Merle

Record number of lawsuits for the Obama administration

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Merle said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration in its final year in office spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs defending its refusal to turn over federal records under the Freedom of Information Act, according to an Associated Press analysis of new U.S. data that also showed poor performance in other categories measuring transparency in government.

For a second consecutive year, the Obama administration set a record for times federal employees told citizens, journalists and others that despite searching they couldn't find a single page of files that were requested.

And it set records for outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records who had asked the government to waive search and copy fees.

So shocking that the "most transparent" was the most corrupt. 

2 hours ago, eieio said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration in its final year in office spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs defending its refusal to turn over federal records under the Freedom of Information Act, according to an Associated Press analysis of new U.S. data that also showed poor performance in other categories measuring transparency in government.

For a second consecutive year, the Obama administration set a record for times federal employees told citizens, journalists and others that despite searching they couldn't find a single page of files that were requested.

And it set records for outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records who had asked the government to waive search and copy fees.

So shocking that the "most transparent" was the most corrupt. 

Your idol won't even release his tax returns. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

Your idol won't even release his tax returns. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

obama-transparency.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

4 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

He's not the President anymore. Trump has spent  that much flying to Florida for the weekend. 

and when those figures are published we can expect trumpsters to scream "fake news" and run in the opposite direction, probably to pick up their monthly supply of vaseline from costco.

seriously, how do trump lemmings reckon all the moaning and groaning about obama and golfing with trump going golfing every weekend - yet costing millions more than obama ever did? how about all that nonsense about moochelle and spawn going on lavish vacations but not a peep about the cost of trump's baby momma #3 personal decision to stay in ny (not that i blame her, she'd get nothing but understanding from me if she milked this distance between her and trump as long as possible) at the cost of millions MILLIONS of dollars a day. those millions, added to the millions trumps florida excursions cost..just where the hell do trump lemmings get off to visit this insane version of reality where obama hatred was a-ok but holding trump accountable for his own assertions - pass. if i didn't know better i'd say racism was at play, but i know i know nobody hated obama cause he was black. just cause he golfed too much.

15 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

and when those figures are published we can expect trumpsters to scream "fake news" and run in the opposite direction, probably to pick up their monthly supply of vaseline from costco.

seriously, how do trump lemmings reckon all the moaning and groaning about obama and golfing with trump going golfing every weekend - yet costing millions more than obama ever did? how about all that nonsense about moochelle and spawn going on lavish vacations but not a peep about the cost of trump's baby momma #3 personal decision to stay in ny (not that i blame her, she'd get nothing but understanding from me if she milked this distance between her and trump as long as possible) at the cost of millions MILLIONS of dollars a day. those millions, added to the millions trumps florida excursions cost..just where the hell do trump lemmings get off to visit this insane version of reality where obama hatred was a-ok but holding trump accountable for his own assertions - pass. if i didn't know better i'd say racism was at play, but i know i know nobody hated obama cause he was black. just cause he golfed too much.

I'm sure racism played a part for some, but for most I would guess it's all about the letter on the sweater.

Just now, Teddy B said:

I'm sure racism played a part for some, but for most I would guess it's all about the letter on the sweater.

i don't know. i read an article somewhere, can't remember, about how the real reason trump hated obama and tried to delegitimize him at every turn with the birther thing is because obama and his family were accepted into affluent 'elite' circles in a way that trump and his family will NEVER be accepted because trump is considered trashy money. he gold plates things, his sense of style is gaudy. he is a parody of an affluent rich man, he is the affluent rich man's trailer trash. no matter how hard trump tries to break into that circle obama had no trouble getting into and receives the respect he believes he deserves, the more he realizes he'll never be more than the dumpster fire with money that he is..

5 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i don't know. i read an article somewhere, can't remember, about how the real reason trump hated obama and tried to delegitimize him at every turn with the birther thing is because obama and his family were accepted into affluent 'elite' circles in a way that trump and his family will NEVER be accepted because trump is considered trashy money. he gold plates things, his sense of style is gaudy. he is a parody of an affluent rich man, he is the affluent rich man's trailer trash. no matter how hard trump tries to break into that circle obama had no trouble getting into and receives the respect he believes he deserves, the more he realizes he'll never be more than the dumpster fire with money that he is..

Rumor has it that The Donald is working on the gold plated Presidential Grill.

image_original.jpg

2 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

Rumor has it that The Donald is working on the gold plated Presidential Grill.

image_original.jpg

doubtful, trump ain't no bulworth.