Nickz1517

I was denied on k1 and met someone new

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

In my case, I never make it to the interview. During the initial uscis verification of documents they denied me. Because my X fiancee divorce final decree was not submitted. But then he filed for notice of appeal I290b and attached the final decree.They gave us a new case number, after a year of waiting the status still on review, but decided to move back to america. He decided to talk to a lawyer he was told to write a cancellation letter so we could refile to speed up the process. As we were waiting for cancellation he met someone and decided to stay with her and moved on to his life.  He said he wrote them a letter for cancellation of appeal, but on the status its says "DECISION MAILED" On February 21, 2015, we denied your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number EAC1390879060. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by March 8, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Do you think if the decision has been made by uscis does it require a cancellation? We all deserve to be happy, why do we have to suffer of someones mistake? My interview will be on Monday at Kuwait consulate, really cant afford to disappoint my fiancee because we both sacrifice a lot of things to make this happen. Thanks everyone

Edited by keizynjohn2015

6 minutes ago, keizynjohn2015 said:

In my case, I never make it to the interview. During the initial uscis verification of documents they denied me. Because my X fiancee divorce final decree was not submitted. But then he filed for notice of appeal I290b and attached the final decree.They gave us a new case number, after a year of waiting the status still on review, but decided to move back to america. He decided to talk to a lawyer he was told to write a cancellation letter so we could refile to speed up the process. As we were waiting for cancellation he met someone and decided to stay with her and moved on to his life.  He said he wrote them a letter for cancellation of appeal, but on the status its says "DECISION MAILED" On February 21, 2015, we denied your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number EAC1390879060. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by March 8, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Do you think if the decision has been made by uscis does it require a cancellation? We all deserve to be happy, why do we have to suffer of someones mistake? My interview will be on Monday at Kuwait consulate, really cant afford to disappoint my fiancee because we both sacrifice a lot of things to make this happen. Thanks everyone

Nope. It has already been denied, which means the verdict has already been given to you guys for that particular application so what is there to withdraw? Nothing. :)

Besides, it's been 2yrs. Petitions have expiry dates, NOA2 itself has an expiry date. 

And what if (just what if and I am just giving an example here) in the years that followed after the petition has been denied, your ex died. Now what? How is the petition going to be withdrawn then if the person who has to do it is six feet under the ground? Does that mean that you can no longer be in a new relationship with an American guy and be petitioned again via the same visa that was filed for you before? Of course not. You have the right to start anew and be happy. Withdrawing the petition is solely the responsibility of the petitioner. You as a beneficiary have nothing to do with it. He will have problems if he files for the same visa for someone else and he does not declare that he filed for it years ago. But you on the other hand shouldn't suffer just because your ex forgot to do his responsibility of calling it off. Furthermore, not everyone had a smooth breakup with their exes so not everyone can talk to their exes and ask them for a favor to deal with something that was done years ago. :)

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

2 minutes ago, keizynjohn2015 said:

Thank you so much Missushabes! This situation is really tough. 

I totally get what you mean. The K1 process is already tough as it is and to have all these other factors you are facing right now makes it all the more stressful. But I will keep you and Nickz1517 in my prayers. I personally believe you're gonna make it and be approved. Best of luck on your upcoming interview and let us know how it goes. 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, missushabes said:

I totally get what you mean. The K1 process is already tough as it is and to have all these other factors you are facing right now makes it all the more stressful. But I will keep you and Nickz1517 in my prayers. I personally believe you're gonna make it and be approved. Best of luck on your upcoming interview and let us know how it goes. 

I will let you guys know as soon as I get done. Thank you so much. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, missushabes said:

Thank you so much @missushabes? Hope we could get through this?? and good luck @keizynjohn2015? to your interview. 

Nickz1517...Here are some ideas:

1.  You could go to your interview and hope for the best.

2.  You could hire a private investigator to find your ex-fiance, You, your current fiance, your attorney, or your private investigator could ask your ex-fiance to withdraw his petition.  You could write the withdrawal in advance in order to make it easier for your ex-fiance.  All he would have to do is sign it and date it in front of a notary, and then send it to the US IS and the embassy. Pay your ex-fiance if necessary.

3.  Your current fiance could get his U.S. representative involved in finding out the status of the previous petition and whether it will affect your current petition.

I like number three.  If that didn't work, I would go with number two.  

Does anyone have any other ideas?

There was someone here on VJ not too long ago who was in the same situation as you.  The current petitioner contacted the previous petitioner and the previous petitioner agreed to withdraw his petition.  If I remember correctly, the previously petitioner had since married and, because so much time had passed, he bore no grudge against his ex-fiancee.  

Timeline

Nickz be positive, stop listening to negative people that will put you down. Just be confident, go to the interview and be positive. Tell them what happened to your ex, also they will give you an option how to close the old petition. Best of luck for us!

Timeline
41 minutes ago, keizynjohn2015 said:

Nickz be positive, stop listening to negative people that will put you down. Just be confident, go to the interview and be positive. Tell them what happened to your ex, also they will give you an option how to close the old petition. Best of luck for us!

Thank you @keizynjohn2015?I will. Good luck in your interview. You can do it!? All the best for us!? 

Timeline
On 3/19/2017 at 10:44 AM, Nickz1517 said:

Thank you @keizynjohn2015?I will. Good luck in your interview. You can do it!? All the best for us!? 

Nickz, just want to share with you my good news, my interview went well. I got approved, the CO didn't even asked me any question about my previous petition. My visa is ready today. God bless on your journey. Muah

Timeline
9 minutes ago, keizynjohn2015 said:

Nickz, just want to share with you my good news, my interview went well. I got approved, the CO didn't even asked me any question about my previous petition. My visa is ready today. God bless on your journey. Muah

Congratulations @keizynjohn2015? I am so happy for you.? God bless you too! Mwah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.