Lorenao

Finance Documents required by my america Fiancé to sponsor me for a K1 visa

5 posts in this topic

I live in the UK and my fiancé is a US citizen living in Philadelphia, we are thinking of starting the K1 fiancé process later this year but we are just looking to get some information first. He recently started working for a company in the past 2 months and it is the first company he has worked for where he has been earning enough money to be able to sponsor me for the visa (over 100% of the poverty guideline). however, as he has only been working there for 2 months, they have not given him a W2 yet for him to file his taxes this year, his money is taxed and he is on a salary and he has proof of income through his pay stubs and bank statements but he just won't have a W2 or a tax return document for this financial period. If we attend a K1 visa interview later this year in London, will it be enough for him to prove his income through his pay stubs and his bank statements? or does he need to have a W2 and tax return? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I don't know what and how different the process is like in UK but my then fiance (we are married now) sent out our 129f papers to uscis, he just received his first paycheck ever (2nd week on the job-his first job). He makes just enough so he can petition me.

When I had my interview in the Philippines, I brought 6 months worth of paystub, his job letter with his job description and how much he makes, a copy of our joint account and form 134 affidavit of support(?). But they didn't ask for any of those. The embassy only asked for pictures and how long we have been together.

When we filed for my aos last october, my husband doesn't have a tax return yet so we had a co sponsor for that.

I think you will be fine OP. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by melonshake

K1                                                                                                                                         ROC

03.22.2016: 129F sent                                                                                                                                 05.05.2019: 90 day window opens
03.28.2016: 129F received                                                                                                                          05.09.2019: ROC sent
04.01.2016: NOA1                                                                                                                                       05.17.2019: text receipt with LIN # and check cashed
06.15.2016: NOA2                                                                                                                                       05.21.2019: NOA hardcopy with 18 months extension letter

07.14.2016: NVC#                                                                                                                                       10.24.2019: Biometrics appointment (Las Vegas)

07.25&27.2016: Medical PASSED!                                                                                                              04.02.2020: Case APPROVED!

08.04.2016: Interview APPROVED!                                                                                                             04.08.2020: 10yr GC received in mail

08.12.16: Visa ready for pickup

08.23.2016: CFO                                                                                                                                         N-400

08.29.16 : POE LAX                                                                                                                                    05.05.2020: 90 day window opens

05.06.2020: filed online

AOS, EAD& AP

10.19.2016: AOS, EAD& AP sent

10.20.2016: delivered

11.02.2016: NOA1 emails& texts

11.03.2016: Check cashed

11.08.2016: NOA1 hard copy

11.12.2016: Biometrics Notice received

11.22.2016: Biometrics appointment (Las Vegas)

12.05.2016: Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

01.21.2017: EAD/AP card received

07.03.2017: AOS Interview scheduled for August 3, 2017

08.03.2017: AOS Interview APPROVED!

2 minutes ago, melonshake said:

Hi! I don't know what and how different the process is like in UK but my then fiance (we are married now) sent out our 129f papers to uscis, he just received his first paycheck ever (2nd week on the job-his first job). He makes just enough so he can petition me.

When I had my interview in the Philippines, I brought 6 months worth of paystub, his job letter with his job description and how much he makes, a copy of our joint account... But they didn't ask for any of those. The embassy only asked for pictures and how long we have been together.

When we filed for my aos last october, my husband doesn't have a tax return yet so we had a co sponsor for that.

I think you will be fine OP. Hope this helps. :)

thank you!! so he didn't have a w2 or tax refund document when you applied for the K1 visa and you also didn't have a co sponsor for the K1 either ? and you were okay to just provide proof of his pay stubs, job letter and your joint account?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup we didn't have any of those. And we didn't use a co-sponsor for the k1 visa because they don't allow it in the Philippines. I only had his pay stubs, form134, letter from work and bank joint account certificate.

Again, our process in my country's us embassy might be different from yours.

And he just received his first w2 and filed for taxes last month.

K1                                                                                                                                         ROC

03.22.2016: 129F sent                                                                                                                                 05.05.2019: 90 day window opens
03.28.2016: 129F received                                                                                                                          05.09.2019: ROC sent
04.01.2016: NOA1                                                                                                                                       05.17.2019: text receipt with LIN # and check cashed
06.15.2016: NOA2                                                                                                                                       05.21.2019: NOA hardcopy with 18 months extension letter

07.14.2016: NVC#                                                                                                                                       10.24.2019: Biometrics appointment (Las Vegas)

07.25&27.2016: Medical PASSED!                                                                                                              04.02.2020: Case APPROVED!

08.04.2016: Interview APPROVED!                                                                                                             04.08.2020: 10yr GC received in mail

08.12.16: Visa ready for pickup

08.23.2016: CFO                                                                                                                                         N-400

08.29.16 : POE LAX                                                                                                                                    05.05.2020: 90 day window opens

05.06.2020: filed online

AOS, EAD& AP

10.19.2016: AOS, EAD& AP sent

10.20.2016: delivered

11.02.2016: NOA1 emails& texts

11.03.2016: Check cashed

11.08.2016: NOA1 hard copy

11.12.2016: Biometrics Notice received

11.22.2016: Biometrics appointment (Las Vegas)

12.05.2016: Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

01.21.2017: EAD/AP card received

07.03.2017: AOS Interview scheduled for August 3, 2017

08.03.2017: AOS Interview APPROVED!

1 minute ago, melonshake said:

Yup we didn't have any of those. And we didn't use a co-sponsor for the k1 visa because they don't allow it in the Philippines. I only had his pay stubs, form134, letter from work and bank joint account certificate.

Again, our process in my country's us embassy might be different from yours.

And he just received his first w2 and filed for taxes last month.

Thank you for the info :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.