I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ours was just approved!!!

PD: March 9, 2017

Approved: September 28, 2017

Texas Service Center

Received email, text and approval letter in the mail all today.

Edited by slowpoke

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Any March 2017 filers , who have thier files at Nebraska processing centre received any updates yet .

Edited by nehallakhani

Timeline
15 minutes ago, EDurevic said:

Nope, unless you got some hook ups at the Nebraska center. We found out that 3 cases from PD march 9th got approved in april so basically a month. Its not expided or anything. Just plain blank says recvd march 9th approved april 17th and 2 cases april 26th. Cant be anything but hooking somebody up. 

Thats my PD also but with HellBraska 

Yes it's such a mess . I got married in January P.D March 6 . Soon it will be my anniversary and I still would be separated from my partner . I don't Know if there is anything we can do to make things faster at Nebraska . Also if anyone knows that can I visit my husband while the process continue on tourist visa or can I take a examination there . Please help 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
28 minutes ago, nehallakhani said:

Yes it's such a mess . I got married in January P.D March 6 . Soon it will be my anniversary and I still would be separated from my partner . I don't Know if there is anything we can do to make things faster at Nebraska . Also if anyone knows that can I visit my husband while the process continue on tourist visa or can I take a examination there . Please help 

You can visit but if you get asked questions you will have to show ties to your home country and that you intend to return when your holiday is over. If you plan to overstay your visa that is fraud and you could be kicked out. My wife and I will be heading over the end of October for a two month holiday with her parents, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully when we get back to Ireland my NOA2 approval letter will be in my mail box.

There is no way for you to take any examinations that are part of the process while you are in the US, they must be completed in your home country. 

Please try fill in your timeline and country information, it is very helpful to keep the stats correct.

Best of luck with your visa journey.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

You can visit but if you get asked questions you will have to show ties to your home country and that you intend to return when your holiday is over. If you plan to overstay your visa that is fraud and you could be kicked out. My wife and I will be heading over the end of October for a two month holiday with her parents, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully when we get back to Ireland my NOA2 approval letter will be in my mail box.

There is no way for you to take any examinations that are part of the process while you are in the US, they must be completed in your home country. 

Please try fill in your timeline and country information, it is very helpful to keep the stats correct.

Best of luck with your visa journey.

Hey thank you for enlightening me about tourist visa . 

However the exams I am reffering is about the professional course named Certified public accountant ,  I am enrolled with for which I can take examination at USA only . But not sure if I get visa for taking that examination while my file is still in process .  ( I can show my examination fee reciept and exam Hall entrence ticket as a proof ,if asked for ) . 

Also , is there any effect if I am denied for tourist or any other visa for examination on my immigration process .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, slowpoke said:

Ours was just approved!!!

PD: March 9, 2017

Approved: September 28, 2017

Texas Service Center

Received email, text and approval letter in the mail all today.

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Suriname
Timeline

Hi guys, i hope everyone is doing Well so far.... I am a bit worried cause my husband got my approved letter About 2weeks ago... But THE USCIS case status website hasnt been updated since then, an i havent heard anything form NVC Anybody know holang iT takes for THE website to Be updated an gearing form NVC

7 minutes ago, Chinegwa25 said:

Hi guys, i hope everyone is doing Well so far.... I am a bit worried cause my husband got my approved letter About 2weeks ago... But THE USCIS case status website hasnt been updated since then, an i havent heard anything form NVC Anybody know holang iT takes for THE website to Be updated an gearing form NVC

Hey,

Well my petition got approved  September 8th, and right away was updated to approved petition. Two weeks later (September 25th) USCIS updated to SENT TO NVC. A week later After i called NVC ( Yesterday October 2nd) i found out they just received it. NVC Told me to wait 2 weeks to get a letter with a case number.

12 minutes ago, Chinegwa25 said:

If it has been two weeks then your husband can call the national visa center to see if a case number has been assigned.  (603) 334-0700.  Have him call in the evening as you won't wait as long online.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Suriname
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wiffey said:

Hey,

Well my petition got approved  September 8th, and right away was updated to approved petition. Two weeks later (September 25th) USCIS updated to SENT TO NVC. A week later After i called NVC ( Yesterday October 2nd) i found out they just received it. NVC Told me to wait 2 weeks to get a letter with a case number.

Should I be worried that it hasn't updated yet?

7 minutes ago, rmpiedra said:

If it has been two weeks then your husband can call the national visa center to see if a case number has been assigned.  (603) 334-0700.  Have him call in the evening as you won't wait as long online.

Okay thank u, can I also call?

Just now, Chinegwa25 said:

Don't worry, they don't always update status. The best way to find out is always calling.

11 minutes ago, Chinegwa25 said:

Okay thank u, can I also call?

Yes, you are the beneficiary, and once the the paperwork is at the NVC, it is the beneficiary who takes the lead on the visa process as at this step it is you that is officially applying for the visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Finally I-130 NOA2 Approval 09/23/17

1-130-NOA1 Priority Date 03/13/17

TSC 

Received notice in mail, not updated on website yet (as of 10/03/17)

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs M said:

Finally I-130 NOA2 Approval 09/23/17

1-130-NOA1 Priority Date 03/13/17

TSC 

Received notice in mail, not updated on website yet (as of 10/03/17)

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.