tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

FINALLY!!! After 268 days our case was sent to the Dept of State from Nebraska. I checked case status this morning at 7am as usual and it said Received. At 8am to my wife and my surprise, I got an email saying it was sent to Dept of State, and it showed online too. Just when you think it won't happen, it does. I'll update my timeline now. PD 27 March. 

32 minutes ago, mrandmrsR said:

FINALLY!!! After 268 days our case was sent to the Dept of State from Nebraska. I checked case status this morning at 7am as usual and it said Received. At 8am to my wife and my surprise, I got an email saying it was sent to Dept of State, and it showed online too. Just when you think it won't happen, it does. I'll update my timeline now. PD 27 March. 

Congratulations...... 263 days still nothing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, mrandmrsR said:

Congratulations 

1 hour ago, mrandmrsR said:

Congratulations. Are you saying you got approved and had your case sent to the mvc the same day?

Can someone help. 😔 I received online update on Dec. 5th that rfe was mailed i mailed what they asked for (passport photo) on Dec. 13, today i received a notification saying on Dec. 5th we mailed you an rfe. Could this be a mistake? Or can it mean they received it? Im freaking out i hope its not another rfe

35 minutes ago, Meno said:

Congratulations. Are you saying you got approved and had your case sent to the mvc the same day?

Not sure. I never received a notice that our case was approved. Just the one NOA saying it was sent to DOS. I assume it was approved recently but not necessarily the same day. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, dadabigboy said:

didnt see anything approved or RFE'd on my tracker today.... anyone seen anything?

This is what I got from last 2 days on my tracked cases 

April 3.   ~~~ Sent to DoS 

March 28. ~~~. Sent to DoS

March 27 ~~~~  Sent to DoS

March 26 ~~~~. Sent to DoS

March 23 ~~~~ Sent to DoS

March 17 ~~~~ Sent to DoS

February 21 ~~~~  Sent to DoS

February 14 ~~~~ Sent to DoS

December 6 2016 ~~~~ Sent to DoS 

Most of these were updated yesterday 

Only couple uodates today 

Edited by harsh2010

2 hours ago, Jacky U. said:

Can someone help. 😔 I received online update on Dec. 5th that rfe was mailed i mailed what they asked for (passport photo) on Dec. 13, today i received a notification saying on Dec. 5th we mailed you an rfe. Could this be a mistake? Or can it mean they received it? Im freaking out i hope its not another rfe

it just means they updated the system online later than the time they sent the letter in the mail. doesn't mean anything. i would call next week to see if it was received. also note, that because of the christmas season it might take longer to review paperwork and it might take up to January for them to review your information and approve you.

2 hours ago, Meno said:

it just means they updated the system online later than the time they sent the letter in the mail. doesn't mean anything. i would call next week to see if it was received. also note, that because of the christmas season it might take longer to review paperwork and it might take up to January for them to review your information and approve you.

Thank you yea they just updated that rfe request was received, i was afraid it was another rfe

9 hours ago, Meno said:

did you call 8am -6pm of the time zone of your service center time zone? 

Yes, it was already 10AM and couldn't get to a customer rep not even selecting the option for no receipt number. I called multiple times and found it weird.

6 hours ago, mrandmrsR said:

Congratulations, what a relief. 281 days and still waiting. PD March 15.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all , 

I am a beneficiary for IR1CR1 VISA . My husband is at USA ND I am in India . 

While jotting down all the documents required at NVC Stage I just learnt that I will need a police clearance certificate from regional Passport office . 

Filling out the form I realised the following facts 

My passport is in my maiden name .  I have not added spouse name to it yet . ( My i130 forms etc were filed on maiden name too ) 

Now there is  a detail on pcc  form which asks me if I am married and if so my spouse information . If I add my spouse information will it conflict with my passport data ND create problem with police clearance certificate . If I don't add his name I am declaring a false information that I am not married so what should I do ? 

And before  submitting DS260 261 do I require to change to married name . ?? 

8 hours ago, nehallakhani said:

Hello all , 

While jotting down all the documents required at NVC Stage I just learnt that I will need a police clearance certificate from regional Passport office . 

My passport is in my maiden name .  I have not added spouse name to it yet . ( My i130 forms etc were filed on maiden name too ) 

Now there is  a detail on pcc  form which asks me if I am married and if so my spouse information . If I add my spouse information will it conflict with my passport data ND create problem with police clearance certificate . If I don't add his name I am declaring a false information that I am not married so what should I do ? 

well that depends. when you put that you are married on the form are they going to assume you name has changed? if they don't assume that it has changed then go ahead and put your spouse information and request the report. its a weird time to change your name. i think its best to wait until after the interview.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, nehallakhani said:

Hello all , 

when you are requesting PCC you need to declare that you are married and need to include spouse information. My wife's PCC states my name on it and says "wife of". 

As far as your name change that doesn't matter, although in Indian consulate they might question you why you didn't change your name after marriage, but its not mandatory to change name and you can give them some reason like you didn't have enough time for the process or simply you don't believe in changing name.

Hello!! 

Im having doubts on this topic.

My i130 was recently approved and now moving to NVC, i understand that at NVC i will have to show supporting documents of income. Now that 2017 is almost gone and it will be tax filing season in the US. When its time for me to send my tax transcripts? W2's? (Most likely in January 2018) For the past 3 years will i have to send 2016, 2015 and 2014? Or would i have to send 2017, 16 and 15? I mean i probably wont even have filed my 2017 taxes yet?

Anothers questions my wife is abroad, does not work abroad, has never been to the US but i've been reading posts about people having problems filing married separately because they are asked for a ssn or ittn? Itn? Number. Is there a way to not claim her? I feel like doing so would make it more complicated to file. 

Thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.