Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Missabc said:

So a few months ago I got a quote for my dog Lola's flight and it was £1,500.... fast forward 6 months and I call the company and ask for an up to date quote for November and amazingly it has got even more expensive... £2,000. Yep, you heard me right £2,000. 

Someone call a doctor, I think I'm going to have a heart attack! :lol:

Did you shop around for that quote? I think other airports in U.K. can vary in price. I.e. Scotland or look at going via Frankfurt. Lufthansa has a good pet facility at Frankfurt (they can only travel one leg per day apparently). I got a quote from London to Spain for £1188 for a 10kg dog once, yet Monach only charged £478 from Luton. Massive difference.

My friend sent hers from Scotland to Las Vegas for £1k

If you want your pet in the hold, look at Aer Lingus from Dublin or fly from Paris etc. Huge difference in price in Europe.

I'd be interested to know more about your pet travel arrangements - I'm sure there was a separate discussion board here for pet travel from U.K., but I can't find it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Did they tell your fiance she was approved after the interview? Did they hand her a slip of paper (221g) asking for any additional documents? Then it should be fine.

All cases go through Administrative Processing before they issue the visa, and that takes longer for some consulates than others, but you shouldn't be worried for now.

Hopefully the status will change to issued soon. Good luck!

Yes they said she was appproved and gave her the paperwork that attests to that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, TeamSarPaul said:

Anyone have any tips on gathering evidence for the interview? We have the ring receipts, and are putting together a scrapbook of pictures...

Phone bills, emails, confirmation emails if you sent any gifts/packages. We're trying hard to avoid chat logs because the system we use is anything but log friendly.

We were told to put a lot of emphasis on pictures with both you and other people, friends, family. We ended up doing an engagement tour in both countries to meet all each other's friends and family and take photos with them.

1 hour ago, twoDs said:

NVC is going super fast. We're pretty sure our case arrived on 9/1, and case went to the embassy on 9/6 -- and it was a three day weekend between those two dates.

In other news, our lawyer finally filed the DS-160 today. A "mere" 12 days after case READY status.

Now they want to wait on sending the packet 3 letter until the police certs are actually in hand.

And they were just starting on those today until we stopped them because we already applied for them a month ago, because we knew they weren't on top of things. If we hadn't, we'd be waiting more than a month to send in packet 3!

one more time, kids: do. not. use. a. lawyer.

Total lawyer-induced delays to date: about 5 weeks, and it'd be at least 9 had we not filed for the certs. It may still be longer if they insist on waiting for them.

Woohoo least you are seeing um some movement. lol HUGS Its not like you have to have them to send packet 3 but yeah I had mine but I ordered mine from the commissionaires or something because I tried the RCMP and after 8 weeks I called them and they have no record of my paperwork. *rolls eyes* So I orded it from https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/individual/electronic-criminal-record-checks then the next day they emailed me the certificate and I emailed them back asking for a paper copy with a seal and they said no problem mailed it to me free. Cost me maybe 55 bucks. I got it a week later in the mail. Other Canadians on VJ have used it and had no problems. :)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Woohoo least you are seeing um some movement. lol HUGS Its not like you have to have them to send packet 3 but yeah I had mine but I ordered mine from the commissionaires or something because I tried the RCMP and after 8 weeks I called them and they have no record of my paperwork. *rolls eyes* So I orded it from https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/individual/electronic-criminal-record-checks then the next day they emailed me the certificate and I emailed them back asking for a paper copy with a seal and they said no problem mailed it to me free. Cost me maybe 55 bucks. I got it a week later in the mail. Other Canadians on VJ have used it and had no problems. :)

My soon to be wife had gotten one for her profession earlier in the year, so she knew how long it took. We'll keep this in mind as a backup.

Unfortunately we need one from Ireland as well, but they seem very professional about supplying them, we just have no idea how long it will take. Doesn't help that it was years ago and the residence address is unknown.

Just now, twoDs said:

My soon to be wife had gotten one for her profession earlier in the year, so she knew how long it took. We'll keep this in mind as a backup.

Unfortunately we need one from Ireland as well, but they seem very professional about supplying them, we just have no idea how long it will take. Doesn't help that it was years ago and the residence address is unknown.

Ugh yeah that would make it harder then. Well I hope they both come soon. :) I can't wait for the day you tell us when her interview is. :) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, pajobra said:

Ugh yeah that would make it harder then. Well I hope they both come soon. :) I can't wait for the day you tell us when her interview is. :) 

In the morning the bride to be will go get the new passport photos (man they sure like to suck up these pictures) and sign and scan the packet 3 letter. We're hoping to push the lawyer to send the dumb thing rather than waiting for the certificates to be in hand so we can get on with it.

When is your interview? At this point I am sure we're weeks behind you -- but since we have nearly the same NVC dates, the time from your packet 3 to interview is probably going to be similar for us.

41 minutes ago, twoDs said:

In the morning the bride to be will go get the new passport photos (man they sure like to suck up these pictures) and sign and scan the packet 3 letter. We're hoping to push the lawyer to send the dumb thing rather than waiting for the certificates to be in hand so we can get on with it.

When is your interview? At this point I am sure we're weeks behind you -- but since we have nearly the same NVC dates, the time from your packet 3 to interview is probably going to be similar for us.

Ugh tell me about it. LOL When I went to get them done the lady said why you immigrate there. I said for love why else and she smiled a wistful smile and said ah yes. Then said you need SEVEN gee what do they do with them all. I said who knows. LOL I still think you should just fire the lawyer and go ahead but anyway. :P 

My interview is October 11th. My Mum and I fly to Montreal October 2nd and I have my medical at Medisys in Montreal on the third of October. I can pick up my results October 6th. Then after the interview we will fly back on the 12th of October. 

Just now, pajobra said:

45 minutes ago, twoDs said:

Oh you will get packet 4 the next day in email after you submit packet 3 and then you can schedule your interview and your medical after that. :) Last I heard Oct 11th, 18th, 25th and Nov 1st and so on were open.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kateryna_I said:

Olya, what's email from the justice of the peace? 

And didn't know it is necessary to bring new letters of intent. Good to know. 

It was our way to show that we are making wedding plans. So, an email from Eric stating that he is going to marry his Ukrainian fiancee who is not in the country yet, so he doesn't have an exact date but would like to know what is required from him, and a response with some details, like the fee, documents needed, etc.

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey all. Had the most frustrating thing happen today. Our Oct 9 appointment in juarez was cancelled because the Embassy is undergoing "administrative procedures". They rescheduled us for Nov 3. You guys think it's ok for him to visit now that we have a longer wait? Don't want to go that long without seeing him! He has a B1/b2 visa.

8 hours ago, June2017UK said:

Did you shop around for that quote? I think other airports in U.K. can vary in price. I.e. Scotland or look at going via Frankfurt. Lufthansa has a good pet facility at Frankfurt (they can only travel one leg per day apparently). I got a quote from London to Spain for £1188 for a 10kg dog once, yet Monach only charged £478 from Luton. Massive difference.

My friend sent hers from Scotland to Las Vegas for £1k

If you want your pet in the hold, look at Aer Lingus from Dublin or fly from Paris etc. Huge difference in price in Europe.

I'd be interested to know more about your pet travel arrangements - I'm sure there was a separate discussion board here for pet travel from U.K., but I can't find it.

I did, the only reason I've gone with this particular company is because it's a direct flight from Heathrow to Houston. My dog get really stressed out when she's not with me.... she comes to work with me everyday so it's all she knows. I'm in Manchester so they will be collecting her from my house and taking her to the facility across the road from Heathrow. I did try looking to see if there was any companies at Manchester airport but i couldn't find any that facilitated what i needed. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet on this one unfortunately. :( 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.