Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Back to the discussing re getting the SSN, I'm a bit confused about this. Why is the SSN a requirement for a marriage certificate? Suppose this was flipped around and an American was marrying a Canadian and moving up here to live in Canada, but the wedding was in the American's city... they would get their marriage certificate there but the Canadian citizen wouldn't have an SSN as they wouldn't be ever moving to the US. Same as if any 2 random ppl went to the US for a destination wedding, which must happen all the time, they must be able to get a marriage certificate without the SSN.

14 hours ago, Yzabelle said:

INTERVIEW WILL BE NEXT WEEEEEEK! :wacko: I'm really nervous now. I can feel my heart beats sooo fast! 😣 Finally I'm done organizing my documents. I'm ready for the interview! :)) just practicing on how to answer them. Coz this Filipina isn't so used in speaking English personally. This Filipina is not used to hearing english words. I even asked my fiancé to record questions so i can practice hearing them. I'm glad he participated😂 

Congratulations to those who got their approvals already! I'm always rooting for all of you who are still waiting! Please don't lose hope ❤️ everything will fall into place and according to God's plan😊 hang in there!

Breath breath breath and count to 10 😂😂 just keep picturing yourself in the USA in your new home 🏡 and new husband 💏 The hard part is waiting for interview,once your in there it'll be nothing to worry about 😉 There's a reason you made it this far in your visa journey 😁😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Back to the discussing re getting the SSN, I'm a bit confused about this. Why is the SSN a requirement for a marriage certificate? Suppose this was flipped around and an American was marrying a Canadian and moving up here to live in Canada, but the wedding was in the American's city... they would get their marriage certificate there but the Canadian citizen wouldn't have an SSN as they wouldn't be ever moving to the US. Same as if any 2 random ppl went to the US for a destination wedding, which must happen all the time, they must be able to get a marriage certificate without the SSN.

Marriage certificate requirements vary state to state and county to county. There's no SSN requirement here.

Timeline
2 hours ago, pajobra said:

OMG Chris got a letter from USCIS in informed delivery today. :D He is sure its the NOA2 looks like notice date is August 9th. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I am crying I am so happy. My kitty Pixie is trying to comfort me because she thinks I am sad. lol Chris is home sick today so he said that when mail gets delivered in a few hours he will see if he is up to getting the mail. Hopefully he is and then we will open it on Skype together. OMG OMG OMG I am so happy. I really felt like it was never coming. Chris said to me see love you said we were getting our NOA2 last week and technically we did it was approved last week. LMAO So soon as we do I will let you all know for sure. :D 

I hope all March filers get theirs today that are waiting and the rest of the February filers too that still need theirs. Looks like if August 9th is our date that was Day 149 from received and Day 146 from notice.

About time!! Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, twoDs said:

Thank you! It's a relief to me, and of course the bride-to-be is very happy!

Fir real, it's just so refreshing to see a March approval- seeing these 2 today, well, that's Priceless! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
6 hours ago, jaybeltisroy said:

I just called NVC and asked the girl (she sounded sooooo bitchy) if they already received our case from USCIS. She was not helpful at all. She just asked for WAC number from USCIS and just told me to call after September 14 like #######!

Did someone tried to call NVC about the case number?

I did and I think I had the same girl 😂... but I'm freaking out too... I know people who had the same NOA2 date as me and they got their case number today. I'm sure if we just be patient, we will get it sometime this week or next. Just keep calling 🤗

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

I just googled this, and it appears the issue is if you have a SSN, it must be provided, due to federal law ( title 42, US Code Sec 666 (a) (13) (a) see here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/666)

It sounds like it's possible to get married if you simply don't have one, but you'll need to tell the clerk this beforehand and confirm they'll do it.

Timeline

My two calls to the NVC were received by less than enthusiastic bureaucrats. When they asked for my receipt date, you could hear the irritation in their voice when they moved to the "it could take up to 6 weeks yadda yadda."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
2 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

My two calls to the NVC were received by less than enthusiastic bureaucrats. When they asked for my receipt date, you could hear the irritation in their voice when they moved to the "it could take up to 6 weeks yadda yadda."

Even though they sound annoyed they are still 1,000x better than the USCIS representatives 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnJ Co said:

Absolutely ridiculous it took a hundred and fifty seven days to arrive at an RFE!  Hang in there, for sure the rest of us are going to be here for a while longer - no news monday :)

Yes, and still no letter as to what it is, So I have no idea what to correct!  Hopefully you get your soon and no RFE

Timeline
8 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

That was exactly my experience... every time I called I got. When was your petition approved? July 3rd. Ok it takes up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive it so we don't have it yet.

...I KNOW it can. but it can take less, so that's why I'm calling... :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, SimplyBlessed said:

Yes, and still no letter as to what it is, So I have no idea what to correct!  Hopefully you get your soon and no RFE

I'm actually expecting RFE, My logic is - the way this has gone so far, why would it change directions?  I'll get an RFE and then wait another 150 days for an answer.  The good news is, I can be on the March 2018 129F Filers list!!!!   LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

I'm actually expecting RFE, My logic is - the way this has gone so far, why would it change directions?  I'll get an RFE and then wait another 150 days for an answer.  The good news is, I can be on the March 2018 129F Filers list!!!!   LOL

I can not wait 150 days.... Not sure I would survive lol!  That would be nearly a year!  Im praying this goes fast and We can  move on with our life!  

I did hear that once that get the updated RFE they want, you dont lose your place and the case moves after that!  WE will see

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Missabc said:

I'm just curious if there is anyone here from the UK, I'm a February filer currently on day 172 waiting for my NOA2. Majority of Feb filers have now scheduled their interviews and medicals and I'm panicking that by the time i get my NOA2 and schedule my medical/interview that i'll be all alone with nobody to answer my questions lol. So I'm going to creep over here to you Marchy's :lol: 

Hi, I'm from the uk, so you won't be alone 

16 minutes ago, UktoTexas said:

Hi, I'm from the uk, so you won't be alone 

UK to Texas... same as me! I'll be moving to San Antonio :)

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.