tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

@Long Beach, thank you for the reply, and congratulations on being through with the whole ordeal! Lucky you were at Texas, I guess – it took nine months for us to even receive an RFE. Oh well. But nine weeks just to send the case from USCIS to NVC? That is insane. How far out was the embassy interview when you received your appointment?

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, heythereluna said:

@Long Beach, thank you for the reply, and congratulations on being through with the whole ordeal! Lucky you were at Texas, I guess – it took nine months for us to even receive an RFE. Oh well. But nine weeks just to send the case from USCIS to NVC? That is insane. How far out was the embassy interview when you received your appointment?

NVC schedules you 4-5 weeks in advance. 

This will give you enough time to get the medical done.

Regarding the 9 weeks: It was 5 weeks from USCIS to NVC and another 4 weeks until NVC received it. 

So don't be surprised if it takes a little longer at the moment.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:19 PM, Meno said:

i can't believe that after 7 weeks I am still waiting for California to send my documents to the NVC. I thought waiting to get approved was bad but knowing you're so close to the end but its still taking forever really plays a number on your mind and energy. Why don't they just send things out right away?

I hear you.. 8 weeks here Texas sent my documents 7 weeks after being approved.. it has now been a week since they sent it and NVC still hasn't received them.

19 hours ago, yellie said:

Got an update just today that my case was sent into the department of state. It took almost a month from approval for them to send it. 🤔🤔🤔

It took 7 weeks for Texas to send my documents.. they sent it the 23rd it's now February tomorrow and NVC hasn't received anything yet.

On 1/30/2018 at 3:38 PM, Luna17 said:

Hello. I guess it depends, mine was sent to the nvc when I received the online update from uscis and nvc received it in a week during the holidays. It would take at least 2 weeks for nvc to issue case number and after that things could move quickly as far as completing forms and paying fees. Hang in there but keep calling, they can confirm when uscis actually sent them the docs.

9 days since it was sent to NVC yet NVC has not received. I am sad.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:09 AM, heythereluna said:

Hey all,

Today it's been 33 days since USCIS received our RFE response. My husband (petitioner) finally got a human on the phone last night. The operator told him that it may take up to 120 days (!!!) for them to process an RFE response. I've been able to keep my cool for the past 10 months (NOA1 March 29, 2017), but I'm starting to feel really desperate. I thought once you send off your RFE response it can't be that long anymore...

And now that I'm reading it might also take six weeks for the file to be sent from USCIS to NVC, I just feel like crying. UGH. :(

It's frustrating trust me. I went through RFE also. And when I finally got approved and was happy and all... 7 freaking weeks for it to sent to NVC.. now 8 weeks since approval and still NVC hasn't received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all , 

So after a long wait at Nebraska and then NVC processes , My husband the petitioner have mailed  AOS and IV packages to NVC , which I confirmed they received it today . 

Any clue on how long is NVC taking from here Currently ? 

Is there anything/ documents  to be arranged which are required at the consulate stage which we can arrange and keep it ready in mean Time while we are waiting for the approval . 

Thank you , 

Good luck to all of you 

7 hours ago, Henry&Olga said:

It took 7 weeks for Texas to send my documents.. they sent it the 23rd it's now February tomorrow and NVC hasn't received anything yet.

Every case varies, but wow this is taking too long. We will start calling NVC next week to verify if they received it yet. Best of luck to all of us ❤ I hope you hear good news very soon  @Henry&Olga don't be sad it's getting closer ❤

Hey guys,

I'm an April filler, the case is being processed at NebraskaSC, but still waiting for NOA2.

Been wondering if any march filler from Nebraska is still waiting for NOA2, since pretty much everyone from April were already sent to DOS, including cases from May and June.:unsure:

12 hours ago, Henry&Olga said:

It's frustrating trust me. I went through RFE also. And when I finally got approved and was happy and all... 7 freaking weeks for it to sent to NVC.. now 8 weeks since approval and still NVC hasn't received.

Ugh, I'm really sorry. This is seriously effed up. I hope you – and everybody else who's waiting – hear something soon.

Spoiler

USCIS

NVC (PIVOT case)

Consulate stage

ROC

3 hours ago, ASMS said:

Hey guys,

I'm an April filler, the case is being processed at NebraskaSC, but still waiting for NOA2.

Been wondering if any march filler from Nebraska is still waiting for NOA2, since pretty much everyone from April were already sent to DOS, including cases from May and June.:unsure:

(Late) March filer here still waiting for approval. We received an RFE after nine months of waiting. :crying:

Spoiler

USCIS

NVC (PIVOT case)

Consulate stage

ROC

1 hour ago, heythereluna said:

(Late) March filer here still waiting for approval. We received an RFE after nine months of waiting. :crying:

:( I'm sorry. Did they received already what they requested?

At least they touched your case. We haven't received anything yet, and everytime my husband calls he just receives a generic answer. We don't know how is that they approved so many people from may and June when they still have some cases left behind.

Our petition was approved!

My husband checked his mail and the letter was there :jest:

- PD: 4/3/2017

- NOA2: 01/26/2018 (received hardcopy on 1/02/2018)

- Online status still says received.

good luck guys!

13 minutes ago, ASMS said:

Our petition was approved!

My husband checked his mail and the letter was there :jest:

- PD: 4/3/2017

- NOA2: 01/26/2018 (received hardcopy on 1/02/2018)

- Online status still says received.

good luck guys!

Amazing! Congrats!

Spoiler

USCIS

NVC (PIVOT case)

Consulate stage

ROC

5 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

Amazing! Congrats!

Thank you heytherelune, My best wishes for you, I hope you receive good news about your application very soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.