Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Ok now I'm quite worried - http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Canada&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

on the most recent review, apparently the interview is supposed to be booked as a non-immigrant visa. I think I booked mine as an Immigrant visa! This is confusing. How do you know which type it is booked as?! Can anybody from Canada help @PR&PR  @eastcoastgroove

Whoops sorry I quoted the wrong person above.  See my post above.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey guys.  Just checking in.  NOA1 sent 3/13, received 3/16.   Still haven't heard anything.

In case someone is out there from those early dates still waiting, you still have waiting buddies. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, twoDs said:

So... No NOA2 today BUT... an email from my senator:

I just received the below response from the California Service Center after making an inquiry on your behalf. They report that your case has been APPROVED and is being sent to the National Visa Center for further processing. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your August 04, 2017, inquiry on behalf of your constituent, XXXXX, regarding the I-129F petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  In receipt of your inquiry, a thorough review was completed on your constituent’s case.  USCIS records show the following:

-  The California Service Center approved the referenced I129F petition on August 11, 2017, an approval will be sent to the petitioners address of record.  The petition will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing. 

Since USCIS records can confirm that the case will be sent to the NVC (in approximately 2-3 weeks), USCIS will no longer have jurisdiction over the approved I-129F petition. Please address all further inquiries to the NVC. The NVC can be contacted at:...

So now the big question -- did the inquiry trigger the approval? We'll never know. I'd still advise doing it if you're still waiting.

Yay!! That's awesome!! Same exact thing that happened to me, so I'm thinking the inquiry has to prompt them to pull the case and approve it! I'm glad Mr. 'E' was able to help us both! hehe. :) 

Edited by KozmicBlues

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I can't remember exactly what I did as I can't sign up again but I just went as far as that and I believe I chose the option The mentioned a k visa and then the next step is signing up and there is mention at the top of an immigrant visa.  I saw that post too and was like 🤔🤔🤔🤔.  It sounds like something was wrong from the beginning though as her interview was scheduled for her and she rescheduled to Wednesday bc she saw that's what day kvisas should be.  It also seems like she didn't pay beforehand.  For me it made me pay first and also only gave me wednesdays as options. There is an option under kvisa that says immigrant... Maybe she picked that??  ***Sorry quoted the wrong post**** @Nathan&Amy

IMG_1511.PNG

I'm pretty sure this is what happened for us, too. The interview is definitely on a Wednesday. @Nathan&Amy maybe e-mail consulate to make sure you are okay given your interview is on the 6th? 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Ok now I'm quite worried - http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Canada&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

on the most recent review, apparently the interview is supposed to be booked as a non-immigrant visa. I think I booked mine as an Immigrant visa! This is confusing. How do you know which type it is booked as?! Can anybody from Canada help @PR&PR  @eastcoastgroove

Just looked in my email and Found my confirmation for the appointment.  It mentions the k visa appt at the top.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, annachka said:

Hey guys.  Just checking in.  NOA1 sent 3/13, received 3/16.   Still haven't heard anything.

In case someone is out there from those early dates still waiting, you still have waiting buddies. :D

Exact Same Dates

Still Waiting

Timeline
6 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I can't remember exactly what I did as I can't sign up again but I just went as far as that and I believe I chose the option The mentioned a k visa and then the next step is signing up and there is mention at the top of an immigrant visa.  I saw that post too and was like 🤔🤔🤔🤔.  It sounds like something was wrong from the beginning though as her interview was scheduled for her and she rescheduled to Wednesday bc she saw that's what day kvisas should be.  It also seems like she didn't pay beforehand.  For me it made me pay first and also only gave me wednesdays as options. There is an option under kvisa that says immigrant... Maybe she picked that??  ***Sorry quoted the wrong post**** @Nathan&Amy

IMG_1511.PNG

Thank you! Yes this seems like what I did as well... and it would only let me choose Wednesdays and I paid online. I also called the Montreal consulate just now and a guy there confirmed everything looks correct for my appointment. But he said that "yes you booked it under the correct class - K Visa", he didn't say anything about booking it on the correct site (immigrant vs. Non-immigrant) so I will probably worry until September 6 arrives sigh

3 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Back to the discussing re getting the SSN, I'm a bit confused about this. Why is the SSN a requirement for a marriage certificate? Suppose this was flipped around and an American was marrying a Canadian and moving up here to live in Canada, but the wedding was in the American's city... they would get their marriage certificate there but the Canadian citizen wouldn't have an SSN as they wouldn't be ever moving to the US. Same as if any 2 random ppl went to the US for a destination wedding, which must happen all the time, they must be able to get a marriage certificate without the SSN.

That varies widely. I am not getting my SSN til after marriage because I am changing my name. Google the county and state you are getting married in most of this is found online. :) This is what it states for the El Paso County in Colorado which is where we will be married:

Social Security Numbers

• Social Security Numbers ARE required on marriage license applications (C.R.S. 14-14-113).
  • If a party does not have a Social Security Number, the Affidavit Concerning Social Security Numbermust be completed and submitted at time of application for a marriage license.  It may be signed and notarized in advance or signed in front of the Deputy County Clerk at time of application.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, gob332 said:

I'm pretty sure this is what happened for us, too. The interview is definitely on a Wednesday. @Nathan&Amy maybe e-mail consulate to make sure you are okay given your interview is on the 6th? 

Thanks! I called them and they confirmed it looks ok so I'm really hoping. Still worried tho lol

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Thanks! I called them and they confirmed it looks ok so I'm really hoping. Still worried tho lol

It sounds like you should be good. If you have an e-mail confirmation like the one attached, you should be doubly good! I will report back on Wednesday after her interview!Capture.JPG.3c2019125158c3964c76d951725468e9.JPGCapture.JPG.3c2019125158c3964c76d951725468e9.JPG

Timeline

@Nathan&Amy So this is the screen shot from when my fiance scheduled her interview. This seems pretty straight forward to me and feel like if K visas needed to select the Immigrant Visa option, there would be wayyyy more mix ups.

**Edit - it looks like the person in the review booked an immigrant visa instead of a K-1 Visa interview. Do your confirmation e-mails say k-visa?

Capture.JPG

Edited by gob332

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nathan&Amy said:

I am not too sure...Sorry, this is a bit confusing as a K1-visa is non-immigrant with immigrant purpose. You could always call the embassy and they most likely could tell you if it's right or not and adjust it in their system.

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Timeline
50 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Yay!! That's awesome!! Same exact thing that happened to me, so I'm thinking the inquiry has to prompt them to pull the case and approve it! I'm glad Mr. 'E' was able to help us both! hehe. :) 

I told him as much.

It's more than a little suspicious that we both wait forever, and then get our NOA2s within a week of having "E" contact USCIS.

Thank god he's one of the ones that takes his job seriously, I had a sinking feeling when he said "let me check the USCIS web site," but he clearly was doing that to establish the site was out of date and thus justify the inquiry. Whatever he did, yay him! I can only hope others get someone as conscientious when they call their representatives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hello!

guys, i need your advice , maybe I missed the posts related to this topic:

In march , when we applied for the k1 , me-beneficiary- i put down my address in the UAE where i used to live at that time; now I no longer live over there , shall we inform NVC about the change of address of beneficiary ? we got the noa2 on the 8th of August, we don't have yet an NVC number. shall we call them now and inform about this address change , shall we call the Embassy in Romania? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.