tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry for the stupid question here, but I want to make sure, I have stuff in order.  Waiting on NOA2 now, and i (petitioner)  have my last three years tax returns ready, (Turbo tax PDFs), and I'm wondering what other docs I will be needing,  I know this is covered somewhere else, but Id like to hear from ya'll March filers too. 

Also, what my wife will be needing. They will send her a packet of forms, but what about me as petitioner? do they send me any forms.   Just wanting to double and triple check, and prepare, during this long, painful, waiting period.  Thank you kindly. 

K. 

No such thing as stupid questions here! The US Dept of State actually has a really helpful step -by-step of how the entire process works, and it shows exactly what documents you need: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html This is the link to the collecting financial documents part of the process. You can see a flow chart at the top, and beneath, you can read about each step. Scroll down to the bottom and you can go back to the previous step, or click onward to the next step. Also, make sure you have the actual tax transcripts, not a copy of your saved tax return. I am assuming the transcript shows proof that you've actually submitted/filed your taxes correctly and that they have been received by IRS. There are instructions on how to obtain the transcripts in the link above. 

Hey everyone! Just found this thread.. Husband and I received NOA1 on March 20, 2017 and petition was forwarded to NSC. I'm seriously so jealous of people who had theirs forwarded to other service centers as this one is extremely slow :( My estimated wait time is 7 months while cases forwarded to TSC or CSC have a wait time of 2 months. What is going on at NSC!? :o  Hope we won't have to wait much longer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 5/28/2017 at 8:10 AM, LandK said:

No such thing as stupid questions here! The US Dept of State actually has a really helpful step -by-step of how the entire process works, and it shows exactly what documents you need: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html This is the link to the collecting financial documents part of the process. You can see a flow chart at the top, and beneath, you can read about each step. Scroll down to the bottom and you can go back to the previous step, or click onward to the next step. Also, make sure you have the actual tax transcripts, not a copy of your saved tax return. I am assuming the transcript shows proof that you've actually submitted/filed your taxes correctly and that they have been received by IRS. There are instructions on how to obtain the transcripts in the link above. 

Thanks for the link! Is it possible to begin this process before getting approved?

I guess it would be logical to have the approval from USCIS first but just wanted to ask. Because you have to select an agent and it says it takes 3 weeks for approval according to the website and that is just selecting an agent, not even the forms and fees etc u need to do.

Just came back from visiting my husband for 3 weeks. I swear it doesn't get any easier leaving. We are so eager to be together. This whole process is so long and ridiculous especially where we are already married. Ugh 😭 I hope everyone is doing well! 

Timeline
On 5/29/2017 at 6:06 AM, BrendaClements said:

Hey everyone! Just found this thread.. Husband and I received NOA1 on March 20, 2017 and petition was forwarded to NSC. I'm seriously so jealous of people who had theirs forwarded to other service centers as this one is extremely slow :( My estimated wait time is 7 months while cases forwarded to TSC or CSC have a wait time of 2 months. What is going on at NSC!? :o  Hope we won't have to wait much longer!

Welcome! I'm sorry it got forwarded there. It really should be the same timeline everywhere.  It also depends on the country. Some take 1-2 months! Crazy and not fair. Good luck and keep us updated!

Edited by Nurse1015
Sent before I was finished writing

Timeline

Hey all.

Question. I filed single this past year for taxes, even tho I got married nov.29, 2016. I guess I should've filed married but filing separate? Do I need to do an amendment for my taxes now? I'm afraid they will deny us at NVC

I just think it's ####### to file marry when for 10 months I was single ya know? I did it on turbo tax online and it was legit a $1000.00 difference. But I also couldn't file it married koz he obviously doesn't have a social security number. Like I don't even know what to Do? Ugh the make stuff so difficult sometimes for no reason. HELP!!!

*just had a thought, if my mom is going to fill out the affidavit of support for my husband then do I even need my taxes?? Just hers right?

Edited by Nurse1015
Had a thought

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Unfortunately it is a longer wait time Its so hard to check every day with no progress!!!! Its hard on everyone who is waiting! God bless us all with the patience we need!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nurse1015 said:

Hey all.

Question. I filed single this past year for taxes, even tho I got married nov.29, 2016. I guess I should've filed married but filing separate? Do I need to do an amendment for my taxes now? I'm afraid they will deny us at NVC

I just think it's ####### to file marry when for 10 months I was single ya know? I did it on turbo tax online and it was legit a $1000.00 difference. But I also couldn't file it married koz he obviously doesn't have a social security number. Like I don't even know what to Do? Ugh the make stuff so difficult sometimes for no reason. HELP!!!

*just had a thought, if my mom is going to fill out the affidavit of support for my husband then do I even need my taxes?? Just hers right?

I think you'll still need your tax info even if she is a co-sponsor.

And yes, you need to file as Married Filing Separately. I was literally married on New Year's Eve 2016, and I had to file my taxes that way. Really silly :)

You can still file as Married Filing Separately without your spouse having a SSN. You have to send the paper forms in (lame, I know) and write in NRA (Non-Resident Alien) where your spouse's SSN would go.

I'm not sure how to amend a return as I've never done it, but I can tell you that the Turbo Tax help line is very useful. I called them to ask how to file without the SSN originally.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Timeline

Oh and one other consideration is if your spouse has any income. (Basically no one is Cuba makes more than $200-300/month, so not relevant in my case.)

Usually, you end up paying less taxes as Married Filing Jointly, so you may want to either: 1) See if you can get your husband and ITIN (basically a temp SSN). This is usually through the embassy. 2) Amend your return again once he is here and see if you can get back some money :)

CR-1 Visa

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

ROC

On May 30, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Nurse1015 said:

Thanks for the link! Is it possible to begin this process before getting approved?

I guess it would be logical to have the approval from USCIS first but just wanted to ask. Because you have to select an agent and it says it takes 3 weeks for approval according to the website and that is just selecting an agent, not even the forms and fees etc u need to do.

Just came back from visiting my husband for 3 weeks. I swear it doesn't get any easier leaving. We are so eager to be together. This whole process is so long and ridiculous especially where we are already married. Ugh 😭 I hope everyone is doing well! 

Unfortunately, if my research is accurate, you can't begin the process until you receive the NOA2. I actually think you have to wait a few weeks after that because you can't do the first step of "choosing an agent" until you receive a case number from NVC

• 2 weeks later...

How is everyone doing? 

My 6 weeks being together ended today, my husband is back home to the US. Big big bummer, very hard and brutal. Both very sad.  Don't know how to overcome this long long wait.....

Hope everyone is doing well. Hang on.

Which month are the busy with right now? Anyone who knows?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, M&B said:

How is everyone doing? 

My 6 weeks being together ended today, my husband is back home to the US. Big big bummer, very hard and brutal. Both very sad.  Don't know how to overcome this long long wait.....

Hope everyone is doing well. Hang on.

Which month are the busy with right now? Anyone who knows?

I'm hanging in there. I'm lucky I get to see my husband once a month, but a long weekend isn't enough! That's awesome you had 6 weeks :)

Texas is on the very end of Dec (Dec 29 and 30) and January right now- mostly early Jan but we did see a few approvals for Jan 18 and Jan 20th yesterday.

CR-1 Visa

ROC

11 hours ago, DiamondEyes490 said:

I'm hanging in there. I'm lucky I get to see my husband once a month, but a long weekend isn't enough! That's awesome you had 6 weeks :)

Texas is on the very end of Dec (Dec 29 and 30) and January right now- mostly early Jan but we did see a few approvals for Jan 18 and Jan 20th yesterday.

I am very happy that you two can see eachother at least every month! I would already be very pleased if my situation was like that. But 6 weeks i know is luxery too in some cases.

Thank you very much Diamondeyes for your Texas update! Looks maybe very lazy that i don't make time to find out on my own but i live really a hectic work life

( nurse) I am thankful.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

California Service Center folks:  I see they finally updated their processing times, now working on I 130s (Petitioner is US Citizen, filing for spouse)  to 15 January 2017. 

Thats getting closer to our March priority date!!!!!    It hasn't moved in a month and a half. Finally !    Getting Closer.   Won't be long now.   Oh yeah.  

Good Luck to everyone else.     

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.