tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Just now, WCH said:

They aren't with Nebraska thats for sure

Yeah no texas and california.. hooefully nebraska catches up processing times should update by friday on the uscis website. We'll see how far they got

8 hours ago, WCH said:

In a couple of days, USCIS will update their dates. Let's see how far Nebraska have gotten...This stressful wait is killing us!!!! 

Seriously. I'm keeping my hopes up but it looks like - from timelines here (that you kindly pointed me to) - they're still in December. Arg. Why so slow!

Timeline
5 hours ago, mrandmrsR said:

Seriously. I'm keeping my hopes up but it looks like - from timelines here (that you kindly pointed me to) - they're still in December. Arg. Why so slow!

I am assuming Nebraska have more applications then other centers, looking at the different types of forms on USCIS, Nebraska clearly has a lot more to do than Potomac for example..still they should equally process these things, just to be fair..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, WhyTheBroccoli said:

I went through an attorney and am in Pittsburgh so am not sure which center had it first 

Your lawyer should have explained the process fully to you and keep you appraised as you go through each stage. Ask him for your case number that was assigned by the USCIS office, you can the monitor it on one of the tracking apps.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Henry&Olga said:

Hahaha! We all are. Ive read every thread since like september 2016. I was looking at page 1 of this thread people whos pd is march 1st etc and they already received the first letter from NVC. Meanwhile we havent received NOA2.. 

I'd love to go see what they are doing in my brain I see them just sitting around talking in Nebraska even tho I know they are working but goodness how long can it take? Especially since other threads say each application takes approximately 10-15 min!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello everybody, for ones were asking why Texas has approved some petitions earlier I have the answer, for example few months ago they approved some march cases, and now they have approved April cases, I was doing a research and I "interviewed " 😅 (I sent a lot of messages) and a lot of people sent the k3 application, people who sent I 130 form, and then with the NOA1 they applied for the k3 visa they have been approved the I 130 right know, so it's like a life hack , when you start the I-130 petition if you apply for the k3 it's like a way to "speed up" the process, how? Because the k3 application its almost 2 months ahead than the I 130 process, so it's like a way to make they read your petition faster, but it doesn't mean you will have de k3 approval, but who cares if you can speed up this damn process😔 

Edited by Elisa Segovia

54 minutes ago, Elisa Segovia said:

Hello everybody, for ones were asking why Texas has approved some petitions earlier I have the answer, for example few months ago they approved some march cases, and now they have approved April cases, I was doing a research and I "interviewed " 😅 (I sent a lot of messages) and a lot of people sent the k3 application, people who sent I 130 form, and then with the NOA1 they applied for the k3 visa they have been approved the I 130 right know, so it's like a life hack , when you start the I-130 petition if you apply for the k3 it's like a way to "speed up" the process, how? Because the k3 application its almost 2 months ahead than the I 130 process, so it's like a way to make they read your petition faster, but it doesn't mean you will have de k3 approval, but who cares if you can speed up this damn process😔 

I did read something like that. If you apply for both they only approve one or the other. So i guess if the K3 gets picked up earlier. They can approve the K3 or review the i-130 instead and approve that. Maybe i should have done that...

Timeline
Just now, Meno said:

I did read something like that. If you apply for both they only approve one or the other. So i guess if the K3 gets picked up earlier. They can approve the K3 or review the i-130 instead and approve that. Maybe i should have done that...

I was told the opposite. If you apply for the k3 while I130 is processing, they will find out about it (as they ask you in one or the other if you have applied with uscis before) and then they may deny both applications.

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elisa Segovia said:

Im not so sure about that..i ask my representative about the k3 after applying for i-130 and they do not recommend me doing so cause it will interfere with the i-130 form..and i also did a little research online also told not to so.

5 minutes ago, WCH said:

I was told the opposite. If you apply for the k3 while I130 is processing, they will find out about it (as they ask you in one or the other if you have applied with uscis before) and then they may deny both applications.

I take that to mean that USCIS does whatever they want however they want it.

16 minutes ago, Meno said:

I take that to mean that USCIS does whatever they want however they want it.

Straight from the USCIS website.  To file a K-3 you must have filed an I-130 already.

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k3-k4-visa/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas

Most likely you pay another fee, and when your spouse arrives, you pay all the fees (including another medical exam) associated with adjusting status.  No big deal, right?  Well if your spouse wants to work, s/he has to apply for that privilege at the same time as the adjustment and wait 90 days to receive the permission.  Unless your spouse likes doing nothing that's about all s/he can do.

If feels frustrating, but at this point, you're better off riding this through.  Your spouse will have his/her green card within a few weeks of arrival and the two of you can get on with starting your lives without going through another USCIS process the minute the plane lands. I've gone through AOS with a divorced spouse (after she arrived on a K-1).  The process sucks just as much as the I-130.

Edited by rmpiedra

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 9/13/2017 at 8:18 PM, Meno said:

I'm in california service center and there is no one on here to compare my file date with. Everyone else has at least some idea of when their case will be processed.

I was California Service center,  NOA1 14 Mar 2017,  NOA2 on 20 July 2017.   I felt it was rather quick,and we feel lucky to be here we are now in the NVC process.  I hope and pray ya'll get approved soon.  Stay strong, and be positive.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.