted to Easties even tho it's #######...BB3...lil Britain when it FIRST came out....Your Face or Mine, or basically anything with Jimmy Carr cos I love his sarcasm. G Norton was great before he went to NY, The Office, Cold Feet,Coupling, PK's Phoenix Nights, Extras, OFAH, Spaced, My Hero (I couldn't help myself, lol)

erm, I can't remember any more but I'm sure I missed some

Oh! but teletubbies are great to watch when you come home pizzed at 4am, lol.

edited to add a few, heh

teletubbies!?!

TELETUBBIES!?!

*giggle*

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Timeline
My parents really like House...do you really like it too?

LOVE House. Hugh Laurie is brilliant in it. Although I do expect him to turn into the Prince Regent from Blackadder 3 at any moment with a silly British accent!

Current UK TV? The best right now is Life on Mars in my opinion, quite simply one of the best shows on TV from any county right now. Other things I love: Doctor Who and Spooks (AKA MI-5 in the USA). I enjoyed Torchwood, to although it was a bit of a mixed bag. It'll be interesting when they show it on US TV (BBCA?) how much of the gay stuff they leave in.

Filed: Timeline

It's weird...we don't watch any British shows at all except for Doctor Who. Everything else we watch (24, Lost, House, ER, etc) are all American shows. I think right now UK TV is going through a serious dry spell. A lot of people mentioned shows like The Office and Spaced as being their favorites; those shows haven't even been in production for years and fewer than 20 episodes were made of either one of them, which tells you something about the quality of television on offer at the moment.

I'm guessing a lot of US TV is rubbish too; most of the rubbish never makes it over here, so what does make it over here makes it look better by comparison.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline
It's weird...we don't watch any British shows at all except for Doctor Who. Everything else we watch (24, Lost, House, ER, etc) are all American shows. I think right now UK TV is going through a serious dry spell. A lot of people mentioned shows like The Office and Spaced as being their favorites; those shows haven't even been in production for years and fewer than 20 episodes were made of either one of them, which tells you something about the quality of television on offer at the moment.

I'm guessing a lot of US TV is rubbish too; most of the rubbish never makes it over here, so what does make it over here makes it look better by comparison.

Correct! Most US tv is cr*p. Some good stuff that i have got in to since moving here are Law and Order and CSI. Never watched them in the uk as they were on channel 5 and really late but they are actually really good.

Sooooo much really shallow muck on tv over here. All the reality stuff like Bachelor, beauty and the geek, american idol, dancing with the stars all make me sick.

As for the office, like many other UK comedy shows (eg fawlty towers, phoenix nights, I'm Alan Partridge), they had a couple of great seasons and then stopped. Its better this way because you remember it at the top of its game. The us version of the office is already into its 3rd season and will probably keep going until they find something better (its rubbish by the way). In UK it may take a couple of years of mediocrity but there will be a future classic tv show right around the corner.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Timeline

Do you know what I am missing at the moment? GMTV. It could be downright hilarious at times and I really miss it in the morning. I'll never forget the time that Ben Shepherd was copying Tom Cruise's "jumping on the sofa over Katie" thing and he fell over the back of the sofa on live TV!!

Classic!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Still Game but thanks you Youtube.com I get to see old episodes of that and Chewin' the Fat and Father Ted!

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.