perritonegro

Trying to get appointment Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, emjey said:

Hello there.. hope someone can help me.,im confuse in everything and feels like all are in complicated situation..Were planning our wedding day on March 2019 in Philippines, were both working oversease so we dont have time for all to process things unless one of us give up our own career. ( il be in Philippines on August this year 2018) Im Filipina ofw here and my fiancée is an American citizen.. im aware and still on learning that upon his arrival he need to apply a Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry? But long the waiting for that? so we can apply a marriage license? Please help me on this.. appreciate it.thank you.☺️🙏Godbless.please help me too what to do first and next.hope someone can understand my situation.

Now a days they require an appt to obtain the affidavit from the embassy.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks for help☺️When is the best time to apply for affidavit in lieu in cert.coz we plan the wedding next year March 16,2019. my fiancee planning his flight by march 1,2019.. or would be fine if i tell him to arrange his flight by feb.around last week of that month? So he can stay 1 month in philippines.. within his stay..our wedding day is included on that month...hope can help me again.. thanks..☺️🙏

Timeline

All you do is make an appt at the embassy for the affidavit that might take a couple hours .. show up on time for the appt .  No reason to have weeks or months in the Philippines for this.  Some arrive in the Philippines the night before their appt at USEM.

There is a 10 day waiting period after applying for the marriage license if memory services.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks for reply..what i mean is since my husband to be plan to stay one month in Philippines..would be fine before he arrive he will set an appointment? 1day before? Or a week before he arrive in philippines,? We both want one month him to stay to maximize our time for finalizing our wedding things and needs..also on January..il be good (stay)  in Philippines  coz after wedding we plan to apply a spousal visa for him to get me and bring to USA.thats actually the plan..and 10 days waiting will use that for seminars in getting marriage license i guess?..thanks.please enlighten me☺️🙏

Timeline
9 minutes ago, emjey said:

Thanks for reply..what i mean is since my husband to be plan to stay one month in Philippines..would be fine before he arrive he will set an appointment? 1day before? Or a week before he arrive in philippines,? We both want one month him to stay to maximize our time for finalizing our wedding things and needs..also on January..il be good (stay)  in Philippines  coz after wedding we plan to apply a spousal visa for him to get me and bring to USA.thats actually the plan..and 10 days waiting will use that for seminars in getting marriage license i guess?..thanks.please enlighten me☺️🙏

Set the appt for whatever date you choose.  As for availability of appt openings you would have to check with the embassy, don't know if you need to schedule a week or month in advance.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, Mylene Ramines said:

Where can i have an appointment for getting the certificate of legal capacity?

The US embassy Manila.

Timeline

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 5 months later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eamassejsajof said:

Can my fiance us citizen book an appointment for lieu capacity to marry in us embassy phil before he buy a ticket to go over phil?

Yes, do it online, follow the link in the post right above yours

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 8 months later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ching28 said:

Hi! I just have question how long can get an affidavit of lieu in the US embassy after the day of appointment?

You get the document at the appt.    It is just an "I swear ...yada yada "  takes a few minutes.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

22 hours ago, Ching28 said:

Hi! I just have question how long can get an affidavit of lieu in the US embassy after the day of appointment?

You should be in and out in 30-60 min

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.