jnicolel

February 2017 AOS from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas

145 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, USpatial said:

February filer here, I've been lurching for a while.

Sent: 02/14/2017

Received: 02/15/2017

Email confirmation/checks cashed: 02/22/2017

NOA arrived on: 02/28/2017 (No dates)

Biometrics appt: 03/24/2017

No RFEs (yet).

And since today (03/23/2017) I was able to check our case online. 

Hi there! Our timelines are almost identical! 

EAD/AP: 02/14/17 - 05/26/17 (101 days)

AOS: 02/14/17 - 06/20/17 (126 days)

ROC: 05/19/19 - 04/23/20 (340 days)

N-400: (249 days)

9/13/2020- Application filed online 

9/21/2020 - NOA1 received 

12/10/2020 - NOA2 biometrics reuse

2/2/2021 - NOA3 N-400 interview scheduled for 3/16/2021

3/8/2021 - NOA4 N-400 interview cancelled 

3/15/2021 - NOA5 N-400 interview re-scheduled 

4/27/2021 - Interview (approved)

4/28/2021 NOA6 Oath ceremony scheduled 

5/20/2021 - Oath ceremony

6 minutes ago, USpatial said:

They are. I thought you were my spouse who had found this website at the same time I did!

Lol! That's hilarious. 

EAD/AP: 02/14/17 - 05/26/17 (101 days)

AOS: 02/14/17 - 06/20/17 (126 days)

ROC: 05/19/19 - 04/23/20 (340 days)

N-400: (249 days)

9/13/2020- Application filed online 

9/21/2020 - NOA1 received 

12/10/2020 - NOA2 biometrics reuse

2/2/2021 - NOA3 N-400 interview scheduled for 3/16/2021

3/8/2021 - NOA4 N-400 interview cancelled 

3/15/2021 - NOA5 N-400 interview re-scheduled 

4/27/2021 - Interview (approved)

4/28/2021 NOA6 Oath ceremony scheduled 

5/20/2021 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 3/21/2017 at 9:28 AM, jnicolel said:

Argh! I just checked the online case status. The only one that works is for the 485 application. It says that yesterday they sent an RFIE. My only guess is that it is for 2016 taxes because I am pretty sure I sent in everything else.  Frustrating. 

We got the RFIE letter in the mail today.   I was so confused when I read it.  It says we missed page 3, part 4 as blank.  I know I filled in that part, so I was so confused when I looked at my copy that it was indeed blank. I did a little search and it looks like other people have had the same problem. Apparently when you fill out page 3 park 4, it autofills page 12 part 11.  If you later go and delete page 12 part 11 because you think it is not needed, then it automatically deletes page 3 , part 4!  JEEZ!

It also said that the ''form was submitted from a joint sponsor, however, the the names listed on page 1 and page 3 are not the same." and then proceeds to say to submit an 864 from a joint sponsor and all the supporting documents for them.  I never included a joint sponsor in any section, and shouldn't need to as my current income is well over the poverty level for my household size.  Granted, my last few years tax returns reflect a below poverty level income level, but my CURRENT income is over 70K and I had originally submitted paychecks and an employer letter to prove so.  I am thinking that this second part of the letter was just because page 3 part 4 names part was left blank.  

How annoying that a form glitch caused a minor deletion that I didn't catch and now I have a delay with an RFIE.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
18 hours ago, jnicolel said:

We got the RFIE letter in the mail today.   I was so confused when I read it.  It says we missed page 3, part 4 as blank.  I know I filled in that part, so I was so confused when I looked at my copy that it was indeed blank. I did a little search and it looks like other people have had the same problem. Apparently when you fill out page 3 park 4, it autofills page 12 part 11.  If you later go and delete page 12 part 11 because you think it is not needed, then it automatically deletes page 3 , part 4!  JEEZ!

It also said that the ''form was submitted from a joint sponsor, however, the the names listed on page 1 and page 3 are not the same." and then proceeds to say to submit an 864 from a joint sponsor and all the supporting documents for them.  I never included a joint sponsor in any section, and shouldn't need to as my current income is well over the poverty level for my household size.  Granted, my last few years tax returns reflect a below poverty level income level, but my CURRENT income is over 70K and I had originally submitted paychecks and an employer letter to prove so.  I am thinking that this second part of the letter was just because page 3 part 4 names part was left blank.  

How annoying that a form glitch caused a minor deletion that I didn't catch and now I have a delay with an RFIE.  

Aww I'm sorry! I know how frustrating it is. Just get everything out as soon as you can and include your tax returns from 2016, pay stubs, employment letter (even though you already did) and I also wrote a letter quoting what the poverty line is and indicating why I make more than 125%. My case is back on track. Good luck!

Timeline
5 hours ago, gallegamericana said:

Aww I'm sorry! I know how frustrating it is. Just get everything out as soon as you can and include your tax returns from 2016, pay stubs, employment letter (even though you already did) and I also wrote a letter quoting what the poverty line is and indicating why I make more than 125%. My case is back on track. Good luck!

I'm glad your case is back on track. I mailed the updated 864 today along with 2016 tax return, w2s, pay stubs, and employment letter.  I just now realized though that I forgot to add a couple of the "Schedules" that were part of the tax return. AK!  I was so nervous about getting everything right and out in the mail ASAP that of course I had to make a mistake. Now I am wondering if I should just mail them the missing papers or do the whole thing over again.  The package I sent today is supposed to arrive on Monday.  

Timeline
34 minutes ago, jnicolel said:

I'm glad your case is back on track. I mailed the updated 864 today along with 2016 tax return, w2s, pay stubs, and employment letter.  I just now realized though that I forgot to add a couple of the "Schedules" that were part of the tax return. AK!  I was so nervous about getting everything right and out in the mail ASAP that of course I had to make a mistake. Now I am wondering if I should just mail them the missing papers or do the whole thing over again.  The package I sent today is supposed to arrive on Monday.  

So I just found out that I can intercept my package with USPS, which I applied to do so.  Hopefully they will catch the package and send it back to me so I can then add the missing documents and resend it.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

oof.. i've been posting in the family-based aos by mistake! i'm here now though. it's great to meet you all.. : )

our priority date is 27 feb with a noa1 of 6 mar. bio appt is first thing monday morning!

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 hours ago, jnicolel said:

So I just found out that I can intercept my package with USPS, which I applied to do so.  Hopefully they will catch the package and send it back to me so I can then add the missing documents and resend it.  

That's awesome!! Things work out :)  Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

biometrics took about an hour, there were a fair amount of ppl! tbh i got anxious of the crowd and started feeling sick so i waited in the car after he went back for the actual fingerprinting. he told me the guy chatted with him about kangaroo fights and spiders and they had a good laugh. so at least one of us had fun!

aaand back to waiting time.. hope you all have a nice week : )

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I receieved the corrected NOA1 too. Also, I check my wife AOS application ts show the case is ready to schedule for interview? Anybody on the same boat? 

Edited by Duy Nguyen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Duy Nguyen said:

I receieved the corrected NOA1 too. Also, I check my wife AOS application ts show the case is ready to schedule for interview? Anybody on the same boat? 

Oh wow that's fast when did you submit the application ?

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/13/2017 at 8:41 AM, kat&eddie said:

Lucky you :( I still haven't received my letter for biometrics 

may i ask what local office you have for biometrics ?

I filed AOS for my wife on Febuary 13,2017

Case received via text on Febuary 20,2017

Check was cashed on Febuary 21,2017 

NOA received on Febuary 25,2017

March 10 received Biometric is scheduled for March 22,2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.